Grunt-N-Gobble 13-Dec-10
x-man 13-Dec-10
Gray Ghost 13-Dec-10
Genesis 13-Dec-10
Gregor 14-Dec-10
osiris 08-Feb-11
bigkev42 08-Feb-11
03-Dec-10
I am contemplating a switch from conventional 4" plastic vanes to 2" Fusion vanes from Norway Industries. In the past I have been around others who shot Blazer vanes and noticed the blazers to be noisy as they travel downrange.It was very noticeable if one (I) was down range listening as the arrows came past. Are the Fusion vanes quieter? They have a more conventional shape. Will they work as well as the conventional vanes? I`m looking to improve my setup by removing some weight from the rear of the arrow. Thoughts ?

03-Dec-10
I haven't noticed the noise issues, but fusion vanes have been known to adhere better to shafts. Once I switched to the Arizona EZ fletch, I no longer had adhesion issues with Blazers.

03-Dec-10
I shoot the 3" Fusions and they are not noisy.

03-Dec-10
I shoot the 2"Fusions and love 'em. I've never noticed any noise,even with Blazers. Never have had a problem with adhesion either. My arrows shoot better accuracy wise also.

03-Dec-10
The fusions are GREAT vanes, they adhere well and are tough as nails. I haven't noticed a noise issue that would exceed the noise created by a broadhead.

They are worth a try worse thing that happens you are out a couple bucks and ten minutes of time.

03-Dec-10
I use the 2" fusion's and they seem to be more quiet than the blazers. I did a test this summer to see if there was an accuracy difference. I logged my shot placement and I could not tell the difference in accuracy between Fusion, Blazers, or Vane Tech, but I could only shoot 23 yards.

03-Dec-10
I did it this year.. shot blazers for a few years but decided to try the fusion 2.1" shieldcuts when a proshop owner recommended them. He told me they were just as good, and were easier to adhere to the shaft compared to blazers. I love them, have noticed no difference as far as durability...like others have mentioned.

and i do feel that they are slightly quieter

03-Dec-10
I agree with the above comments about fusion vanes! They also have a wide base, and that will allow you to get a much more aggressive helical and offset fletch compared to most other vanes.

03-Dec-10
I cant think of a reason to shoot blazers over fusions after using them for years (fusions for the last 2). I just wish I didn't have 500 blazers laying around...

Bill in MI

03-Dec-10
EZ Fletch Mini and Fusions equal crazy helical and better longrange accuracy with broadheads for me. I used to shoot Blazers and I think the Fusions are slightly quieter, but I do not think that that matters one bit. Noisy Blazers have been killing well for a while...

04-Dec-10
DO yourself a favor and check out flex fletch vanes. I have tried all the vanes out there and finally found one vane that really is awesome. Flex fletch

04-Dec-10
Has flex fletch gotten any better in terms of the prep required? They used to leave the mold release agent on there and the amount of cleaning required to get them to where other vanes are out of the package was a PITA.

04-Dec-10
DWP X2

Couldn't get the amount of helical I wanted until I tried the EZ Fletch Mini. I find the fusions 2.1 and blazer group together, imo, fusions are quieter.

04-Dec-10
Hey guys are the fusion vanes hard like the blazers or soft like arizona vanes Thnaks Shane

05-Dec-10
Thanks for the input guys. I am going to make the switch to Fusion vanes.

11-Dec-10

osiris's embedded Photo
osiris's embedded Photo
Fusions are stiffer but the base and blade are made of two different polymers so they adhere better and are more forgiving if there is contact. The base is very soft and pliable like a standard Duravane while the blade is stiff like many of today's short vanes. What Norway found was that the softer vanes tend to fold over (in shorter configurations) and don't steer as adequately with today's super-fast bows. Meanwhile, the harder polymers were tougher to get good adhesion with. Sooo they were able to meld two polymers together through their unique production process and the Fusion vane was born. Do yourself a favor and give them a try. We think you'll be impressed. PM me and I'll send you a sample pack to fletch a few arrows.

11-Dec-10

osiris's embedded Photo
osiris's embedded Photo
Woops- apparently that was CMYK- Trippy huh...

13-Dec-10
Matt,

From what I understand FF vanes still require the initial prep before gluing. They are great vanes but I agree this makes them a little less attractive to me.

13-Dec-10
JTV.........

I shoot GT arrows w/ Fusions as well. I prep my arrows like you do and thats it. No prep need on the fletching, just keep your fingers clean and avoid directly touching the base. I use the Loktite Control Gel with great results.

As for size..........I shoot 3 inch Fusions, but know guys using the 2 inch, higher profile. Either will work well, just use whatever gives you enough clearance.

13-Dec-10
I did extensive comparrisons between the 2" and 3" fusions with fixed heads, and found no difference in group sizes or POI. What I do now is keep both in stock and put the 2" vanes on for WB rests, and 3" vanes for drop aways(if they don't want feathers).

I will say however, that the "new" Blazers adhere as well as or better than the Fusions. Either one wroks great for WB users.

13-Dec-10
Another Fusion fan here for all the reason stated above.

I put them on CE Maxima shafts using the Blazer Helical Jig and AAE fast set glue. About 5 minutes per arrow.

Since switching from Blazers, I don't recall a single vane popping off from normal shooting, and the Fusions seem to retain their shape better.

GG

13-Dec-10
Shooting Fusions for third year through biscuit....like them alot.

14-Dec-10
Love the fusions. Can get better helical with them (use a bitzenburger) than blazers and they definately seem to adhere longer. I just like the shape better as well.

08-Feb-11
A few of you guys had PMed me about samples and I seem to have deleted my messages. Please send me a note again and I'll get your samples out. Sorry for any inconvenience. TK

08-Feb-11
Flex Fletch makes a prep called Zing, that you just brush on the vane prior to applying glue and it evaporates in 1 second. It works awesome and they vanes will not come off. They have a new 3" vane similar to the 3" Fusion called the SK-300, made for crossbows but works very well on regular arrows. I like them much better the the Fusions which are too stiff IMO.

• Sitka Gear