SlipShot 23-Jun-20
Beendare 23-Jun-20
tradi-doerr 23-Jun-20
Pop-r 24-Jun-20
Mule Power 24-Jun-20
Don K 24-Jun-20
Mule Power 24-Jun-20
10-Mar-11
Two companies in Colorado claim to produce the best wall tents made in America. Interesting that there are two companies with similair name selling similair products both in Denver. Anyone have any experience with either company? Is one better than the other? Thanks.

10-Mar-11
I have never been to Denver Tent, nor even heard of them before. But I have a wall tent from Davis Tent, they're good folks and elk hunters too. They carry more than just tents as well, such as paniers, etc.

This is the best time to buy one of their tents. They always have their "scratch and dent" sale about March every year. Nothing wrong with the sale tents, they'll tell you why each one is priced as such.

10-Mar-11
Have spent time in Davis tent, quality is great. They had a special at the expo in SLC that was excellent. I would have bought one but I am tent poor.

10-Mar-11
Don't forget about Reliable Tent Co. out of Montana, i have had one for about 7 years, they are great tents.

Kevin

10-Mar-11

Big Fin's embedded Photo
Big Fin's embedded Photo
I spend 50-60 days per year in a Denver Tent. Very impressed with the quality of both the frame and the canvas. The snap in floor is great.

10-Mar-11
I've owned a Davis Tent for 15yrs .. great tent, easy to set up with 1 person .. 20 min. 14x16. Has never leaked, strong in very heavy snow .. just a great tent. Would highly recommend them

10-Mar-11
Davis Tent seems to donate a tent to CBA for auction every year, including for the March 18 banquet. Come buy it at the banquet, or let us help you place a bid remotely.

A friend has one we use every year and it is an awesome product. Bomb proof.

Have not used a Denver Tent so can not compare for you.

10-Mar-11
Another happy Davis Tent user. And as KHunter said, they also support us.

10-Mar-11
Davis Tent is the best! I am embarrassed to tell this story, but I will. Last September I drove from Illinois to elk hunt in Northern New Mexico. After driving 25 hours we started to set up camp when I realized I forgot to pack the tent poles. Biggest bonehead move of my life! I called Davis and they cut new poles for my tent and sent someone to meet me half way. I was six hours from Denver. They didn't even laugh at me when I told them the story! Customer service doesn't get any better. Oh...the tent worked great also!

10-Mar-11
I got the tent from the CBA auction last year and it is great.

11-Mar-11
I bought a sale tent from Davis a few years ago. It has a mild Color difference ( two tone). No complaints best hunting investment I've made.

11-Mar-11
I have three Davis tents love them all. Can't go wrong there. they have a great website or did haven't been there lately wife banned me after the third tent.

11-Mar-11
I have had a Davis 14X16 for 5 years now and love it. This past January on a mule deer hunt we had 40 MPH sustained winds all night and gust to 60 mph. Had my Davis rain fiy on the tent also, had very little wind flap and the tent super stable. I would recommend a Davis tent any day of the week!

11-Mar-11
I've had my Davis tent for 15 years and the guy I bought it from used it for 8. No complaints. They do the repairs too at a reasonable cost.

11-Mar-11
Davis is the best - good prices, great customer service, great tents and they do alot with/for the RMEF and the Mule Deer foundation. Can't recommend them enough....

11-Mar-11

BBrown's embedded Photo
BBrown's embedded Photo
Here is a picture of my tipi tent from Davis Tent - I love this thing. Its 12' x 12' and set up in a couple of minutes. Rain, snow, wind its seen it all and still looks like it did day 1.

By the way, I have limited experience with Colorado Tent but their quality does not seem to be as good. We have had several tears/rips in a couple of the bigger wall tents but then again we are pretty hard on 'em.

22-Jun-20
Nice tipi, but I'd put the stove jack closer to center, spin the stove, and try and save some of that heat that's wasted in the pipe exterior of the tipi.

22-Jun-20

Hank_S's embedded Photo
Hank_S's embedded Photo
I've had a Davis tent for 10 + years, a 14 x 16 with an extended rain fly for a kitchen area...just fabulous in all weather conditions from heavy rain, snow or high winds. A great company to work with as I have had a couple of user induced repairs needed.

22-Jun-20
hunted with a buddy in Colorado 2 years ago, had basically same set up as above. Davis tent with extended rain fly. Easy setup and seemed like real good quality.

23-Jun-20
I love my Davis tent. I ripped the door, abuse on my part. Took it in for repair right before season. When I told him I was hoping to get it back for the trip, they made it a priority. Had if back in 2 days. No charge for the repair! I lived in the Denver area at that time. I have heard nothing but good about Colorado Tents as well. Either is a good choice.

23-Jun-20
If its quality fabric....there is not a huge difference between them.

The fabric matters though.....

23-Jun-20
I've owned both brands, currently own a Davis 10x12 w/internal frame, I personally think the Davis is better quality for the money, canvas is of high grade along with great craftsmanship. The Denver tent I had was a 10x12 but had a lesser quality fabric at about the same price a the Davis, to get the up graded fabric was $175 more. And you can't beat the customer service at Davis tent, top notch!!

24-Jun-20
Brad should know a lil something about this if he will weigh in.

24-Jun-20
I have i I owned them all through the course of outfitting. Davis, Colorado, Big Sky, Montana Canvas etc. I settled on the Wall Tent Shop. Best fabric and stitching I’ve seen. Double canvas on all wear points.... corners and entire ridge. Seat belt strapping with heavy d-rings sewn in on the eaves instead of grommets punch through the canvas. Thick sod cloth. Heavy duty zippers AND buckle straps. Choice of screened window or rear door for free. And free shipping fast! If you’ve never tried one you’ll never know.... best value in a wall tent in my opinion. I can more than vouch for the quality. You can compare prices for yourself.

24-Jun-20
Another satisfied Davis owner here. Great people to talk to, great tent

24-Jun-20

Mule Power's Link

• Sitka Gear