RD 28-Nov-18
drycreek 28-Nov-18
Moben 28-Nov-18
MathewsMan 28-Nov-18
MathewsMan 28-Nov-18
13-Jul-11
I have inherited a Wing Impact! bow. 60 lbs pull, 28"

It is in perfect condition.

Can anyone tell me anything about the bow?

There is a licensed under Allen and AMF markings on it. Of the pictures I can find on the net, it's the hunter. I am guessing it's about a 33-50% letoff based on the fact that there are two round pulleys, not real cams so to speak.

I'm looking for quality of bow, personal experience, value, etc..

14-Jul-11

WapitiBob's embedded Photo
WapitiBob's embedded Photo
You mean one of these?

14-Jul-11

scythefwd's Link
Nope, I mean one of these...

14-Jul-11
that's their old 2 wheeler, early 80's model.

14-Jul-11
Were they know as good bows for the time, ok, crap even back then, etc?

14-Jul-11
There was a lot better bows back then. I thing I remember most people saying was the wheels twisted when moving back and forth.

14-Jul-11
Their recurves were top of the line and is what they were known for. I don't think their compounds really ever got going/sold well.

Are you planning to shoot the bow, or sell it?

If shooting it you will be disappointed compared to current bows, but it is a neat trip down Nostalgia Lane, if you are looking for that.

If you are selling it I don't think it will bring a very high price. It isn't one of the top-end compounds they made and isn't a collectors item.

14-Jul-11
the original, wide 2 wheel bows all had limb tip lean but world records were set non the less.

They then grooved the wheels to move the takeup side closer to the string, helping some. Jennings then came out with the narrow wheels and cable guard.

The bow will shoot fine.

15-Jul-11
MNR - I do plan on shooting it, but I don't shoot for score OR hunt with bows so I'll get a kick out of it anyways. If I get serious about scores, I'll go pick up the Kodiak Special I have or the sudberry bow my grandpa took championships with. I know it isn't a Z7 (I didn't even feel the release on that... NICE), but it'll be a range toy to learn instinctive shooting.

I actually got rid of a modern Bear compound to make room for the 3, so far, bows I got. One was the wing mentioned above. The other two are a Kodiak Special, 44lbs, 66" and an unmarked 33lb at 27" 62" bow. Both of the recurves are VERY smooth shooters and I expect to be able to hit what I am aiming for. I am looking for OLD sights to complete two of the bows though. The kodiak already has a single pin mounted on the riser.

27-Nov-18
It has the best feeling handle of any bow made barnone

27-Nov-18
I had a Wing Presentation Hunter and it was a sweet compound shooter.

28-Nov-18
I had one and shot a deer with it the first day I hunted with it. I couldn't get it quiet enough for me, the only way it was half way quiet was too crank the limbs down tight and then it pulled 88#.

28-Nov-18
Wing had a plant right close to me in Jacksonville, Texas for several years. I even had a childhood friend who worked there for a while. As I remember that was in the late 60s and early 70s. I have a Red Wing Hunter recurve and it's a nice bow and well made. I should shoot it more.........

28-Nov-18
Ordered one when they first came out. If I remember correctly the limb pockets tended to move and made a strange noise. Took them off and greased them up. traded for a Jennings Shooting Star and never looked back.

28-Nov-18

MathewsMan's embedded Photo
I obtained an AMF Wing recurve that I put diamond back rattler shins on and refinished. It’s a smooth shooter and I killed my personal best deer with it

28-Nov-18

• Sitka Gear