PECO 14-Nov-17
carcus 14-Nov-17
Beendare 14-Nov-17
APauls 14-Nov-17
Glunker 14-Nov-17
midwest 14-Nov-17
Dyjack 14-Nov-17
01-Feb-13
Has anyone checked out the new Toxic Broadhead. I just checked t out on Youtube. Looks nasty and could do some serious damage. What do you all think...

01-Feb-13
Can it be sharpened?

01-Feb-13
I think it would be pretty bada$$ if you were hunting milkjugs.

01-Feb-13
Looks like 3 apple corers stuck on a field point. May be good for hunting post apocalyptic zombies in a video game but, in real life I personally wouldn't shoot a single living thing with it.

02-Feb-13
I think I seen a picture of this head and it looked to me like the outer ends of the circular blades were open so they could expand out straight. That would make it a 6 blade cut.

25-Mar-13
Seen it in the New Eastman's Bowhunting mag, Looked up the web site just to see if there were any entry and exit hole pic's. He was also the past owner of Trophy Ridge, so him must have some knowledge. To me the tip looks kind of blunt for it.

25-Mar-13
Like a lot of things, it looks good on paper. What happens when it hits a rib? Looks like it would cut a nasty hole in a perfect world.

25-Mar-13
New design of an old idea. Isn't anybody old enough to remember the old "apple corer" broadhead that was sold back in the early 80's. Dumb idea with lousy penetration.

25-Mar-13
Some of us were in kindergarten in 1980.

Blame my parents not me!!!8^)

25-Mar-13

wildwilderness's embedded Photo
wildwilderness's embedded Photo
here is a pic.

very different. Says its from the guy who owned rocket broadheads and trophy ridge.

25-Mar-13
Shoot'em in the core!

25-Mar-13
A lot of what we use today is "diffident " then what the norm at one time....I wouldn't be too quick to discount it but it seems too have features that we dont normally associate with successful heads currently being used and of proven designs. Sure would be nice if the company had some real world results on the site rather then milk jugs....

25-Mar-13
I would assume the maker has a passion for archery just like us. He has spent time and money to give us another option in broadheads and I am happy to have it.

25-Mar-13
Yeah im sure he has a passion for archery.

He also has a passion for making money and a gimmicky broadhead is a sure bet these days.

25-Mar-13
I think that they are finally at the bottom of the creativity barrell. They should have just called "The Gimmick" Next thing ya know there will be a Zombie broadhead out...

26-Mar-13
this is a bit different than the old Serpentine head. That head had a closed blade loop, this one doesn't. Interesting. I would like to see it shot into the side of a dead cow and see how it performs.

26-Mar-13
-performance on game yet to be proven-BUT-i just bought a package cuz i like to tinker with broadheads-29" carbon express"red",bowtech insanity cpxl,limbdriver pro-v,-arrow flight is SPECTACULAR!!!-ABSOLUTELY perfect.-but i agree-seems kinda "gimmicky"-gonna try em on nebraska speedgoats this fall-shot a jackrabbit the other day with one-i know,i know,-but it ruined that poor critter VERY quickly!!

26-Mar-13
might be a good turkey head

27-Mar-13
Ill wait to see how it performs on the real deal broadhead test this year on the archery talk forum. That guy does a great job on testing and rating all the broadheads.

27-Mar-13
probably a good turkey head, not sure how well fur may affect it, also whats the OD, ?

27-Mar-13
A head does more damage the further it penetrates. I see penetration issues with that head. I wouldn't waste any money to try it out either, not even on turkeys.

16-Apr-13
I wouldn't want to contaminate my meat with toxins if you know what I'm say'n :)

14-Jun-16
I tested them as I love to tinker with BH's and they had there issues and were close to last among my test subjects. I was hopeful they would do well but they couldn't compete.

14-Jun-16
Unless used for small game and then why, this head has not place in a hunting quiver. I let one hunter on my property try it, he hit a doe broadside behind the should halfway up/down with a 70# compound and got 5 inches of penetration. He was embarrassed and I was not surprised.

14-Jun-16
It's illegal in Colorado, and for good reason.

14-Jun-16
From the Colorado Parks and Wildlife 2016 brochure page 16.

Last sentence in subsection a: "Each cutting edge must be in same plane for entire length of cutting surface.

14-Jun-16
I would not buy them.

14-Jun-16

Purdue's embedded Photo
Purdue's embedded Photo

14-Jun-16
I talked to a guy who said his friend killed a few deer with them. He said massive hole and lots of blood. I asked about exit wound. He said no pass through. Enough for me to confirm what I already thought to be a bad design and had no intention of using anyway.

15-Jun-16
they really mess up a black block,,,theres a moose video with a toxic used,it did a number on him,the red stuff just pours out MikeC

15-Jun-16
This is why its illegal in Colorado:

From the Colorado Regulations:

a. Hand-held bows, including compound bows, must use arrows with a broadhead having a minimum 7/8-inch outside diameter or width and minimum of two steel cutting edges. EACH CUTTING EDGE MUST BE IN SAME PLANE FOR ENTIRE LENGTH OF CUTTING SURFACE.

this would also apply to the other "helical" blade designs like the crimson talon.

15-Jun-16
IDK about equal damage comparable to a traditional 3blade bh. There seems to be a lot more cutting edge on the toxic. I also see it very hard for coagulation to ensue after the cookie cutter effect of the toxic. They def have the cool/wow factor but the majority bowsiters can see its obvious impracticality.

If this world were free of physics and the toxics penetration performed equal to that of a reg bh I think they would be hard to out do, but this is a real worold and there is always a give and take... toxics lean way too far in the wrong direction.

15-Jun-16
The more vains and vessels cut the more blood! cant debate that MikeC..I still use muzzy 4 blades

15-Jun-16
Problem with them is the problem with a lot of the gimmicky heads, no exit hole. This is even more of a problem from steep angled from a tree stand where blood has to work up and out. Give me well tuned bow and a coc 3 blade anytime. Shawn

15-Jun-16
Problem with them is the problem with a lot of the gimmicky heads, no exit hole. This is even more of a problem from steep angled from a tree stand where blood has to work up and out. Give me well tuned bow and a coc 3 blade anytime. Shawn

13-Nov-17
Nailed a 5x4 whitetail 10 inches behind shoulder angling away. Toxic only penetrated about 8 inches. Buck went for about 1/2 mile in rough country before his chest cavity filled with blood and he finally died. Hardly any blood to follow in snow. Will never use these heads again. Totally disappointed. Live and learn.

13-Nov-17
In my opinion, junk. By far the worst preforming broadhead I have see. the loops filled with black bear hair and pushed its way through not cutting a thing. I won't let them be used here except for maybe on deer.

13-Nov-17
The whole point of that head is that it looks like the international symbol for a biohazard. No functional purpose; pure cosmetics.

And guess what? If you cut the same vessel twice, it doesn’t bleed any more than if you cut it once.

But an entry AND an exit will bleed more than only an entrance wound 99 44/100% of the time...

13-Nov-17
It's funny - the last time this thread resurfaced, I was thinking, 'these broadheads suck so bad that this thread was dug up,' and here it was dug up again.

14-Nov-17
My nephew used them last year. He shot a buck at 20 yards from a treestand, with a crossbow, good entry hole, no pass through. This year he switched to Muzzy, shot a bigger buck, pass through and short tracking job.

14-Nov-17
You couldn't give me these heads I would junk them, should be illegal

14-Nov-17
Its pretty obvious what they are doing. Its the whole, "Sell the lure to the fisherman" thing. ...they just have to LOOK like they will catch fish. Toxic is trying to get that, 'Those look nasty" thought out of a buyer.

They get away with this design since just about anything sharp works on the end of a whitetail arrow. Pretty strong testament to the bow and arrow I say.

This design puts a lot of blade edge on the hide/ribs pushing its way in. Its no wonder it doesn't penetrate well.

14-Nov-17
You can give them to me, I'd shoot rabbits, or coyotes with em :)

14-Nov-17
Pure junk. Remember, probably not, when outfitters refused to let hunters use the old 70's wasp with the bullet point shaped tip. The toxic is worse yet. There should be a recall of the heads.

14-Nov-17
I use them to make meat noodles!

14-Nov-17
Haha I was wondering why the same dude had another toxic thread started. Thought it was advertisement. Didn't realize it was brought back.

• Sitka Gear