WVarcher 21-Aug-13
Trooper500 21-Aug-13
ridgerunnerron 21-Aug-13
TexasDan 15-Dec-16
Salt 15-Dec-16
txhunter58 15-Dec-16
WIhunter86 21-Sep-22
20-Aug-13
Anyone hunt elk at Circle K Ranch in CO ? They are offering some good deals on do-it-yourself hunts from cabins on the property.

21-Aug-13
lots of hunters.

lots and lots of hunters.

21-Aug-13
I went there in 2011, pm me and I will give you some important details. Wvarcher

21-Aug-13
WV: Any chance you can share your experience? Interested in hearing about them.

21-Aug-13
If discussing in PM I'd take that as info he doesn't want shared globally..... Draw yer own conclusions.

21-Aug-13
They hunt very crowded public lands. Their maps they give you used to be bad photo copies of topo maps. There are tons of roads in the area. A man we ran into showed us a drop camp location. If he was correct it was 6 miles from their ranch by horse but only 1/2 mile from the end of a good gravel road.

When we went we would camp next door at Priest Gulch and drive from there to hunt. It has been a few years so maybe things have changed but given the easy access to the area and crowds I can't imagine it being much different.

21-Aug-13
Lots of hunters, lots of cattle, he will send multiple groups into same area, I ended up hunting lizard head and actually got into some elk, but couldn't close the deal! He told me to stay out of priest gulch because he had 2 drop camps set up... They were about 1/2 mile apart! Wvarcher

21-Aug-13
How do these clowns stay in business???

21-Aug-13
Interesting that the testimonials on their website mostly talk about the accommodations and the food....

21-Aug-13
Dinner is served at sunset, I'm still hunting at that time, although I did eat one evening and food was good. Cabins aren't bad, just too many hunters. You can camp roadside and it would be alot cheaper. Wvarcher

21-Aug-13
Thanks for info...Much appreciated..Checking into another area..

21-Aug-13
I agree w/ midwest

15-Dec-16
Horrible experience. Overbooked hunters, but still took our money, and then shafted us on horses & guides. The terrain was awesome, even though the temps weren't cold enough, we still got to hear/see bulls. So I highly recommend hunting Colorado Elk, but spend the extra money to go with a quality outfitter, not these crooks. The old man running the place is a crotchety old jerk who only wants your money and will then treat y'all like you're bothersome to them. Food was good, well prepared daily. Look up the owners name in court records and see how many people he currently owes for cheating them out of money too. You'll see my point.

15-Dec-16
I rented one of his cabins for 3 or 4 years . Cabins were expensive. We hunted on our own. Killed two bulls there , lots of other hunters and not that many elk. No desire to go back.

15-Dec-16
I agree with lots of hunters and crowded hunting areas, but there are places in the area to get away from crowds. I had a different experience with them. I have stayed there in the summer with my family and hunted with him (no elk killed). But I thought they were hard working, honest people.

21-Sep-22
Any updated reviews of this outfitter?

• Sitka Gear