Yttails 25-Sep-13
Buffalo1 25-Sep-13
Grunt-N-Gobble 26-Sep-13
willliamtell 26-Sep-13
wild1 26-Sep-13
goldy2416 27-Sep-13
caller79065 27-Sep-13
04-Sep-13
I currently shoot the grizz trick 2 ( mainly because this type was on sale) They shoot good, but I was just wondering some if the other types of slicks tricks out there. Any of be models stand out for deer hunting? The grizz tricks I shoot are accurate, but I was curious about trying the vipor or magnum. If there isn't much difference ill just stick with what I have... Huge holes :) Thanks guys

05-Sep-13
When I shoot them, it's the ST Standard...

If what you are using works, keep on using them, no need to change. For wh deer whether you are in the Midwest or COl, it won't matter.

05-Sep-13
I have the 125 magnums and they are flying great. I tune my bow and verify accuracy out to 50 yards.

05-Sep-13
I shot the mags for deer for years but have switched to the Grizztricks for a bit bigger hole. Same great flight but a tad larger hole. For deer they are the perfect head.

05-Sep-13
Vipertricks are my favorite. Very tough and I think the most accurate of all of them although they're pretty close.

05-Sep-13
I've mostly shot the Magnums,tried the razortricks for a season and this year I'm shooting the Grizztricks. All are extremely accurate and deadly. Best fixed broadheads out there IMO.

05-Sep-13
I've used mags, standards, and razors. All animals died.

05-Sep-13
I shoot both the Standards and Grizz Trick 2's. If I were you I would stick with the Grizz's. If you really want to try a different head in their line up, I would look at the Standard or Viper. The Magnum is a great head as well, but I think its too close to what you are already shooting.

05-Sep-13
I think the viper trick is one of the best heads out there and is what I shoot.

05-Sep-13
Viper trick for me. I once had a major deflection off the ribcage with the standards, so I prefer the less severe blade angle of the viper trick. All good heads though.

05-Sep-13
I shoot both the Magnum's and the Grizz Tricks and really like them both.

05-Sep-13
Standard 100gr works great for me. Recovery distance has been 30 yards or less since I started using them.

05-Sep-13
I've always shot the Magnum 125 (with good results), but this past August I shot a bear with the Grizztrick and was really impressed, the wound channel was huge.....I might use it for deer hunting now.

05-Sep-13
Put the arrow where it needs to be and all will end up with animal dead in short order. If you have money buring a hole in your pocket, buy whichever one you think looks the coolest.

25-Sep-13
Have tried Standards, Griz, and Viper. The Viper is my # 1 but they are all good .

25-Sep-13

PaLongshank's embedded Photo
Have been shooting the 100gr Mags for 4 yrs now with great success on whitetails, turkey, antelope, and Mule deer...great head (accurate, tough, sharp, and great holes)....enough said!

25-Sep-13

Have been shooting the 100gr Mags for 4 yrs now with great success on whitetails, turkey, antelope, and Mule deer...great head (accurate, tough, sharp, and great holes)....enough said!

25-Sep-13
Just shot a nice mule deer with the Viper and couldn't believe the hole, blood and damage it created. My first time using it but I won't be changing heads anytime soon. I'm very pleased with the Viper.

25-Sep-13
Animals don't care what kills em <------<<<

25-Sep-13
They all work great. I enjoyed using the 100grn mag's for several years and still have one in the quiver for when I hunt in the blind with shoot through mesh.

25-Sep-13
I have been using the 125 gr Standard since 2009. They recommended to my by Gary Cooper. They have never disappointed me.

It's kinda hard to find a ST that doesn't perform well. Just a good, all round, solid BH.

25-Sep-13
Killed my elk this year with a 125 mag. Elk was dead in about 30 seconds. It makes a huge hole. I saw another elk killed with a 125 mag and it was timed this time, 45 seconds and it was dead. I was thinking of shooting the viper tricks myself but why fix something thats not broken? LOL

25-Sep-13

Mike D's embedded Photo
Mike D's embedded Photo
Slick Trick Magnum 125's this morning! One went 20 yards and the other went 40!

25-Sep-13
Nice shoot'n Mike!

25-Sep-13
Mike D,

That's some nice shot placement. Congrats

26-Sep-13
Stick with what you have if they are shooting good for you. Unless the $$ is burning a hole in your pocket.

I have the original GrizzTricks and they shoot great for me also, but I also use the 125gr Mags. The Grizz's just make a bigger hole.

26-Sep-13
Agree with above posts, but something nobody has mentioned is they sharpen up great. Just pop the razors out and give them some swipes on the diamond stone, boom good to go.

26-Sep-13
I've always used the ST 125 magnum with deadly results - no complaints. This fall I tried the Grizztrick for my bear hunt, and boy does that thing leave a huge, devastating hole - I might use it for deer hunting.

27-Sep-13
Your job as a bowhunter is to get a razor sharp broadhead into the vitals of whatever animal you are hunting. If the griz tricks are flying well, you should be very happy- it is a great broadhead for deer and larger.

I have used the cut on contact ST razor tricks on larger animals- bear, moose, and elk, and have had excellent results.

27-Sep-13
I had a friends 11 yr old daughter shoot a big bodied 5x4 bull elk at 40 yards with a 470 gr arrow tipped with a Viper trick last weekend. Slightly quartering, and the arrow nicked a rib and exited by the liver. It was not recovered as it ended up in a high grass area. She was pulling under 40 lbs. I haven't used them personally, as I use thunderheads, but I will probably give them a try.

• Sitka Gear