frogdipper 15-Jan-14
76aggie 04-Feb-14
Swampbuck 04-Feb-14
dnovo 04-Feb-14
Buffalo1 04-Feb-14
13-Jan-14

TurkeyBowMaster's embedded Photo
At one point of my life I spent about 1/6 of my life sitting in a stand. Out of 5 loc ons, these two emerged as favorites. It would amaze you how many deer died from these two stands.

13-Jan-14

PS II never did it for me like the lem.

13-Jan-14
I have two Loc On's also, still use them. The bigger one was called the Lem and the smaller which weighs 5 lbs and can fit in my backpack was called wind walker or something like that. awesome stands.

13-Jan-14

I hang my life on frazzeled and worn out stuff. My treestand rope could use replacing too.

13-Jan-14
four of my five are lock on spirits or super spirits and i use the chain models vs rope.

as you get older though those seats become real ass-breakers. I am going to phase them out for something with a higher more normal seat. lot of hours spent in those stands though and a good number of deer and bear killed from them.

13-Jan-14
couple of knots and your good for another 5 years....toughen up.

13-Jan-14
got three spirits, a plastic lem, and a limit in my shed. I use chains on the spirits, just always felt safer and they dont rot like those old ropes... scary.

My ass hurts just thinking about those stands, not sure why I have not sold them.

13-Jan-14

A good thing about these is if you have good accuracy and your thrust is just right, you can perform a bm without shifting over...going heavy on the Tabasco sauce will take off the paint.

13-Jan-14
Wayyy more info than we needed TBM !

13-Jan-14
I miss the days of standing up for 3 hours, recurve in hand, fingers on the string...hunting thick cover...ready for a 2 second opportunity. That's hunting.

14-Jan-14
I became a dealer for Loc-on back in the mid-90s so I could buy the LEM for $50. I've got a bunch of'em. I don't sit them as much anymore as the seat is low and with a knee issue it makes getting into a standing position creaky.

14-Jan-14
The Loc-On "HiStyle" was the most comfortable stand they made, imo. I have 3 and use them every season. It was adapted from a stand called the "Cast-a-Pult", which I believe was designed and built in limited numbers by an individual who sold out to Loc-On. I have one of those too, and still use it........with new cables, bolts and straps of course.

14-Jan-14
Has anyone ever tried to modify these seats? If yes what did you do?

15-Jan-14
I had 4 loc-ons, two were the style with the poly platforms and chains, I think they were called LEM,s. They both developed a squeak that I never could isolate...seemed to come from the connection between the aluminum bars under the poly platform touching the poly. And the seats were truly ass busters. I first put foam around the forward seat bar, and eventually came up with a thick foam pad that fit over the entire seat.

The other two were smaller, lighter weight models with steel mesh platforms and ropes for hanging...for those long walk-ins. They were pretty comfy for their size and were quieter than their poly platform cousins.

15-Jan-14
I had 4 loc-ons, two were the style with the poly platforms and chains, I think they were called LEM,s. They both developed a squeak that I never could isolate...seemed to come from the connection between the aluminum bars under the poly platform touching the poly. And the seats were truly ass busters. I first put foam around the forward seat bar, and eventually came up with a thick foam pad that fit over the entire seat.

The other two were smaller, lighter weight models with steel mesh platforms and ropes for hanging...for those long walk-ins. They were pretty comfy for their size and were quieter than their poly platform cousins.

I eventually put a permanently fixed foam padded board on the seat to replace those cloth fold-out deals...it was permanently fixed on there so the seat would not fold all the way up, but the stand was still very back-packable, with a new built in shelf to put a small pack on while packing in.

04-Feb-14
The pic of the Loc On on the left made me smile. Still have one just like it and can't believe the old realtree grey seats are still intact. I just wish the seat was a little higher.

04-Feb-14
I had one, I felt like a gargoyle perched up in the tree with my knees against my chest, that is until my legs went numb from that darn seat. Ahh memories.

04-Feb-14
I have 2 of the Spirits or Limits. I don't know which is which any more. But they are my favorite stands. One of them is about 10 years older than the other and they have different seat heights. I bought a replacement seat for the lower one a couple years ago and it raised the seat height to be more comfortable. Too bad Loc-On just closed the doors.

04-Feb-14

Buffalo1's embedded Photo
Buffalo1's embedded Photo
My favorite brand tree stand is Millennium brand. My favorite is the loc-on model, M-25.

Millennium Tree Stands is a Mississippi company that is nationally known. They make a well thought out, light weight, dangerously relaxing comfortable, safe, quiet stands.

They are not the cheapest stands on the market, but are well worth the money. They also offer good customer service, if needed.

• Sitka Gear