Brian M. 28-Jan-15
Brian M. 28-Jan-15
jcurri 28-Jan-15
motorhead7963 28-Jan-15
jcurri 29-Jan-15
19-Jan-14

cityhunter's embedded Photo
Ok seasons are over !! get off them couches and chase the yotes around ! What better way to give back to wildlife then take down a few yotes !!!

19-Jan-14
Nice job.

Yes yotes are fun and sometime frustrating to hunt.

19-Jan-14
Congrats Louis!!!!!! Coyotes with a bow are very rewarding.

19-Jan-14

sureshot's embedded Photo
Got one this morning

19-Jan-14

This one was last weekend. I try to get out at least one morning every weekend for a set or two.

19-Jan-14
My buddy and I picked up our yote permits today. Season runs till end of March. We are going at it with our MZ

19-Jan-14
Nice work... Ed F

19-Jan-14
Did you win that Yote tag in an auction?

22-Jan-14
I love this thread each winter. Let's see some Wolves too!

22-Jan-14

#1BEAR's embedded Photo
#1BEAR's embedded Photo
No wolves this year, but did put a wire around this yote's neck! LOVE getting rid of the predators....

22-Jan-14

M.Pauls's embedded Photo
M.Pauls's embedded Photo
Cranked this wolf in December, although it is a rifle kill.

22-Jan-14
Dang Pat, I can't believe you would put such an uncouth thing on the Bowsite. That's worst than a live coyote in a leg trap. lol mike (but awesome)

22-Jan-14

jcurri's embedded Photo
jcurri's embedded Photo
I cheated and used a shotgun but I also had my 11, 10 and 7 year olds with me. That coyote was obviously deaf and blind.

23-Jan-14
the scariest thing about this whole post is now Pats boy is 15 years old! man, it wasn't long ago he was just a little tike in oversized camo tagging along with this site, now hes a young man. im getting old.

if all goes well in the next 2 days finishing my basement ill be heading out early next week for a weeklong coyote trapping trip, hopefully some good pictures pending...

michael

23-Jan-14
last night I watched a special on coywolfs / coyotes on a public station ,, they were doing research in very urban areas most interesting how the coyotes does so well among humans ,, how most folks have no clue they are even around them .. It seems a losing battle to control these critters , more u kill the bigger there litters can become !! Up in Canada they showed a large coywolf just sitting there watching the kids paly ball everyday .. I bet that coywolf is just trying to figure out how he can make a kill !!!

23-Jan-14
mn_archer- I was thinking exactly the same. Looks like he almost has a beard:)

23-Jan-14

we managed two with the bow with the help of the FoxPro ,, we didn't invest much time maybe a few hours total ,, we had a nice double come in but they were past my effective arrow range of 200 yards ...lol Southern Az is a predator hunters dream !!!!

23-Jan-14
LOVE THAT HEAD SHOT!!!

26-Jan-14
city

nice......I'd take a 200 yarder at yote any day......my slider goes to 120 (vanes hit the sight past that) ....stack'em from there... they won't die if you don't shoot...I killed one last fall with a .17 HMR @ 180......probably had just as good of a chance with my bow.

I don't care what I have with me.....if I see a yote, I'm sending one his way.

26-Jan-14

MTcountryboy Im with u I have a lot of respect for the coyote!!!! natures ultimate survivor, but I love shooting at them and trying to kill them ,at the same time ,coyotes have a place in our ecosystem but its up to us to control that place !!!!!

I devote this thread in memory of the devil dog below HAHAHAHAH talk about tough !!

26-Jan-14
I killed one 297 yards with my old 6mm propped up on a rickety medal fence post. I know that might not be impressive to a hard core rifle shooter, but it was unbelievable to me. I never even practice with a gun and never in my life practice a shot like that.

26-Jan-14

D.Victoria's embedded Photo
D.Victoria's embedded Photo
8mm magnum at 40yds

26-Jan-14
I killed one 297 yards with my old 6mm propped up on a rickety medal fence post. I know that might not be impressive to a hard core rifle shooter, but it was unbelievable to me. I never even practice with a gun and never in my life practice a shot like that.

27-Jan-14

snapcrackpop's embedded Photo
Our first!

Snare.

27-Jan-14
I spotted one this evening ! didn't have time to hunt him , but I have his number ,, he dosnet know it but hes a dead walking coyote !!!!

30-Jan-14

Another view.

30-Jan-14

Schmitty78's embedded Photo
Schmitty78's embedded Photo
I'm a huge fan of getting rid of those predators too! Haven't had much luck with the fox pro, but the trap line is active! Wish our trapping season didn't end tomorrow but I'll keep trying with the call.

22-Jun-14

Hoytbowman's embedded Photo
Hoytbowman's embedded Photo

24-Jan-15

Greg Kush's Link
Calling in a coyote to bow range is intense! (story and more pics at link)

photo GregCoyoteJanuary15A_zps0f6d9d72.jpg

24-Jan-15

drycreek's embedded Photo
drycreek's embedded Photo
This one was unlucky. His brother ( cousin ? ) got into the brush after I shot him, but he's dead too, 'cause I saw the buzzards fly up today.

24-Jan-15

CJE's embedded Photo
CJE's embedded Photo

24-Jan-15
This is an old thread, but we might as well keep it going.

Got 21 so far off the snare line, including this one missing a rear wheel.

25-Jan-15
I knew it was an old thread, but when I did a search I wasn't finding the more current one. I just decided to resurrect this one.

Any signs of why that coyote's leg was missing?

25-Jan-15
cool pics

25-Jan-15
You gotta respect a predator that can survive and adapt with only three legs. Love them or hate they are a survivor.

25-Jan-15
spike78, I agree they are amazingly durable animals. I don't love or hate them, I just know their numbers need to be controlled like any other species.

Greg Kush, no the leg was missing starting about halfway down the femur, and was healed up clean. Otherwise he looked healthy with a nice pelt. It's anybody's guess what might have happened. Might've been shot.

A few days later I caught yet another one with a bum leg, pic below. His left rear leg was mangled and drawn up tight to the hip.

I don't know of anybody hunting yotes around here, but I think these dogs have huge territories. They could've been shot 5-10 miles from here. Or hit on the highway.

25-Jan-15

TurkeyBowMaster's embedded Photo
TurkeyBowMaster's embedded Photo
A slick summertime Alabama yote. The 6mm loaded with 58gr blister tips will put some serious stank on em.

25-Jan-15
jtv they will move when food source gets low. sometime just a few miles but they will be back happens a lot where I live good coyote population then there gone but in a couple years seems they come back.

25-Jan-15
A 58 grain in a 6mm? Hows the 6 compared to 243? Looks like no pelt damage either. Nice.

25-Jan-15
A6mm and a .243 are basically the same. Good coyote rounds for good coyotes !

25-Jan-15

motorhead7963's embedded Photo
motorhead7963's embedded Photo
Man I thought this was an ARCHERY SITE. you guys are killing me I've been killin em for years with a gun, come on and Man up do it with a BOW. (LOL) Heres an example.....

28-Jan-15
If you are serious about thinning them out, use a gun. You will kill a lot more. By late season here in KS, you are lucky to call them into 200 yards in some areas.

28-Jan-15
Up to 23 now on the snare line here at my farm. Much slower going lately, but that was exactly the plan.

28-Jan-15

SJJ's embedded Photo
SJJ's embedded Photo

28-Jan-15

SJJ's embedded Photo
SJJ's embedded Photo

28-Jan-15
Yes, 6mm is basically the same as 243...slightly more case, bullet the same. The 58 gr barnes hollow point and the ballistic tips worked great coming out of the barrel at 3950. I never got an exit hole even on small grey fox which are the size of a medium size house cat. Killed one coyote at 297 yards. I'm not a gun guru and would rather shoot stuff with a bow but sometimes the coyote problems make me get the 6 out and mash a couple.

28-Jan-15

Brian M. 's embedded Photo
Didn't do as well as had hoped, but my trapping partner and I got four.

28-Jan-15

28-Jan-15

28-Jan-15

All in CT

28-Jan-15

jcurri's embedded Photo
jcurri's embedded Photo
Cottontail in distress call brought this one in.

28-Jan-15
Nice Hamblaster! now were getting back on track.

29-Jan-15
My tribute to TBM

• Sitka Gear