Jpayne 15-Sep-19
Swampbuck 22-Nov-19
Notme 22-Nov-19
KHNC 22-Nov-19
ELKMAN 22-Nov-19
Franklin 22-Nov-19
Swampbuck 22-Nov-19
15-Apr-14
Shooting CX 350's and the nocturnals are real loose. if I nock an arrow and decide to take it off the string, the nock comes off. They twist real easy on the arrow too. Shot a pig with one and found the nock on the ground and the arrow still in the pig. Anybody else have this problem? Anybody have a fix?

15-Apr-14
I have some on my maxima 350 n they are tight-- I assume u match the arrow type with correct nocturnal type like they show on package ??????

15-Apr-14
I have the same issue when using them on my Easton Axis arrows. I like how the Nocturnals work but not impressed with their fit.

15-Apr-14
Mine (X-Nock) are tight in my Beman MFX and I thought the MFX and Axis are pretty much the same arrow....

15-Apr-14
I have the GT Nocturnals and they fit loose on my GoldTips! Proshop said to wind a little dental floss on the lower plastic part of the nock. Haven't tried it yet. If that affects my POI I will switch to Firenocks.

15-Apr-14
Im shooting maxima 350's and use the 'standard' nock - loose as a goose.

I, too like the way they work because I use nock collars and luminoc's don't work with them.

I might try the dental floss thing. I was thinking of using a little spray polyurethane on them to increase the diameter and for adhesion.

keep em coming.

15-Apr-14

KS Flatlander's Link
Years ago my Nocturnals fit great and were a great product. About the time Rage bought the company mine began to fit loose and at times would stay on the string after a shot.

I went to the TGB nock which closely resembles the Nocturnal however has a very tight fit and never looked back. They are also about half price!

15-Apr-14
Mine fit fine in my Bone collector beemans, but a trick we used to use to tighten up nocks is to put a walmart plastic bag over the nock hole and push the nock thru it and cut off the excess. Works well most of the time.

15-Apr-14
FYI, make sure they fit just right on your serving, if they are sloppy at all good chance of them breaking on the shot- yes I've broke a couple.

15-Apr-14
Why does TGB give you 'extra' clear nocks? Do their nocks weigh appreciably more and throw off POI?

15-Apr-14
The plastic bag trick is the solution. Use as many layers as needed for a proper fit, usually one or two layers works fine.

15-Apr-14
"Because why would you need a lighted nock to practice with?"

To check arrow flight. Granted, it's not needed all the time, but everyone has other nocks to use.

15-Apr-14
I had some Nocturnal's for my Gold Tips and all but one fell off the arrow during the shot. Not impressed, so I went back to Lumenocks.

15-Apr-14
I have had the same problem and posted back in January about seeing what I thought was a good hit only to find out that it was just my Nocturnal that hit the deer. I went back this spring and found my arrow without the Nocturnal. It was laying in perfect alignment where I made the shot. I am guessing that was due to the Nocturnal fitting loosely into the arrow.

I like the pastil bag trick. Has anyone ever used a touch of glue?

16-Apr-14
JB, I have used a tiny bit of the old Fletch Tite before I learned the plastic bag method from a "tip" by Lancaster Archery.

No need for glue if you use a layer or two of plastic carefully to get just the right amount of tension. It's a solution that has no downside that I know of.

I have not tried the dental floss trick, but it sounds good too.

16-Apr-14
I've also encountered this same problem especially in real cold weather - they seem to get looser. You can also remedy this with a couple wraps of plumbers Teflon tape they use to wrap pipe threads. Works great!

16-Apr-14
Dental floss here too. But, I like the plastic bag idea which may be a little simpler.

13-Sep-19
I used a touch of bowstring wax and it seems to work pretty well, I'll have to try the plastic bag. -Jeff

13-Sep-19
try using scotch tape around the nock.

13-Sep-19
Why not just glue the dam thing on?

13-Sep-19
I did not read many posts but a baggy or a Wally World bag does the trick. Place bag over end push in nock and trim with razor blade. You can than turn them to align nock how ya want. Shawn

14-Sep-19
I had just picked up a pack of "s" for my GT hunter XT. Put them in and was not happy with the fit. Quick search brought me here. I don't want to glue them in so I have the ability to easily remove if I need to. -Jeff

14-Sep-19
Scotch tape or plumbers tape

15-Sep-19
I am wondering if I got an old pack, I wish I had the pack now. It clearly had "Gold Tip Hunter XT" On the pack. -Jeff

22-Nov-19
I was putting together 2 dozen new arrows. Bought 2-12 packs of bohning signature nocks. One box fit perfectly, the other box had several that were a little loose. I’ve used the tef-tape trick in the past, but that bag trick was a whole lot faster and worked fine

22-Nov-19
Plastic bag or thicker garbage bag over the shaft then push in the nock

22-Nov-19
Firenock is the solution. They make the best nocks in the industry, not just the lighted part. Their nocks are superior to ANY other nocks as far as fit and performance. I know they are more expensive, but they work as advertised on the lighted nock and the nock fit.

22-Nov-19
Plastic wrap

22-Nov-19
Why would anyone use a product that requires using a plastic bag to get it to work....is it just me or is this absolutely crazy.

"Here`s your nocs but you have to put a condom on the shaft to get the correct fit".....lol

22-Nov-19
I guess that’s what happens when things are mass produced and no quality control. Bohning suggests to use tef-tape if nocks are loose. A piece of plastic coming out of a mold, there’s going to be some +/- there. Like I said, a box and a half fit perfectly. Just like finding those arrows that just don’t want to fly with the others. There’s always going to be imperfections when it comes to mass production

• Sitka Gear