Zebrakiller 11-Jul-14
TurkeyBowMaster 11-Jul-14
Mule Power 11-Jul-14
ahunter55wife 12-Jul-14
Mountain sheep 12-Jul-14
Whopper Stopper 12-Jul-14
Stekewood 12-Jul-14
09-Jul-14
I have Archery talk on my Facebook and it is insane how nobody can say anything nice to anyone about any subject people ask about, it is just crazy, When I was a kid my father had nothing to do with archery so my mom dropped me off at a local club , these people welcomed me with open arms and never pushed in in one direction or the other just plain helped me become the archer I am today, I just saddens me to see how people treat people in the same sport we all love.

09-Jul-14
Agreed.

The funny thing is...for years I was on AT and everyone said that Bowsite was just a bunch of Elitist a-holes.

I havent been on AT for a long time.

09-Jul-14
The AT crowd is on the average younger and Bowsite has and older crowd on average. Bowsite has been unparalleled on the net with respect to BOWHUNTING information since its founding IMHO. AT does have a lot of general archery knowledge but it is becoming watered down due to many of the knowledgeable posters leaving. AT does have great classifieds but if you need info on actually killing an animal with a bow....come here.

09-Jul-14
PA dont go back it is sad, no respect I cant even responed to most of the comments they are so bad.

09-Jul-14
Agreed. I see BS as a community of vastly different backgrounds coming together mostly for the greater good whereas AT is reminiscent of junior high.

09-Jul-14
Zeb, I agree, Bowsite had always struck me as a more experienced and open minded group of hunters/archers but the recent trends haven't been as encouraging. Perhaps more AT regulars have migrated over.

09-Jul-14
Agreed and to be honest its got more that way on here but not quite as bad. A lot of keyboard warriors both young and old.

09-Jul-14
I rarely even peek in at AT. It's tiring. If you disagree with someone, you don't have to be a jerk. And if you have to be a jerk, at least be colorful, creative and humorous.

Who's gonna break the news to TBM that he's an elitist?

09-Jul-14
I havent been on AT, but i know one thing, though there seems to be a lot of good ppl here, it drives me nuts seeing some of the threads here. Simple comments or questions turn to condescending remarks. I was raised to keep ur trap shut unless you have something positive to add. I struggle with not backing ppl i feel are unfairly being attacked tho. Thanks for the heads up, will NEVER check AT out.

09-Jul-14
It is amazing how most of the guys on AT shoot 4" groups at 60yds+ and complain about it. I mean you would think to fill the US Olympic archery team all they would have to do is check out AT and fill the roster. I used to go there and on occasion still do to see if anything has changed...nope still the same crap. Thanks Pat for having Bowsite!

09-Jul-14
I totally agree. I did wonder how long it would take to mention TBM though.

09-Jul-14
I find good useful information on AT & BS. Don't get caught up in the pissing contests. Lots of great information on both sites.

09-Jul-14
There are good things about both websites imo. I spend WAY more time on bowsite because it focuses more on bowhunting, but if you have a tuning issue/question there are some very knowledgable people on AT. There probably is here as well, but you can search AT and usually find someone with the same situation you are battling.

Regardless of the website, or in day to day life for that matter, there will always be people that suck the fun out of everything. I just ignore and go on with my life. It seems that we are a society that LOVES drama and controversy unfortunately.

Matt

09-Jul-14
I check it every day and post some. Spend most of my time on the brand specific and Western Hunting forum...classifieds too. Those aren't so bad, but i do like it. It is like slowing down to see an accident on the highway...sometimes you just can't resist. Usually if I see a thread going the wrong way, i just get out....

09-Jul-14
I havent been on AT for a couple of months. But if I do get on AT its the western section I go to.

A person should know if the start a thread with "what is the best...." its going to be a pissing match.

I come to Bowsite to learn from others and help others if I can.

09-Jul-14
I spend a lot of time on AT actually, but avoid certain areas. There is some good info over there, and some good guys (maybe just the guys from bosite checking it out, haha). There are a lot of guys that do like to argue though. I've been fortunate to get some useful info there (without any bickering), and still check it most days.

09-Jul-14
I like the traditional site.

09-Jul-14
AT has a really funny thread about photos of trespassers, that's the only reason I look at it anymore...

09-Jul-14
I think the moderators on Bowsite do an excellent job of keeping things corralled and they know who needs kicking off and who needs a little guiedance. I would do a terrible job if it was left up to me. Case in point- I deleted one guys comment because I didn't see it fit for kids to read...I got an improper use of thread owner tools. I have deleted some of my own post for the same reason. I have tried to refrain from using thread owner tools because if the cirrectiin. In a seperate thread in which I am not the originator, I can post "God Bless America" and the op will use thread owner tools and remove it. Ok maybe not God Bless America but you get my point...or maybe I will go post it and see.. that's what I'll do.

09-Jul-14
AT seems to focus on the more technical aspects of modern archery. The latest greatest. There are some top techs over there who know their stuff inside and out.... and a ton of wannabes. Wannabes are the ones who have to strut, be cocky and rude and show off for attention. You know, like most kids.... =D

I chuckled a bit... does AT have a trad forum???? Irony so thick you could cut it with a knife....

If you want to learn bowhunting through and through..... be taken along on great, even grand adventures.... some of the worlds best bowhunters are here to learn from. Awesome stuff.

Some of the tech info given here can make you cringe.... but overall helpful. Just a place mostly driven by bowhunters that are driven. I like it like that, hunters first and always. Driven to obsession...

Oh, yeah.... that reminds me.... heheheheh...

09-Jul-14
I have never been on AT. Don't really have the interest.

I've been on here for a long while, under different names, and sometimes not posting much.

I will say this, while there are threads and comments I heartily disagree with, and some contentious topics that arise every 4 or 5 months or so. . . . Bowsite has a TON of very knowledgeable people who visit, some who don't post much, who in my experience are EXTREMELY helpful if contacted behind the scenes

The PM function is an amazingly helpful resource, and the guys that I've contacted, or who have contacted me, are amazingly helpful and just plain good folks.

Some of the contention at times may discourage people from posting, but overall, there is a damn good group of people who visit this board.

Bake

09-Jul-14
I go on AT quite a bit. I like it. I've mostly had my questions answered in a kind and gentle way. I will agree that some threads get pretty nasty. Hopefully I'm not one of those jag offs that JTV speaks of. And I'm definitely not a lib. LOL.

09-Jul-14
Classifieds...

09-Jul-14
I didn't start bowhunting until late in life. Nobody I knew did it either. All I knew was I wanted to do it bad. The archery shop wasn't that great either but I've had some great help over the years from Bowsite.

How many other places in today's digital world have genuinely good people that will literally invite you into their home and help you out? It happened here to me. Some guy in Northern WI named Ruger1022 invited me to his house for a personal archery mule deer seminar. Now I live out west and am living the dream.

On AT, I've been a lurker with respect to doing technical things with my bow (tuning, tying in peeps ect) but that's it. Now I'm self sufficient as far as anything I need to fix or tune on my equipment. I've bought and sold a couple things on there as well.

09-Jul-14
I am proud to say, I am banned for life from AT...at my own request.

09-Jul-14
You nailed it Pat!

09-Jul-14
It's ironic for me Pat mentioned Facebook. We deactivated our accounts two weeks ago and it has been great. We took the "media" out of social media.

I plan on documenting my hunts this year and bringing them to Bowsite after the seasons are over (when everybody is starving for a fix of any kind).

09-Jul-14
Never been to Facebook, not something I need to do. Bowfreak is dead on. Got something in the archery game to buy, sell, or trade,AT is the place.

If you want to learn or just read good hunting experiences and have a good laugh, this is where it's at.

09-Jul-14
Afterthought: This is undoubtedly the BEST place to learn about food plotting ! Learned more here this past year than all other reading I have done.

09-Jul-14
I'm from Texas and there are two big forums in Texas, (which has a lot of hunting stuff along with gulf coast fishing) and texashuntingforum, which probably account for most of the lack in the Texas community. They have great classifieds ads, and 2cool is close to home so when I need general common sense help on something in the local area I can get a quick answer, but other than that they are about the same old bore. Trail cam pics at feeders, guess the score questions, looking for deer lease questions, rifle kills, corn prices, racoon problems, yotes, hogs, etc, etc, etc. most things that are hardly mentioned on Bowsite. Back in 2009 I found Bowsite when trying to learn about the elk hunting game and haven't turned back since. Sometimes though if I have a tech question I will google "archery talk" and then my question to find an old thread there that might quickly answer my question.

10-Jul-14
There ain't no HD on AT and I hate their format, too many things going on. The guys on this site are the reason I come here, their hunts and stories....not a tip to get 2 extra FPS or how to obtain 16.5 FOC. My bow just has to shoot straight and never fail, that hunting...That's Bowsite.

10-Jul-14
The guys that know how to shoot quit posting on AT years ago when the "experts" told them they had to draw level and bend at the waist when shooting 60 deg uphill targets, or to properly shoot a release they had to come to full draw and squeeze their shoulders together.

10-Jul-14
I have way to much going on in my life to sit on the internet all day----

Bowsite and M&M are about it for me----no FB or any of that other stuff.

Good luck, Robb

10-Jul-14
I really don't look very much at Archery Talk. If I was perfectly honest, it probably has more to do with there being a crossbow forum on it than anything else. Like more than just of handful of people; I can't see archery and crossbow hunting being the same. That's just my own narrow view point; I understand opinions vary and I respect that. That said, it doesn't mean I can't make my own choice not to visit it.

Long live Bowsite!

10-Jul-14
Great feed back on this one guys, Im just really sick of all the negativity I sat back and thought about all the hunting camps over the years and never once can I think about guys fighting in camp about any of the equipment that another hunter was using, We all just were hunting and enjoying camp together nothing else matters.

10-Jul-14
I tune out of any thread with negativity, especially when posters get personal. If you cannot state your position in a positive way without tearing down the other guy, I am done.

I will paint with a broad brush and stereotype the younger generation falling into this technique.

This is of the reasons why Bowsite is my home. I may visit AT if I need tech help or want to sell something, but I always come home.

Then again as a barebow shooter, I don't need much help with "Which release is best?" or "Need more Speed from my bow!". Pins block my view of the animal.

10-Jul-14
Bigger audience on AT...but not better

10-Jul-14
I like semi-live hunts, guys/kids first kill and how we help each other with our hunts but especially how we are there for each other when the "stuff" hits the fan in our personal lives!

10-Jul-14
And only Bowsite has TBM

10-Jul-14
Was on AT years ago and left. Got so tired of the drama queens and negative comments to everyone. Even from the so-called moderators. Several of the moderators only concern about 3D archery shoots is who has the biggest cooler of beer. I have seen/known several of the moderators and there is a reason I don't got to AT anymore or hang around these folks anymore. ZERO MORALS and ZERO POSITIVE INFLUENCE ON THE YOUNGER GENERATIONS.

10-Jul-14
The bad thing about AT to me is it has gotten me to buy more bows in the last 5 years than I had in the previous 27 years combined.

11-Jul-14
After reading a post on my Facebook page this morning, Archery Talk facebook is not the same as Archerytalk.com Im told this may clear up how crazy thing are over there.

11-Jul-14
"The funny thing is...for years I was on AT and everyone said that Bowsite was just a bunch of Elitist"

I'm not going to say this is 100% true....but you can certainly get a whiff of elitist is you stand downwind. You can also get a sniff of bigger is better and p & y animals count more points....as does African game, espicially of the dangerous variaty. I know you don't have to hunt all over the world to enjoy bowhunting, and hunting all these different animals don't make you an elite bowhunter. And the majority of bowhunters are not going to have the financial ability to do anything other than hunt close tohome or school. Most will only be able to hunt deer , hogs, and possibl y turkeys. And if they do that well, they substantiated themselves as a too tier bowhunter. If everything has got to be bigger and better for you to get excited then you might need to seriously question you motives. If you can't get excited about stump shooting, maybe killing a snake or squirrel or two while your at it, then you ain't an elite bowhunter in my book. My favorite photo of Chuck Adams is one of which he is holding an arrow with a shishkabob squirrel...he had a smile like he had just shot a world record. That's what made him elite in my book.

11-Jul-14
That site is still around huh.

Romper Room for bow hunters. lol

12-Jul-14

ahunter55wife's embedded Photo
ahunter55wife's embedded Photo
I check em all & have a FB. My FB is what I share pics & keep in touch with family that we are not able to see often. I'm a dedicated bowhunter & I guess the technical stuff for me isn't needed. I've learned by doing for myself & have nothing to prove to anyone.

12-Jul-14
I really like AT's classifieds.

12-Jul-14
They have an excellent crossbow forum.

WS

12-Jul-14
I use the AT classifieds quite a but. Probably the best place to find good deals on anything archery related but the discussions all too often turn immature. Facebook is great for seeing what distant friends are up to and for basic information on sports, music, hobbies etc. This is the only bowhunting site that I visit regularly and don't see that changing.

• Sitka Gear