Huntskifishcook 19-Mar-22
Ironbow 19-Mar-22
Cornpone 22-Mar-22
Northstickhunter 31-Mar-22
Northstickhunter 31-Mar-22
Juancho 31-Mar-22
Swampbuck 01-Apr-22
12-Aug-14
How many arrows does everyone keep on a regular basis? I have 10 (broke 2) and I keep 5 in my quiver loaded with broadheads and 1 Judo point and the rest are in field tips that I regularly shoot with.

I have shot all of my arrows at one point, so I know the one's in my quiver are accurate, but I really only keep those for deer hunting. Does anyone else do the same? Or is it better to continually shoot through all of them so you know they are good.

I've often thought it might not be a bad idea to have another dozen all done up to shoot with. But that's a lot of money in arrows. I'm shooting Maxima Hunter 350s with blazer vanes and white wraps.

12-Aug-14
Q#1: about 60

Q#2: about 15

12-Aug-14
I own about 40 or 50 and regularly shoot maybe 5 and keep 3 or 4 in the quiver with my broadheads attached.

12-Aug-14
Q#1: About 70 Arrows on hand 2 dz Goldtip, 2dz Carbon Express, and 2 dz of Easton. I like trying different arrows. :)

Q#2: I have 6 in my quiver with broadheads ready to go and I use another 4 arrows with field tips for practice. If I break an arrow during target practice I'll call up one from the reserves (depending on the brand of arrows I'm shooting that year).

12-Aug-14
Including broken shafts, 1/2 broken nocks, mangled fletchings, etc.... Dozens.

Shootable arrows, a couple dozen.

I carry 3 arrows when deer hunting and 3+ a 4th tipped with a judo when elk hunting, along with a 4th BH in the bag.

12-Aug-14
Hundreds and I've given hundreds to the local shop. For hunting, I usually take 1/2 dozen.

12-Aug-14
What's wrong with you guys? I only use/need 1:)

12-Aug-14
I usually have a couple dozen and will use every one of them if needed as long as I've checked broad head flight before hunting.

12-Aug-14
I have 10 -12 hunting arrows set up at the start of the season. 2 practice BH tipped arrows in my practice quiver, and 6 - 10 field points at all times. Plus up to 12 shafts ready for fletching. I have dozens of many different shaft sizes from years past.

Depending on the camping situation, I may have all prepared arrows with us, or just my 4 arrow quiver full of hunting arrows.

12-Aug-14
Wow, guess I should add to my quota of arrows!

12-Aug-14
10 dozen.

5 arrow quiver

12-Aug-14
dozen ready for what ever arrows I am shooting. 5-6 go in quiver. I have several dozen arrows because I like to try new arrows also .

12-Aug-14
I carry 3 arrows in the quiver with broad heads and use another 6 practice arrows. I own dozens and dozens going back in time.

12-Aug-14
I have 4 that I feel are perfectly matched to my broadheads from a flight and spin perspective that ride in my quiver. Then I have dozens of like weight, spine, and fletched models that I practice with. All in total I have maybe 4-5 dozen sitting around at any given time.

12-Aug-14
I shoot 5 and have about 20 new ones waiting for there turn. I have 5 in both my quivers on my bows.

12-Aug-14
I have about two dozen. I give away any more than that and move forward. I also give away all bows except my go to and back up. When I get a new one, one goes. Never have more than two. I also keep two Carter releases.

I have been to some archers houses that had many hundreds of arrows. Guess they just can't bear to be rid of them. I like simplification.

12-Aug-14
Right now about 12 that are shootable and half a dozen or so that need new vanes. 4 arrow quiver.

12-Aug-14
Couple or 3 dozen depending. Maybe a dozen or so of my best primo A#1 shafts, another half dozen or so goat and pig arrows and another half dozen or so cat/varmint arrows.

Depends on the hunt. Some hunts all primo arrows in the 5 arrow quiver. Some local hunts 2 or 3 primo arrows and a mix of "others" in the quiver.

Have to start a new thread addressing both questions WRT broadheads.... =D

12-Aug-14
4 dozen

4 arrow quiver

12-Aug-14
I probably have around ten dozen arrows. I shoot wood arrows from two recurves and two longbows. I shoot different spined arrows from each bow. I keep at least one dozen ready to shoot for each bow. I carry at least four with sharp broadheads in my quiver when hunting plus at least one with a dull broadhead for practice shots or perhaps a pesky squirrel.

12-Aug-14
Just over two dozen , all but six identically fletched and ready. The other six..... Well at least one rides in my quiver each time I deer hunt, in case of swine. They were bought used and are not my go-to fletching, and hogs usually break the arrows, so......

12-Aug-14
I usually have four in my quiver and another dozen ready to go! On big flay in hunts I only take a dozen with me.

12-Aug-14
I think i have 4 arrows for my compounds and a 3 arrow quiver that i swap between bows and 2 arrows for the recurve.

12-Aug-14
A dozen. Then I usually break some, so once I get to 10, I buy some more. 5 in the quiver with new broadheads, and the rest have practice heads or field points.

14-Aug-14
For years I would get a dozen and keep 4 for hunting and the rest practice. When I got down to 5 would buy another dozen. Last year I went down to 4 before buying new ones. I got a dozen at a great price and then bought another 1/2 dozen after Christmas. I refletched the 4 old ones and the other 18 to match with custom wraps and green blazers. So now I have 22 matching arrows. Will keep 4 in the quiver with BH's.

14-Aug-14

JimPic's embedded Photo
JimPic's embedded Photo
A few

14-Aug-14
I only have 6 with field points, 6 with broadheads and 18 in reserve.

I buy about 18 a year.

14-Aug-14
I have way to many, yet not enough. I have 150-175, but I have been at this game for over 35 years. I shoot 3 bows regularly each with 10-15 matching arrows. I shoot 3 BH and 3 FP tips when shooting. I usually carry 4-5 in the quiver. I have 1 old aluminum with a BH in each stand in case I see something like a coyote or porcupine.

14-Aug-14
Five total right now, practise with all of them. I hunt with four broadheads and a judo.

14-Aug-14
Have 14 total, 8 red head carbon fury's and just bought 6 carbon express maxima blue streaks. I practice with all and will take 6 out hunting with me.

14-Aug-14
I have a bunch in the basement... Maybe 1.5 doz of mine and 1-2 doz for the wife.

I only hunt with 4.

14-Aug-14

ahunter55wife's embedded Photo
ahunter55wife's embedded Photo
All Aluminum. 24 #1913s for 3-D & tournament shooting. 6, #1913s with broadheads, 1 dz. 2216s for hunting, 1 dz. #2213s raw shafts, 12, #2117s with feathers for hunting. I had 2ds. carbons I gave to my son (didn't like the way the grouped, used 2 seasons).

18-Mar-22

18-Mar-22

Whatthefoc's embedded Photo
Whatthefoc's embedded Photo
I’m down to four arrows. I started with 6 but I lost a couple. They have been refletched 3-4 times. Hunting - I carry all 4. Arrow/bh #1 has killed an elk, two bears, two moose and 3 deer. Pass thru shots are easy on arrows. Just pick ‘em up, wipe em off and sharpen. Rinse and repeat.

Just bought a dozen new shafts. They will last me 3-5 years.

18-Mar-22
Counting old I don’t shoot I have 2-3 dozen. I have 12 of the arrows I shoot. My quiver holds 6. Elk hunting I carry six, deer hunting I usually just throw 3 in. One of those either has a practice tip or an old broadhead for trash: raccoons, possums, porcupine, coyote, maybe a quail if I’m bored.

18-Mar-22
I don't dare to count how many arrows I have. I I have three in my quiver during hunting season. I knock one when settled in my stand leaving two in the quiver.

18-Mar-22
Close to if not over 500 and 5 with Broadheads and 1 Judo in my quiver on my main bow.

18-Mar-22
3 dozen for my hunting bow, each dozen is weighted different because I like to tinker... 625 total w/150 head, 565 total w/125 head, 500 total w/100 head.

Carry 4 when hunting

18-Mar-22
Looks like Bou has been exhuming graves again!

18-Mar-22
I probably have about 2.5 dozen. Three different kinds. I need to get half dozen more Victory VForce Elite 350s. Can't get them at my pro shop yet though. I could get a dozen shafts though. Even though I don't really want that many, I might do it anyways.

18-Mar-22
I bought 7 dozen shafts cheap when a buddy closed his shop. I try to keep a dozen ready for hunting that are weighed, spun and test shot with broad heads. I must have around 2 dozen needing some fletching repairs. Also a couple dozen wooden and aluminum arrows for my recurve that seldom get shot any more. I have 18 new unfletched shafts remaining of that 7 dozen. Might have to switch brands if I ever shoot theses up.

18-Mar-22
I have about 5 dozen fletched and another 4 or 5 dozen shafts cut and ready to fletch for when needed

18-Mar-22

Banjo's embedded Photo
Banjo's embedded Photo
I have a few…..lol

18-Mar-22
Same now as I did back when this thread was first born. I generally have a dozen or so never used arrows going into the season. I carry 4 in my quiver when hunting. I also have 3 older arrows with rubber blunts I carry on my atv for grouse medicine.

18-Mar-22
Like my ammo, its alot,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I bet from compound to trad, probably about 100. I trade and sell trad arrows all the time, since the Trad shoots are the most fun,,,,, Compound 3D shoots I also like, but the guys at Trad shoots, sell and trade,,,,

19-Mar-22
Lou there is not much new in the world Lou we can just recycle every 8-10 years.

Need to do that to dilute the ratio of political threads ti hunting threads around here.

19-Mar-22
I have a few…..lol

19-Mar-22
I am down to 8 tested hunting arrows as my shaft was discontinued and I dislike switching as it is an all or nothing move. The carbon express pile driver pass thrus in 350 are a great hunting shaft, thin but hi section density. Guess some thought otherwise. With an elk hunt looming that is not a big enough arsenal. Maybe bust one turkey hunting, likely wreck a couple of my practice broadhead arrows during summer practice then I am out of luck.

19-Mar-22
Recurves are so spine sensitive, I have piles of arrows.

Heck, I missed a 25y Grouse in a tree 4 times last fall with my recurve and-had-to-restrain-myself from shooting my last good hunting arrow. Grin

I like to shoot on these hunts, it keeps me sharp. My one hunt buddy is the opposite. He will go all season and not unleash an arrow.

19-Mar-22
Damn. Right now I must have at least a dozen and a half in the back quiver. Several hundred, to be sure.

At least 5 dozen brand new, raw carbons & at least 2 dozen raw aluminum plus a dozen brand new fletched 2217s…. Dozen fletched woodies for me and about 6 dozen raw cedars for kids’ arrows…. Then I have a dozen NIB 400s, fletched; an arrow box full of assorted 400s - 4-5 dozen there, anyway - at least 2 dozen 500s and 600s in varying states of disrepair in the “hospital box” and a few dozen more that are busted down too short to be good for anything but kids’ flu-flus. Some flu-flus for me and a Homer bucket full of organ-donor shafts . And a half-dozen ACCs somewhere around here….

And I probably have fewer dollars wrapped up in all of those than most guys have plowed into sights, stabs, rangefinders, releases and rests. LOL

19-Mar-22
I own many dozens, because I've switched arrow type a handful of times over the years. I feel comfortable going into a season with 6 setup and ready to rock specifically for hunting. For years I have had a 3 arrow quiver. My new quiver has room for either 5 or 6 arrows.

Glunker, are the pile driver pass thrus different than standard pile drivers? I think what I have been using are the standard variety, which are not what I would call a thin arrow, but they have performed great for me.

19-Mar-22
Hundreds of all sizes and materials. Been doing this for 56 years. Shoot compounds and recurves LH and RH with fingers and release. Depending on the bow and draw weight I might need a different arrow. Everything from light carbon to 1200 grain aluminum "elephant" arrows.

22-Mar-22
I'm primarily a WT hunter. I feel comfortable entering a season if I have three arrows for every deer I intend to shoot. If I need to have eight or ten arrows for every intended deer I better start practicing more or give up hunting.

31-Mar-22
Probably a couple thousand ,60 years of shooting and collecting they sort of piled up .What arrows I use for hunting depends what bow I’m using about 60 of them.

31-Mar-22

31-Mar-22
About 100+. All my bows have at least 3 broadheads in the bow quiver and two small game points. And I have quite a few unopened packs of shafts to replace as I break them. Out of those many about 4 dozens are Grizzly Sticks , which I like their flight , and how tough they are. I also have over 100 broadheads just in case .LOL..

01-Apr-22
Way to many and 4-5, but I figure it’s like ammo

• Sitka Gear