lineman21 07-Dec-14
lineman21 07-Dec-14
Woodsman416 07-Dec-14
trackman 07-Dec-14
BIGHORN 27-Dec-14
Brian Swartz 27-Dec-14
Paul@thefort 27-Dec-14
10-Nov-14
Never shot at one before, but thought, what the heck. Hit pretty much every vital and internal organ possible and the thing still made it 60 yards or so. Tough critters. I am going to get it soft tanned. Boar, maybe 12-15 pounds ish.

10-Nov-14
Always wanted to shoot one but but they show up the last 30 minutes. And they will just chew the heck out of your arrow unless it passes through.

10-Nov-14
Weird, it let me upload the pictures.

10-Nov-14
Won't that is....

10-Nov-14
Why

10-Nov-14
Idk. Long story, but i have my phone on airplane mode bc i have no signal. I have the wifi on and am using my ipad to get the wifi from. Too poor of a signal that way i guess. I will update thread with pic later.

10-Nov-14
No why did you kill the coon not why won't the pic load

10-Nov-14
Oh, i want the hide. I am going to get it tanned. I can email you the pic and you can post it if you don't mind.

10-Nov-14
No in Kansas. Season opened up on the 5th here.

10-Nov-14
They are tough critters! I shot one a few years ago and thought I hit him pretty good. Still had to follow a 75 yard blood trail to recover him! Congrats!

10-Nov-14
Why?

For a Davy Crockett Cap, sheesh!!!

10-Nov-14
why not bou they raid ever bird nest . I once shot one when I was a kid from my tree I hit guts pulling them out , got hung up on a deadfall !!! he would walk and get pulled back by his intestines , he did this over and over.

10-Nov-14

ryanrc's embedded Photo
ryanrc's embedded Photo

11-Nov-14
Nice coon ! I don't usually shoot while bow hunting but I trap and shoot everyone I can when not deer hunting ! Coons and possums I kill everyone I can ! They are hell on my chickens ! Woodchucks are on that list also !

11-Nov-14
great pic !!

11-Nov-14
That is onr of the best trophy photos I have seen this year.

11-Nov-14
I can't remember if I have disposed of 54 or 64 in the last 20 years. They come along the ditch behind my house so I use a live trap and drown them.

They get in the trash, eat your garden and are a major pain in the butt. My wife doesn't want me to dispose of them anymore. I had to get a new trap because the bent the other one up so bad. I will look for footprints in the snow to see how many there are going past the house. My neighbor hates them breaking into his trash too.

11-Nov-14

12-Nov-14
LOL....I shot 49 in 1 summer. If you want to go raccoon hunting here I might pay you to kill them! We are always swimming in them.

I will say they figured it out and stopped getting very close to the house now and they certainly don't make camp in my neighbors pole barn anymore. They are soooooooo destructive. I use to think they were kinda cool and cute but now I stroke every one I see and can get a chance at.

12-Nov-14
I got my first one using coon cuff traps other day. These traps are nice. Much easier to carry than live trap ! 6 coon cuffs are better than carrying 1 live trap.

12-Nov-14
raccoon hides are marketable, and the meat can be darn tasty. in most of the US they are so plentiful as to be a nuisance, as well as a danger to their own health b/c of diseases spread by dense populations (distemper, rabies, etc) kill em!

12-Nov-14
raccoon hides are marketable, and the meat can be darn tasty. in most of the US they are so plentiful as to be a nuisance, as well as a danger to their own health b/c of diseases spread by dense populations (distemper, rabies, etc) kill em!

13-Nov-14
Since I work 6 days a week, can't hunt on sunday and im pretty much at work during legal shooting hours, coon is my only option for any hunting action at the moment. In CT, you can shoot them at night, and use a spot light. They don't go down easy, but they are in fact damn tasty

14-Nov-14
Coons are downright destructive. They will do some damage to a corn field... They get in your barn and crap all over the place and chew stuff up. They are utterly useless animals. We have tons of them in our woods. We let every coon hunter that asks for permission hunt our woods.

06-Dec-14
In a lot of studies, raccoons are the #1 predator on quail nests a well as other ground-nesting birds.

(Anybody that wonders why we kill them has also never tried to raise sweet corn in the country.)

They're also heck on our field corn that pays our taxes, too.

With fur prices so subdued, and the danged things being so adaptive, populations in many parts of Kansas are probably at all-time highs.

06-Dec-14

Nick Muche's MOBILE embedded Photo
Nick Muche's MOBILE embedded Photo

Damn good eating. Just incredible. We had coon pie and coon giblets. All home made of course.

06-Dec-14
Hammer 'em! They are absolutely destructive on bird nests and with low trapper numbers keep going up in numbers. Although I don't typically target them as they come through during best shooting hours I have learned over time that best shot on them is head shot or they'll rip arrow up and I hate watching any critter suffer, even a Ricky racoon.

07-Dec-14
On my trail cams this year I have had up to a dozen in one pic. I live in Ks. and as writer said, I have never seen so many!

07-Dec-14

lineman21's MOBILE embedded Photo

Put up a few yesterday. I've got around 250 in my freezer waiting to be fleshed and stretched. Also did a couple coyotes and cats.

07-Dec-14

07-Dec-14

07-Dec-14
Nice work lineman. I always put mine up on wire. They look a lot better on boards!

07-Dec-14
lineman you do a nice job on fur keep up the nice work and pass it on to kidds

27-Dec-14
My neighbor asked me to get rid of a raccoon that has been getting into his garage. I live trapped a big one and got rid of him but there is a bigger one that would not fit in the trap and he rolled it across the yard. Hopefully, I can get a bigger trap and get him too.

27-Dec-14
lineman21, how long do you leave them boarded now that there fleshed and stretched. What temp do you need to store them at?

27-Dec-14
Nice going Ryan. Cool picture. Paul

• Sitka Gear