Charlie Rehor 16-Dec-14
kota-man 16-Dec-14
XbowfromNY 16-Dec-14
SteveB 16-Dec-14
skinner creek 16-Dec-14
Trial153 17-Dec-14
bowriter 17-Dec-14
16-Dec-14
I went on a Mountain Lion/ Lynx hunt last December and was lucky enough to get one of each. Now I can't get them to ship my skins to me, and every time I contact them they tell me it will be soon, next month, etc. I hope they haven't lost or ruined them, but at this point I just don't know.

Does anyone have a contact in B.C. that I can get ahold of to try and get my Lion and Lynx back. I'm sick of hearing the same old B.S. every time I try and get ahold of Doug-if I can find a way to put more pressure on him to deliver that would be great.

I did just fill out an outfitter report too.

16-Dec-14
I don't know your outfitter but I can tell you this.. Several guys I know have waited or are still waiting on the BC government to issue export permits. Its been a mess and outfitters are fed up. Your wait seems a bit long but I wouldn't dismiss their story completely. Good luck. I'm waiting for a goat permit from bc just to bring it to Alberta

16-Dec-14
Prolly as mentioned above! Doug is a great guy and has a really good track record! Good luck! C

16-Dec-14
Brad you know I have been all over this. With the CITIES permits in the shippers name I cannot deliver them myself. Last we talked the hides would be going south in December.

16-Dec-14
The times I dealt with the Canadian agencies it took way longer than it need to!

16-Dec-14
Doug,

You have never told me December- must be someone else? I was told January(2014) up front, then it was moved back to April because of the CITIES permit. I was never told another thing until I followed up in September because my taxidermist finally called me and told me he still didn't have the cats.

At that point I had to try and chase you and Mike down-and Mike has never returned a call. You finally did and then Mike emailed me and told me he would be coming down in October and would get me my cats. In Mid November I started emailing you both again because I didn't have my cats like you said I would in October. All I get from you is how your working on it, and Mike won't even respond any more.

I think your definition of "all over this" differs from mine.

The hunt was great, I just want my cats like I told you in September.

16-Dec-14
What a shame.... for the cost of the hunts you'd expect someone to be professional and honest. Ed F

16-Dec-14
Just an update- I guess Doug found Mike, and Mike now says(via email) he will be down between Christmas and New Year. I really hope this is the case- right after my hunt I would have sent anyone to hunt with Doug.

16-Dec-14
How many guys get a Lion and Lynx on one hunt? Congrats to you and your guide and of course the dogs! C

16-Dec-14
Maybe some of the guys from the BC Babine Trapline trips could chime in here. A year does seem like a long time to get something back from BC, even with the slow CITES process.

16-Dec-14
Hawk - Why didn't you just fly home them? I shot a Lynx in Jan. 2014 in B.C. (not Skinner) and I flew home to NY with it.

16-Dec-14
XbowfromNY X2

I have harvested several critters from BC and brought them home with me.....and the outfitter took care of one shipping it very promptly. I cant understand this delay personally. A year after the hunt I would be more than upset too.

16-Dec-14
Cougars in BC need an inspection before the cities permit is issued. You cannot leave the country with out a CITIES permit for lynx cougar or wolf. If you do and get caught it is a serious charge for both hunter and guide. That was the first problem.The biggest problem was changing who was doing the shipping. My regular guy is a full time taxidermist and gets things done. This new guy whom I have know for 30 years crapped the bed big time. The biggest problem was he avoided the couple clients he needs to deal with, his communication was terrible. Not to mention the blatant lies to me about delivery dates and keeping in touch with Brad.

live and learn.

Brad I always responded to any emails and phone calls. Your email in the summer was the first I heard of the whole thing.

17-Dec-14
Looks like something that can be worked out with some better communication. Hopefully it gets resolved, seems like it was a great hunt

17-Dec-14
I know only one thing about any of this. That one thing is nothing. So, ignore any advice I might give.

• Sitka Gear