Adventurewriter 30-Mar-15
NvaGvUp 18-Apr-15
grizzlyhunter 18-Apr-15
NvaGvUp 18-Apr-15
JRABQ 19-Apr-15
puma tom 24-May-15
17-Dec-14

Bou'bound's Link
Does anyone on the site support, belong to, or have any insight into the work of the Rocky Mountain Goat Alliance? Link to this conservation group is attached.

17-Dec-14
I follow them on FB and have some of their apparel if that counts lol

17-Dec-14
Goat nut here.

I am a new member and have been following their progress on FB for several months. I hope they don't drift too far down the road of "Inches and Outfitters" and go more with the "Goats on the Mountain" theme.

Huh? Sounds familiar?!

17-Dec-14
Steve, I know they don't have the bank roll of either WSF or RMEF but are they putting the money back on the mountain? I would join in a heartbeat if I knew the money was well spent.

Bou, You've been asking a lot of questions about goats and goat outfitters. You thinking about a hunt?

17-Dec-14
In 2016

17-Dec-14
They have done several "goat count" projects, so far so good for the boots on the mountain versus lets pat ourselves on the back (sound familiar again, lol).

14-Jan-15
They did a goat count project in MT that lead to a new hunt, I drew one of the 2 tags and got a goat (rifle kill) last October. The guy that started the org (Pete M) helped me out on the hunt, obviously a real nice fellow. I'm not a goat nut but I signed up for a lifetime membership.

14-Jan-15
I've been a supporter, and now a member, since I worked a Mtn Goat research project last summer. Nice to see the least understood ungulate on the mountain get more support. Spoke to Peter at the Sheep Show and was impressed with the organizations position and activities. I'll be trying to get them in touch with some researchers working goat projects. Seems to be a worthy organization.

15-Jan-15
Seem pretty squared away...follow them on FB

15-Jan-15
Who are you going with bou?

16-Jan-15
I still have a big ?? On how communication is supposed to work with RMGA. Anyone figured that part out yet, it doesn't seem to be apparent.

17-Jan-15
What's "facebook"????

17-Jan-15
Beaverfoot Outfitters out of Golden BC

17-Jan-15
It sure seems like goats get the short end of the stick here in Colo and possibly Wyoming! Goats are almost considered invasive species according to the CPW! Anywhere goats cross paths with bighorns in Colo the CPW pretty much wants to eliminate them! It would be nice if more was understood about the goat=sheep interface and interactions to know exactly what goes on where they share habitats! There are a lot of "void" areas without goats in Colo that certainly could support goat herds. Some of these areas are where sheep have not been successful but for some reason the CPW won't allow goats?

I've heard this same this is true in Wyo. The Wind River Range isn't exactly teaming with bighorns. There are miles of fantastic alpine areas in the Wind Rivers that likely could support goats and are void of bighorns?

Anyway, It's good to see there is a group out there interested in supporting goats.

17-Jan-15
Goats are non-endemic to Colorado, does that make them invasive? Maybe but I'm ok with that!

Tah-Dah, ok, how about FacistBook!

17-Jan-15
WSF has recently made them an Affiliate and we have two of our most respected people on their board.

That rates an A+ with me.

18-Jan-15
That's great to hear Kyle. Groups working together will get great things done!!

29-Mar-15

DR's embedded Photo
DR's embedded Photo
I was part of the Mt. Goat count with Pete and many other great guys and gals last April in the Black Hills of SD. Good people who care and they do survey's with volunteers all over the west. I'd recommend supporting them.

29-Mar-15

DR's embedded Photo
DR's embedded Photo
Here I am counting a nice group of Mt. Goats along the Needles near Sylvan Lake in the Black Hills. We are going to have a 2 tag season this year in the Black Hills for the first time in about 8 years. The count the RMGA helped coordinate was a part of that effort.

30-Mar-15
The only reasopn Goat are not considered the top game animal on earth is they dont have 40 inches of sprialed horn...big Billies are waaaaaayyyyy cool gnarly ogres

18-Apr-15

18-Apr-15
I have been a member from the start. Great organization that is doing a lot for Mountain goat conservation.

18-Apr-15

NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
I love goats, but I would never consider them the top game animal. Near the top, yes. Thee top, no.

They're very easy to spot, unlike sheep, which can be very difficult to spot. In my experience, once you spot them, they're highly likely to remain in the same spot during the hours it will take you to get within range. Sheep sometimes do that, but more often they will be long gone by the time you get there.

19-Apr-15

JRABQ's embedded Photo
JRABQ's embedded Photo
Here's a picture of Pete with the goat I shot last October in MT. Awesome hunt, and great to have help from a really nice guy. A Mtn. Goat was on my "bucket" list, but not at the top, I just got lucky and drew a tag.

24-May-15
They have moved into western Wyoming from our native herds in eastern Idaho. Sounds like the WY game and fish look at them like a invasive species. They are worried that they could displace the Bighorns there.

• Sitka Gear