ahunter55 15-Jan-15
Ermine 16-Jan-15
sundowner 16-Jan-15
White Falcon 16-Jan-15
sundowner 16-Jan-15
sundowner 16-Jan-15
White Falcon 16-Jan-15
06-Jan-15
I'm looking for a place to take my 14 year old son on a javelina/hog. We are very flexible on accommodations but would prefer to stay in our own wall tent for the experience as much as anything. We are looking to book a 2-4 day hunt during the week of March 15th. If anybody knows of a ranch, outfitter or any info it would be greatly appreciated.

06-Jan-15
Rob at Fairchase Ltd. is top notch and has excellent game quantities, lodging and grub. He is usually booked pretty heavily. He goes by RK here. WAYYY down South on the Rio Grande.

06-Jan-15
Rob is your man. Top notch everything. It is kinda a haul to get there, but worth it. Call him and just do it.

--Jim

06-Jan-15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RmlIqtHJ3dE

This a link to the vid shot at Robs. It can also be seen at the top of the hogs and exotics page.

06-Jan-15
I spoke with Rob and he is a very nice guy. Unfortunately he doesn't have anything available during those dates.

06-Jan-15
King Ranch does Javelina day hunts or they used too?

06-Jan-15
elk crazy, my son and i are looking at same hunt going to contact mike mckinny at westtexashunts.com he goes by mule mike on bow site. it sounds like he runs a good hunt read some info on his operation but haven't talked to him yet.

07-Jan-15
The elkman- I want details, post up for all to read.

--Jim

07-Jan-15
http://lincolnranch.com/index.htm

07-Jan-15
I'd like to hear more about Lincoln Ranch and other Texas options for hogs if anyone could recommend a place. Not necessarily bow only if you know of a place that has options for both gun or bow. Might take some new hunters along that don't bowhunt so want to hear of some other good places.

07-Jan-15
TC outfitters

07-Jan-15
ELKMAN Please post. On another forum the person you are talking about has a great reputation, So I am curious too

07-Jan-15
im surprised this thread isn't pages long if you read the heli junt people want everyone and there brother to come kill the hogs

08-Jan-15
texasshoot-out.com

09-Jan-15
ELKMAN PM SENT

09-Jan-15
http://www.texasshoot-out.com/

Goes right along with what you are wanting.

10-Jan-15
A bit off topic...but...I tried some javalina yesterday. I wish I hadn't. I'm not sure what it would taste like to lick my dog's behind but I am pretty sure it'd taste better than javalina.

15-Jan-15
Perdenel Bowhunts, Jerry Gobzales Tx..

16-Jan-15
Candor- Hmm I just ate some and mine tasted good.

16-Jan-15
The Texas Shootout hasn't been done for years.

But you can still hunt hogs and javelina on the ranch for a daily fee.

16-Jan-15
sundowner, sorry it is still going on. READ the posts "links" above

16-Jan-15
WF, I stand corrected Sir.

I was referring to an event that was held on another ranch back a few years ago, and called the Texas Shootout.

Obviously another ranch has picked up the name.

16-Jan-15

16-Jan-15
The TSO was at the Callaghan Ranch in Laredo for 28 years. Untill two yrs in a row some A. H. killed bucks and cut the heads off. They never fornd out who. Mr Finly said that's all to the shoot out at the Callaghan. The same group has the same hunt at a new ranch the Chaparossa Ranch now in La Pryor TX. Still run by John Michel and his gang. Grant P.S. there is a 300 hunter limit at the Shoot out now. Grant

• Sitka Gear