Proline 06-Jan-15
FF 06-Jan-15
Bowman 25-Jan-18
snapcrackpop 25-Jan-18
bear bowman 26-Jan-18
Butcher 26-Jan-18
Butcher 26-Jan-18
06-Jan-15
I currently use an Open Shot Summit. Considering the Viper Elite SD which is only 17bs but it's getting very mixed reviews.

Many say they are louder than other Summits? Does anyone have one?

06-Jan-15
I have one, I also have the open shot. I received the Viper Elite for Christmas last year and only use it this last season elk hunting. I love the stand! It is light like my Open Shot but it is much easier to go up and down the tree with it. It is also comfortable. I don't feel it is loud and even seems quieter than my Open Shot. Hope that helps.

06-Jan-15
I have the Viper SD . Got it off a guy for $225 last summer after he used it once. Very light stand. It does have the summit skins on it which are nice hold down noise. I bought a set of stabilizer straps from Third Hand Archery and it is like rock in the tree. They also help to keep the two pieces racked tightly together when backpacking. prior to that it was a bit noisy hauling in. It is a great stand.

06-Jan-15
Thanks guys. Keep the reports coming because I had read so many about the stand having a squeak at the bottom when moving. That spooked me because prior to that everyone has loved the Summits. New is not always better I worry.

25-Jan-18
Summit Viper Elite SD...buy one. If you don't like it I'll buy it. Absolutely the best (by far) climbing stand I've owned. For me "keep it simple" is most important. This stand is not cheap because it's not cheap to build. There's a reason why they are hard to come by. They sell out because they are the best of the best. I've had multiple climbers over the years, some with blow up seats (extremely comfortable but loud and bulky if not deflated), some with huge foam pads, pain in the ass when packing in and out of woods. The net is the perfect choice, comfortable enough for all day and I'm 50. More importantly packing in and out of woods is easy peasy. The stand is so light you will forget it's on your back. Anyway, no I do not work for Summitt just love this stand.

25-Jan-18

snapcrackpop's Link
Third hand archery carries "tree stand treads" made of rubber. That really shuts down the boot noise.

Also sand the paint off the teeth if it's squeaky on tree bark.

26-Jan-18
I bought the cobra and took the summit seat off of it. Too bulky. I bought the silent seat and seat back. By far the best stand I've ever owned. It's roughly the same weight as the elite at a lower cost

26-Jan-18
I have you as well, like said spray foam for sure, I awesome wrapped tubing at areas of point of contact. I didn’t care for it at first but after figuring out what makes noise and why I like it a lot. It’s the best climbing stand I’ve ever had, including lw hand climber, sit and climb, 2 Api and ol man. The noise in bottom section I’ve only had happen when temp is less that 20. Very comfortable.

26-Jan-18

Butcher's embedded Photo
Butcher's embedded Photo
This is the bottom of stand filled with foam

• Sitka Gear