Paul@thefort 04-Feb-15
Mark Watkins 04-Feb-15
Paul@thefort 05-Feb-15
Beav 05-Feb-15
laxbowman 08-Feb-15
15-Jan-15

Beav's embedded Photo
Beav's embedded Photo
I helped get my son and his buddy set up last weekend on some ducks. They had a blast and managed to connect on a few.

15-Jan-15
Nice!!!

15-Jan-15
Fun!

15-Jan-15
Thats a good haul. I love shooting ducks with a bow!

If you can draw down on a group of ducks without spooking them, let alone one, you've definitely reached the "stealth" level in the bowhunting game. It will help you in your big game pursuits as well.

15-Jan-15
That's awesome Beav! Did they shoot them on the water or out of the air? Doesn't matter either way but if they were out of the air I'd be tooting that horn! Ha!

15-Jan-15
Shot them out of the doublebull blind on the ice. We use rubber blunts because they really work as good as anything on marginal hits.

15-Jan-15
awesome

15-Jan-15
That's cool! Nice work men.

15-Jan-15
Sounds like a lot of fun but I would imagine it could be expensive over ice. Do you break a lot of arrows or does the rubber blunt help with that?

Never used a rubber blunt before.

BTW, great post

15-Jan-15
The arrows just skip across the ice.

15-Jan-15

Greenie's embedded Photo
Greenie's embedded Photo
Great guys! I regularly enjoy stalking ducks along a big lake on our leased land. I prefer using "old" broadheads rather than blunts.

15-Jan-15
Right on!

15-Jan-15

gulfcoast's embedded Photo
gulfcoast's embedded Photo
I just flip the blades around on my cheapies so the dull part is on the outside. Works great.

Blunts are super deadly too. Birds cant fly well with arrow inflicted blunt force trauma.

15-Jan-15
Very nicely done congrats to all quack quack hunters lol!

15-Jan-15
Great pics, I am green with envy!

15-Jan-15
I've killed a lotta ducks in my time, but never even thought about doing it with a stick. Awesome !

15-Jan-15
gorgeous gaddy gulfcoast! Really cool topic!

jumped a warm water creek and my buddy (Houska) shot a drake mallard in flight with his recurve, arrow stuck and the drake started to drop until the arrow fell out, bird kept flying low and out of sight! Never found him but it was awful cool to see!

15-Jan-15
Man Harlin, where do you find the time with coaching? Sounds like you've got another good team up there. You guys make it to state and I will be there cheering for you.

16-Jan-15
Beav, you are up in nebraska? if i am correct?

Do you or your son ever shoot pheasant with bow? Ive always wanted to. Hunted outside Fairbury in November but never got the opportunity for a Ringneck.

16-Jan-15
gulfcoast, we do a ton of bunny hunting with our bows (over 200 this year) and we have also managed to kill 6 or 7 roosters while hunting bunnies in shelterbelts, along with a few sharptail grouse. Gives us something to do until Spring turkey season. Shiras I do have a good bunch of kids this year and moved to 11-0 on the season last night. Hope to be in Lincoln come March.

19-Jan-15

Beav's embedded Photo
Beav's embedded Photo
From this weekend.

19-Jan-15
Man, I can't imagine shooting a pheasant on the wing with a compound. That's some serious shooting.

04-Feb-15
Hey Beav, the smiles on the boy's faces tells it all.

I do believe we have both found another "big game species" but with feathers.

My best, Paul

04-Feb-15
Beav, congrats to you and the boys! Way to pass it one!!! Roosters are tough!!!!

Mark

05-Feb-15
Beav,, are you using decoys and/or just that open water near shore to attract them? Calling? Paul

05-Feb-15
Paul, very little calling and a few duck decoys.

08-Feb-15

laxbowman's embedded Photo
laxbowman's embedded Photo
I've been wanting to do this since I first saw this thread. Managed to do a spot and stalk yesterday on this Canada

• Sitka Gear