XbowfromNY 24-Jan-15
Bou'bound 24-Jan-15
st8tman 24-Jan-15
bb 24-Jan-15
treewolf197 24-Jan-15
Shug 24-Jan-15
XbowfromNY 27-Jan-15
22-Jan-15
Just back from an unsuccessful hunt in Idaho. 6 days of hunting only cut 2 tracks both females. Looking for an outfitter that has a very high successful rate / stay until you tag out !!! Thanks

22-Jan-15
If you want something different (no snow), try a dry ground hunt in Arizona. I hunted with Wade Eckel (Killer Lion Hunts) in 2012. Last I knew he is still running 100% success rates.

22-Jan-15
Look at Lionsbackoutfitters in Utah he put me on lions both trips I made with him

22-Jan-15
How much are you willing to spend and how long you willing to wait for a sure thing monster cat?

22-Jan-15
Cat track outfitters in colorado. I dont know of anyone who hasnt shot a cat with fred. Great guy. Took me 1 day to get a pope and young class tom that missed bc by 1/8 inch. He also offers tom only hunts. Doesnt matter snow condition...he gets it done

22-Jan-15
Curious who you hunted with in Idaho? I know several here.

22-Jan-15
Alan Bennett with Pinnacle Outfitters. Check him out on the web or on facebook. He mostly hunts northern New Mexico. He does go the extra mile!

22-Jan-15
Go to Alberta, you wont regret it. Tyson Macklin, Brent Sinclair and Bryon Stewart are 3 outfitters that will get you a huge Tom.

22-Jan-15
What Idaho unit were you hunting? Most units I know of still have females open. Maybe you just wanted a tom??

22-Jan-15
West Elk Outfitters in Colorado has a high success rate. I have hunted mule deer and elk with him and tagged out in 2 days or less on public land. Very nice and honest guy with great meals and lodging. When I am ready to hunt lions, it will be with him.

22-Jan-15

23-Jan-15
Maverick,

I am serious in seeking to understand how much are you willing to spend and how long you willing to wait for a sure thing monster cat?

With that answer the question you ask can be easily answered with specifictiy.

24-Jan-15
Thanks for all the info. I was looking to spend 5-6k. Would love to go to Canada but all those hunts start at 12 k.

24-Jan-15
You won't get canada for 5-6K, but they don't "start at 12k". You can find them for 8-9k, no 10 day hunts like the others, and not the premiere names, but not 12K

24-Jan-15
Rimrock Outfitters in Arizona. Randy and Josh Epperson and Andy Knolton are really good!

24-Jan-15
The guy I mentioned above, Wade Eckel. You can get a nice Tom for your price range in beautiful weather. His prices continue to rise due to demand, but I went on a Ton Only hunt in 2012 for $3K

24-Jan-15

XbowfromNY's embedded Photo
XbowfromNY's embedded Photo
Southern Arizona

24-Jan-15
Wade Eckel is now 6,000 for 5 day lion hunt. The daily rate at 1,200/day is the same as a 10 day alberta hunt for 12K. of course if you can get your cat in 5 and save 6K that is good deal if the cat meets your expectations.

24-Jan-15
I was looking at Wade's website....Does anybody know what an "Arizona State Book Trophy Lion" actually entails? I am unfamiliar with the state of Arizona definitions.

24-Jan-15
"Wade Eckel is now 6,000 for 5 day lion hunt. The daily rate at 1,200/day is the same as a 10 day alberta hunt for 12K. of course if you can get your cat in 5 and save 6K that is good deal if the cat meets your expectations."

If he is running 100% success on dry ground, you should jump at that price. He r has the best hounds on the planet obviously.

24-Jan-15

treewolf197's embedded Photo
treewolf197's embedded Photo
I understand your frustration, mountain lion hunts need to be approached with the same patience and persistence as any other hunt. Many people are miss guided by believing that you just need to drive around in the snow.

I would highly recommend Doug Starr, hunted with him in January 2014, booked a full week and 100% dry ground with no success. He brought me back out on January 1st and I killed a great lion on the 3rd. I live in PA and was basically on call for this hunt, but it was well worth the juggling to get back out to AZ.

If you want a guide that will work hard for you with great hounds, I highly recommend Doug. He will do whatever he can to get you on a lion.

24-Jan-15
Don Schauffler from Ennis Mt.

I'm not 100% if he still guides but when I was there he was 100% on mature toms stay as long as you needed.

27-Jan-15
I believe Arizona book is 14". Dry ground is cool hunt. I also killed 2 grey fox he called in and missed a Coues deer with a tag I drew. It was a great time. Regarding his hounds, they must be pretty good because they don't chase anything but lions. They wouldn't chase deer rabbits or anything else we kicked up. Wade guides year round for lions because he does something for the state in the sheep areas.

• Sitka Gear