Jim in PA 30-Jan-15
Hollywood 02-Feb-15
kota-man 02-Feb-15
Jim in PA 02-Feb-15
idagapp 02-Feb-15
Hollywood 02-Feb-15
Beendare 02-Feb-15
28-Jan-15
I am going to SCI next week in Las Vegas for the first time. We will be there Thurs, Fri and Sat. Is there anything specific I should plan for? Plan on the exhibit hall Friday and Saturday and the dinner Saturday night. Anything else that is a must? I have my wife along so we need to do a few things non-hunting related. Can anyone recommend any shows to see?

28-Jan-15
Be prepared to be overwhelmed.

As far as shows...My wife and I just saw "Jersey Boys" and it was EXCELLENT.

28-Jan-15
If you're looking for a hunt, take notes. It'll be overwhelming otherwise and you won't remember what each guy had to offer. After a single row of booths all the NM elk hunts blend together, for example.

Saw Cirque-de-Soli last year. Some type of show with a pool. It was entertaining.

28-Jan-15
If you have to go to Cirque-de-Soli I recommend Zumanity, its funny and has lots of Boobies! Rock of Ages is also pretty good.

I had to take my wife to Britney Spears to go to SCI, It was the worst 90 minutes of my life.

We end up in Vegas about 3 or 4 times a year for work. I would recommend the Aged NY strip at Gallaher's in NYNY.

At SCI it's Overwhelming! Your feet will hurt, and you will have no clue what you want to hunt next.

28-Jan-15
Martin Man if you like Boobies, then why not Britney? I took the wife see faced forward looking at the show I sat backwards looking at the audience!! WOW!!

Notes for sure, deep pockets food, drink and entertainment is PRICEY!!

28-Jan-15
The show KA at MGM is the best Cirque show to see. We've been to it 3 times. It also has some archery in it. The performers are fantastic gymnasts. I always recommend it to friends.

The Jersey Boys show is good especially if you like some of the oldies songs.

The original show, Mystere, is good but not my favorite. Haven't been to Zumanity but like Pat said, I hear it's pretty raunchy.

Check out the big ferris wheel. It's 550 feet high and takes 45 minutes for a complete revolution, so go to the bathroom before you go on it.

28-Jan-15
I can only take about 1 1/2 days there...but its a good show always some great taxidermy. I'm not a custom rifle or shotgun guy but there are some amazing examples there- worth a look.

I'm not the typical SCI member the guides are looking for but i do like to talk to those guys about herds, conditions and how game species are doing.

29-Jan-15
Thanks for all the advice. I am looking forward to getting out there and seeing the show.

29-Jan-15
Jersey Boys is must see.

29-Jan-15
Yes , I am leaving it to my wife if she wants to see Jersey Boys or Terry Fahtor. I think either or will be great.

29-Jan-15
Ive been to a couple SCI shows, working for an archery company. Here's a tip. Go quickly through the show the first day, take notes of who you want to talk to. Go back the second day and talk to them. Otherwise you could spend an hour talking to someone only to find the same hunt in a better area with better success ratios right around the corner and you are out of time. Weed out the chaff before you spend a lot of time kicking tires.

It is an overwhelming show in terms of hunts, taxidermy and rich old men with women much too young for them.

29-Jan-15
Hugh X2

29-Jan-15
That Terry Fahtor is really good...can't go wrong there

29-Jan-15
Hugh x3!

Last year I watched I guy write a $60,000 check for a deposit on his Safari!

30-Jan-15
Bring your drinking shoes buddy ;-)

Call me when you get in town.

30-Jan-15
You got it Chris!

02-Feb-15
Jim,

I'll be there Wed/Thurs. I'll say hi if we cross paths in "the maze".

02-Feb-15
Don...You are everywhere! :) You gonna be at P&Y in April?

02-Feb-15
Don, I will keep an eye out for you.

02-Feb-15
Don't forget the auctions They go on everyday in the afternoon. And they have free BEER! Often the hunts go at a big discount especially by the Friday and Saturday auctions. There are lots of Hunts in South Africa and I have seen them go at 50 cents on the $$ or even less. If you do your homework and look at the auction schedule and your already are thinking of Africa (or other places, too) there can be some pretty good deals.

02-Feb-15
Kota man,

yes I'm seriously flirting with the idea of going to P&Y yes. If it's in the budget, of course.

02-Feb-15
FWIW, I'm not going to make it and will have my pass sitting at will call. If a Bowsiter wants to use mine for free admission just PM me.

I don't recall how it works whether its only good for Wed/Th- the days i was going or the whole show.....you will have to check that

• Sitka Gear