Medicinemann 04-Mar-15
Toby 14-Apr-15
Db1 14-Apr-15
elmer@laptop 15-Apr-15
Toby 15-Apr-15
Toby 15-Apr-15
Toby 15-Apr-15
04-Feb-15
Amigos i will be hunting muskox in a couple of months and will like to know any advice regarding bow care during this hunt. Do I have to keep it in his cover/carrier (like Primos)? What about bring it inside the cabin in the night or leave it? Keep the arrow in the quiver or they will froze? I haven´t hunt in the type of weather that we will facing up north so any advice will be welcome

04-Feb-15
talk to Jake "Medicineman" Ensign, he has some experience in extreme cold bow hunting and equipment care. Also, do you have braces on your teeth by any chance? ;)

04-Feb-15
Very good point you bring up Fuz:)

04-Feb-15
I have hunted in -40 here in nodak and did nothing different except wear more clothes. Bow went from normal temps (in the car) to cold temps when I got out and I did not have a problem. Thats my experience

04-Feb-15
I kept my bows in a hard case the whole time and never had an issue. Would not bring them in and out of your tent/cabin. Once cold, I would leave them that way. Both range finders froze on me and wouldn't work. The pizza Warner bag worked great for all the other gear and cameras. Wish I would of put my range finders in there too. Awesome hunt. Have fun and bring meat home or like jake says, ship it to me! Take a look at jake aka medicineman prior muskox and polar bear hunt treads...lots of great info that he shared that is spot on. Tell us about the trip when you get back

04-Feb-15

Bou'bound's embedded Photo
there are some awesome thread on those hunts. I actually loved it so much i hunted in 2011 and went back in 2013. it is an adventure with a hunt stuck in the middle of it.

you will keep bows in hard case and travel with the case in the sled. leave outside at all times and you will be fine.

04-Feb-15
+2 what Bou said. You will have a great time. I didn't find the sled ride too bad but I also had some great padding.

05-Feb-15
Thanks guys. I hope to share with you some pictures of nice muskox!!

06-Feb-15
Bou...is that a cooler on the sled behind you? If so...why? lol

07-Feb-15

the cooler was to keep the fish in.

09-Feb-15
Bou: Seems like a bucket would have worked as well to keep the fish in frozen condition!

04-Mar-15
1 month to go!!!! Just can´t wait to go north

04-Mar-15
The cooler might be to put the muskox meat in....if they were going out on a muskox hunt. Be sure to take a box of plastic bags with you. Pack one to three pounds of meat per bag. Then, if at the airport, your meat is a couple pounds over, you can remove a small package of meat, put it in your carry on, and save some money....without having to remove a 10 pound roast....

14-Apr-15
Just return from my hunt with CNO. Great adventure and got a nice muskox.

14-Apr-15
Let's see it and hear about the trip!

15-Apr-15
Give us the story and photos!!*

15-Apr-15

Toby's embedded Photo
Toby's embedded Photo
Here is the picture

15-Apr-15

Toby's embedded Photo
Toby's embedded Photo

15-Apr-15
Nice hunt. We get it in the first morning around 10:45. Easy stalk, and a 37 yards shoot. Complete pass trough, a 10 yards recover. Outstanding services from Shane and all CNO group.

• Sitka Gear