TD 06-May-15
keith 06-May-15
keith 06-May-15
ollie 06-May-15
Mad Trapper 06-May-15
Bigpizzaman 06-May-15
Spiral Horn 06-May-15
08-Feb-15
Just got back from Vegas from the SCI convention. Anyone have any good recommendations for a non trophy elephant archery hunt? I know about niel summers zimbabwe deal, but who do I compare that to. I don't see Anything wrong with Niel's hunt, and Niel is a great guy, just seeing what else is out there. Planning on going in 2016. Thanks to you guys in advance. I asked at the show but of course "we can do archery elephant no problem" but they never have done it. Just trying to get some feedback. Thanks in advance

08-Feb-15
The last that I knew, elephant bowhunting was all but stopped in Africa, short of paying BIG dollars.....the one country that still allowed an elephant bowhunt was Zimbabwae.

09-Feb-15
Can't bring ivory home so I guess you would say they are all non-trophy hunts. I know prices have dropped.

09-Feb-15

Firehuntfish's Link
Bsaw, PM sent....

09-Feb-15
My only recommendation is to do it ASAP, it's an AMAZING hunt and may not be available much longer!

09-Feb-15
I'm definitely following this thread. The best option seems to be Zimbabwe for price/success. There are non-exportable hunts in the Caprivi, but they seem to run about 4K more than the ones in Zim.

09-Feb-15
I saw non-export hunts at the show for $8k to $10k were common and that was meals, day rates, and everything. However, these were rifle hunts but some of the outfitters said they could do it with a bow. That's not really what I'm looking for. I'd rather pay more and get someone that has done it before. I returned some pm. Thanks guys. Please post any other good info.

10-Feb-15
Namibia (Caprivi) does not allow taking elephant with archery gear. Best bet is Zim. I did mine with CMS and was not disappointed.

JCHB

10-Feb-15
confused. Is it allowed now?

05-May-15
JCHB, who's is CMS? And for those that have done it, send me some reputable PHs in Zim. Still trying to figure out how to check my PM.

05-May-15
Zim and tanzania are the only places to allow elephant bowhunting Im aware of. All zim elephants are non importable. Tanzania requires booking a 21 day safari but is importable. Expect it to cost $100k+ but they did remove the extra fee for bowhunting this year I believe.

South Africa and Namibia have importable elephant but no rifle. Mozambique isnt importable and no archery if I recall correctly. Im not sure on the jungle countries for forest elephant with a bow but its dangerous and way more expensive than Zim.

Bottom line is go to Zim now if you want an elephant and are ok with replica tusks

05-May-15
Yup :<

05-May-15
I still can't check PMs. I called and got a recording. I googled and asked help desk and nothing. I don't see how to log out? I can't find anything on how to check PM? Sorry guys but I am obviously illiterate.

05-May-15
ebola

05-May-15
Your PM's are here:

http://forums.bowsite.com/TF/bgforums/Myprivatemessages.cfm?bcrid=382009

Also found as shown below, on the main forums page.

PS: They only keep the last 30 day's worth of PM's on the site.

06-May-15
Pat x2.

Staying at home on election day is nearly as bad. Only half stupid....

06-May-15
It's a friggin' elephant! Aren't they all trophies?

06-May-15
It's a friggin' elephant! Aren't they all trophies?

06-May-15
"Staying at home on election day is nearly as bad. Only half stupid...."

Perhaps that's because "our" side is just as bad. Perhaps worse because they lie to us and tell us they are on our side. They tell us what we want to hear to make it through the primaries and once elected fail to do what they said they will do and fail to offer any resistance to the President and his runaway disaster bus that is taking us over the cliff. "Holding your nose" and voting for the lesser of two evils is not much inspiration to participate on election day.

06-May-15
Pat pretty much summed it up. Harsh but so true. They are not winning by much, but they are winning. We could change it at the ballot box, but sadly I expect that won't happen.

06-May-15
Alberta will be next, they just voted some "Crayon Eaters" into office!

06-May-15
My buddy arrowed one in Zim last year - sent you a PM with the outfitter's contact info.

• Sitka Gear