foxwillkill 31-Mar-15
Alexis Desjardins 01-Apr-15
foxwillkill 02-Apr-15
INbowdude 02-Apr-15
foxwillkill 02-Apr-15
03-Mar-15

foxwillkill's embedded Photo
foxwillkill's embedded Photo
7 of us headed to Shiloh Ranch last weekend. 4 were 1st time hog hunters. Everyone was successful the 1st evening. Weather was a little rough. 20s and windy at arrival on Thursday. That was the nice day. Snowed Friday and Saturday, never got out of the 20s. We left 6 in of snow on the ground and drove in it all the way home. Drove past a 30 car pile up in Rolla MO. That all said. Everyone in the party is talking about when a return trip can be planned. Couldn't have been treated better. Matt and Cheryl top notch.

03-Mar-15
WOW! NICE hog!

03-Mar-15
Thanks, I ate some of the breakfast sausage this morning it was great.

03-Mar-15
Congrats! Nice hog. You had a rare opportunity to hunt Shiloh in the snow. I've gone down there a time or two and have never had the chance to hunt the hogs in the snow.

04-Mar-15
The snow was beautiful. The drive home was another thing. The 2 boys and I love to hunt in snow. I live in Missouri, grew up in Kansas and spent 8 years in Alaska. The snow and cold was a little hard for the locals. The hogs moved like crazy ahead of the snow. The 7 of us saw over 100 hogs Thursday evening.

04-Mar-15
Glad you guys had a good time. They run a top notch operation. I've quite a bit of experience down there too. Matt & Cheryl are very nice, hardworking people with a very well run operation. Never hunted hogs in the snow, and don't care to, but I'm getting soft in my old age.

21-Mar-15
We need more hog pics from Shiloh!

21-Mar-15
Do you do spot and stalk or hunt over bait?

21-Mar-15
Sorry for the lack of pictures and posts here lately. Some of you may be aware of the anti hog hunting legislation we've been so actively fighting here lately. We've finally put that behind us and are now working on recovering from the flu. We hope to be back on our feet soon. It's rough when we both get sick at the same time!

Congratulations on your very successful hunt Kendall! It was nice meeting you and the other guys, and hope to share a campfire with you again sometime.

Habujohn- you can hunt by whichever method you choose if you're hunting with archery gear. We don't allow any stalking with firearms for safety reasons. If you have a group of five or more you can book the entire ranch to yourselves, so you won't have to worry about others on the ranch and conflicts with hunting methods. We encourage our hunters to communicate with each other as most folks choose to do one or the other since stalking can impact the success around the baited stand locations. We have some groups where the folks that like to hunt stands hunt on the south side of the creek, and the stalkers hunt the north side (or vice versa), that way nobody walks under a stand unintentionally.

21-Mar-15
When I retire, I'm going to parlay my junior apprentice rookie guide status to be an official Shiloh photographer/videographer for all your clients.

22-Mar-15
We're going back. Just reserved the last weekend in March next year. Three of us are returning from this year and two newbies. Great time between deer and turkey season.

30-Mar-15
Very nice!

30-Mar-15
Will get your blood foxwillkill so be careful. We were there end of February, will be there in June then again in February of 2016 then again in June....well you see where I'm going with this. LOL

31-Mar-15
Seems like we need to add another date in there somewhere.

31-Mar-15
If it wasn't for work and a wife and a kid in college that needs a car we could make that happen INbowdude.

31-Mar-15
I feel ya brother. Going to have to figure out how to make this a school field trip so I can chaperon.

31-Mar-15
It was a great time. But I will turkey Missouri and Kansas this next month. Several Catfish tournments this year, Deer hunt Missouri and Kansas and Maybe KY. Might fit in Alaska Moose in Sept. Another couple of hog hunting trips might fill the year out.

01-Apr-15
Nice hog that must be a blast hunting them.

02-Apr-15
Yes it was a blast and you ought to give Shiloh Ranch a try if at all possible. Couldn't have been treated better.

02-Apr-15
Did you use the processor?

02-Apr-15
Yes we did use the processor there. Was happy with his work.It was ready for the freezer when we arrived at home. The only thing I will change next time, I will have him leave the backstraps whole.

• Sitka Gear