chasin bugles 09-May-15
Esau 18-Jun-15
woodguy65 18-Jun-15
woodguy65 18-Jun-15
woodguy65 18-Jun-15
David A. 15-May-19
PushCoArcher 15-May-19
14-Mar-15
I'm considering trying Shuttle T-Lock Broadheads but am concerned about sharpening them. I have shot NAP Hellrazors in the past and have been able to get really nice edges with them. Ive seen Trophy Takers video on this and I'm not sold I could sharpen them to satisfaction.

I would like to hear the thoughts on this from the Shuttle T users on this. Thanks fellas.

14-Mar-15
My wife has killed a bunch with them great blood trails, but sharpening tough we just by replacement blades

14-Mar-15
buy the replacement blades.

14-Mar-15
Very accurate and great flying broadheads.

I've sharpened them.

14-Mar-15
Justin, How do you sharpen and with what?

14-Mar-15
I used the Shuttle T's from 2006 when they came out until the Terminal T's came out 4 years ago. Terminal T's are straight blades and easily sharpen and are replaceable. I've killed over 100 big game animals with these heads since 2006! C

14-Mar-15
Charlie, have you had any experience with marginal/bad shots and the terminal t's? Wondering how they hold up hitting bone, shoulders etc. I shoot slick trick mag 125 and am looking for something with a non vented blade that is as tough as the ST

14-Mar-15
Dave B: Unfortunately I have lots of experience with bone hits. See attached video on this spine shot elk. Lousy shot but he went right down. Blades are thick and I've never had one break, small chips yes and then I replace. I like re-sharpenable, replaceable, three blades with low profile and fly like field points. I even use them with my recurve with weight added behind the broad head. C

14-Mar-15
Aaron, give me a call anytime, I'll let you know my process.

14-Mar-15
Aaron, give me a call any time.

I'll give you the short version though. 1- buy slicktricks. 2- go hunting.

;)

--Jim

14-Mar-15
I've got a little broadhead sharpen that I use.

The solid blades make them tough when hitting solid things.

14-Mar-15
If you want to sharpen your own - VPA. If you want to replace blades - Trophy Taker T-locks or Shuttle T's. Its that simple. Top shelf heads. Don't over-think it. You just cant go wrong with either.

15-Mar-15
The shuttles are a great flying, super tough head. I've taken elk, moose, bear, caribou, deer , antelope ,etc. with them . BUT, they are dull when you buy them and just as dull after any method I've tried to sharpen them. The performance on both targets and game is great , even though I can't get them razor sharp.

15-Mar-15
From the dings I've seen in the blades on those shuttle Ts I think you can sharpen them pretty easy if you put them in a jig and use a fine diamond on them.

15-Mar-15

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
If you can't sharpen the terminal T blades (straight) there's no hope:)

I've also had some rather good blood trails.

15-Mar-15
I had some terminal t's that I liked a lot but after shooting them some I would get a blade that would rattle and be loose. I tried every combo of head, blades, and o rings but just couldn't get it to tighten up and then they wouldn't spin for me. Anyone else notice this?

15-Mar-15
Why are you switching from the hell razors?

15-Mar-15
Worked great for me on several critters. Switched because I don't think they are very sharp and they are a PITA to sharpen. That said, they killed as good as anything else I'd guess and they are very accurate.

15-Mar-15
ESP - I like the Hellrazors but I am looking to try something different.

15-Mar-15
Nick What are you using now for a broadhead?

15-Mar-15
Solids mainly. Likely use rages for bears this spring.

15-Mar-15
Oh no you didn't.....was that the "R" word?

--Jim

16-Mar-15
Its all a use.

17-Mar-15
They are really no more difficult to sharpen than anything else with an edge. I use a simple carbide sharpener. Take the blades out of the broad head set up and sharpen each one individually with the sharpener. They won't feel really sharp due to how thick the blades are, but they will be plenty sharp. I have gone as far as taking a dremel tool with a fine grit bit to them, but that was really unnecessary. The carbide sharpener does plenty well enough.

17-Mar-15
They really solved the sharpness issues with the Black Ops versions

17-Mar-15
I have never sharpened or touched them up. Just screwed them on straight out of the box and I have been getting awesome blood trails with them.

17-Mar-15
I have shot shuttle t for several years now and had great results. The only thing I wish is the blades were sharper.

17-Mar-15
When I shot a compound, these broad heads are the best. I would highly recommend them to anyone. They fly wonderful at distances over 60 yards and they put devastating hits on all my animals. I have hit them everywhere, and these broad heads never let me down.

10-Apr-15
I killed a blacktail at 60 yards with the Shuttle-T. It flies great from my setup and caused some devastating damage. Buck ran 30 yards and expired, very happy with them.

I just buy the replacement blades.

10-Apr-15
On deer size game it doesn't really matter. On larger game I personally won't ever use them again. In a perfect shot world they work but in the event of penetrating bone every time isn't the case. They do fly great though. I prefer a heavier two blade. Magnus stingers have worked great on larger game and warranty is second to none. It's all about accuracy and penetration. That's what kills.

10-Apr-15
I am going to give these a go this year. I like fooling with broadheads and I have never shot these. I really like my VPAs and Magnus but I am going to give these a try. I have full confidence in their effectiveness. I have numerous people who I trust wholeheartedly who are big believers in these heads.

10-Apr-15

petedrummond's embedded Photo
petedrummond's embedded Photo
My daughter killed this eland with a 50 lb bow in 2012. Killed a zebra and gemsbok too. Nothing went over 80 yards. They kill real good!

06-May-15
Shot Shuttle-Ts for a number of years and took quite a few animals. In the end my search for the right BH is always a balancing act between flight, cut/penetration (on game), and structural integrity. Although I really liked the flight, the blade and overall design just did not cut well enough to keep from searching for something that gave me greater confidence. So, from time to time I experimented with other heads.

I tried RamCats, Slick Tricks, VPAs, and a host of others. In the end found that QAD Exodus had the right-stuff for me. They've been my Go-to head for the past few years -- taken quite a few animals and they have never disappointed, including several trips to New Zealand and Africa (PHs were very impressed with the results). Bowhunting is as much a mental game as it is technical, so I try to use the stuff that gives the most confidence.

06-May-15
I have no personal experience with the shuttle-t's, but a good friend of mine killed a decent bull with one last year. It was quite the story. I scouted for 35 days before the hunt (yes my wife was pissed). My friend showed up without shooting his bow even once since the year previous (I know I know), and didn't scout once. He pulled his bow out of the case, put a shuttle-t on and took a shot, at the target in camp, at 20 yards. He barely hit the target. He took another shot at 30 with similar results. At 40 he was dead nuts 5 shots in a row. So he put his blind up exactly 40 yards from the tank I told him to sit. The opening night of the hunt, he shot a bull quartering to him. It went though the front shoulder, through the heart, through a lung, and through a rib on the way out. It was a complete pass through. The bull went 70 yards and expired. It looked like someone took 5 gallons of blood and sprayed it everywhere from the point of impact to where the bull lay dead. The blades were a little nicked up, but the bh looked to be in great condition none the less. I on the other hand, hunted all 14 days, and ate tag soup. Lol. :(

06-May-15
I dont know much about the shuttle T's. I have heard great things though.

I do have a question about them being sharp. Is it the edge angle that makes them appear dull? I know VPA's can seem dull but its the angle that makes it appear that way.

06-May-15
I will say ive had a few T-locks come out of the box a little less than as sharp as Id like. Have always been able to get them where I need them to be with a little work though. Even so I'm sold on them. They've been absolute bone crushers for me. I shoot 125s and have had pass throughs on literally every animal I've shot with them including a moose and a few elk. Got to try one out on a mountain goat last year and he only went 10 yards, most of it rolling. At this point the last thing I would change on my entire bow setup are my T-locks!

06-May-15
Also, are you kidding me Charlie with that footage?! What an encounter!

09-May-15
Also, are you kidding me Charlie with that footage?! What an encounter!

09-May-15
I will say ive had a few T-locks come out of the box a little less than as sharp as Id like. Have always been able to get them where I need them to be with a little work though. Even so I'm sold on them. They've been absolute bone crushers for me. I shoot 125s and have had pass throughs on literally every animal I've shot with them including a moose and a few elk. Got to try one out on a mountain goat last year and he only went 10 yards, most of it rolling. At this point the last thing I would change on my entire bow setup are my T-locks!

18-Jun-15
Check out these guys!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8E8vt9xHpM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9zJ_VZ9N8c

18-Jun-15

woodguy65's embedded Photo

18-Jun-15

18-Jun-15
"I had some terminal t's that I liked a lot but after shooting them some I would get a blade that would rattle and be loose. I tried every combo of head, blades, and o rings but just couldn't get it to tighten up and then they wouldn't spin for me. Anyone else notice this?"

Yes on the Shuttle T's.

15-May-19
Just got some 125 gr. Trophy Taker Shuttle T Locks...sorry to report they blades were not sharp at all. Wouldn't cut hair and even press down pretty hard with my fingers, they wouldn't even cut the skin.

15-May-19
I used them for awhile and loved them but a few years ago the product quality went downhill IMO. The last set I bought was in the summer of 2017 and when compared to some older ones I still had I could tell the difference. Killed one doe with the new ones and it ruined the broadhead not just the blades to be fair I hit the offside shoulder.

• Sitka Gear