Bowfreak 26-Mar-15
Forest bows 26-Mar-15
Brotsky 26-Mar-15
Forest bows 26-Mar-15
Neb_Bowhuntin' 20-Apr-15
INbowdude 20-Apr-15
Neb_Bowhuntin' 22-Apr-15
24-Mar-15
Well my daughter is turning 9 she is into hunting and I need to fan the fla,es while I cam! I was looking at a muzzy Iowa deer hunt but population seem to be down and the hunt is in the coldest part of winter. I got to thinking that I could probably do a hog hunt for the same cost as just the deer tags!

So where can I take my wife, daughter and me on a hog hunt? I would like to stay around 600 to 800 per person and would prefer smaller meat hogs as opposed to big stinky board, etc.

I have heard of razor ridge creek hog hunts. They are all bow. I would prefer an all bow place except my daughter can not pull any weight yet!

I am not sure of archery only places allow crossbows?

I also do not want a canned hunt where we can all 3 sit in different stands and see the fences etc.

Thanks for the help!

25-Mar-15
Caryonah in TN

25-Mar-15
Come on down to No mercy would love to have ya!

25-Mar-15
Shiloh is very kid friendly and allows crossbows. Ground blinds as well as stands. Give Matt & Cheryl a shout.

Best of luck. Good dad to take a kid hunting.

25-Mar-15
If you want the real deal, no fences, top notch accommodation, food, and hospitality, you would be well served with Rob Keibler at Fair Chase in southwest Texas. Top notch, certainly family friendly, should be in your $ range and should be warmish even in the winter!

You can't go wrong with Rob.

--Jim

25-Mar-15
Yes, No Mercy is a Bowsite Sponsor.

25-Mar-15
I've done Shiloh Ranch and they are excellent. I can give you a review on No Mercy, by the end of April

25-Mar-15
If you and your wife both hunt and all you want are meat hogs I'll let your daughter hunt for free

25-Mar-15
Well there ya' go coelker hard to beat that offer!

26-Mar-15

Quinn @work's embedded Photo
Quinn @work's embedded Photo
I would recommend taking Forest Bows up on that offer. My 11 year old son and I just got back from No Mercy and had a wonderful time. My son shot 3 hogs and missed one big boar. We had the pleasure of hunting with 3 of their guides while we were there and they all were great and put us on hogs. It was nice because I could bow hunt and he rifle hunted. They took good care of us and do whatever it takes for the kids to have a successful, fun hunt. There were quite a few guys hunting when we were there due to it being the "season" and spring break. Quite a few kids and everyone we spoke with were very pleased and took home hogs. It also isn't a bad drive from CO. Took us 9 hours from Denver.

26-Mar-15
That's a very generous offer. I'm a Shiloh Ranch veteran, but having dealt with several Bowsite sponsors, all have given me good value and good service. Forest Bows has been here many years, and I'm sure is a straight shooter.

If I were in your shoes, I'd be calling No Mercy and setting up a hunt for the first practical date. (Shiloh's booked up months if not over a year out.)

26-Mar-15
I want more bow hunters period! I want more kids hunting with any weapon most of all.

26-Mar-15
Forest,

We will talk soon. I have a 9 yr old girl with an itchy trigger finger.

26-Mar-15
LETS DO IT!!!

26-Mar-15
Wow, that is a great offer Forest! I might have, well I KNOW I have a wife and daughter that would be interested in something like that in the future!

26-Mar-15
Pigs will die!!

20-Apr-15
Check out HUNTERS CREEK RANCH in Mt Vernon Texas.

We have guys that bring their kids down every year and have a blast! The place is set up awesome! And hard to beat the prices. Lodging and meals are included!! 2 pigs per day!!

Check em out on the website!!

If you have any questions or want more info..pm me!!

Shoot Str8 and stay safe

Jeff

20-Apr-15
Jeff, You're alive! Haven't seen you post in some time.

22-Apr-15
Hey mike, Yup alive and well...don't get on here much any more! But when I do, I sure like to check out what pigs are being killed at Shiloh.

One day may have. To check out ole matts place! Only problem is that the prices for 1 piggy is too steep for my blood. I'm a poor ole firefighter and we have guys in our group that bring their kids with them to hunt. That would be over $1000 for them to hunt and only get 3-4 pigs! ..costly. For a dad and 2 kids!

This new place we go to in Texas allows 2 pigs a day for only $250/day and it includes lodging and 3 meals a day!

I just may have to head down to Shiloh by myself and check it out so I can compare apples to apples. Haha

Take care...and happy hunting this year. Always fun to read about your adventures!!

Shoot Str8 and Stay Safe

Jeff

• Sitka Gear