RK 29-Mar-15
INbowdude 30-Mar-15
Chip T. 30-Mar-15
Brotsky 30-Mar-15
Fuzzy 01-Apr-15
Arrowflinger 01-Apr-15
gideon87 05-Apr-15
29-Mar-15
Just returned from a fantastic Spring Break hunt at Shiloh Ranch. As all "Bowsiters" have been proclaiming for years, Matt & Cheryl were great hosts. Their guest house was a great place to stay and had everything we needed. Madison, our 14 year old daughter, mostly hung out, baked, cooked and read at the house while we hunted. My wife (Christy), 12 yr old daughter (Hannah), 10 year old son (Ben) and I saw hogs every time out. My wife harvested a meat sow, my daughter a large sow and my son a big black hawaiian ram. I missed mine (cleanly)! We had the kids as shooters for 90% of the sits, as this trip was about them. The ground blinds were perfect for a parent/child sit and we had plenty of options for each wind direction. Those hogs are as wild as it gets. I've never seen an animal so spooky and jittery! The wind swirls and they'll flush like a flock of birds! On 2 different occasions, we had 10-20 hogs within 20 yards and Ben couldn't seal the deal due to #1- not having another hog behind it and #2- it cutting back and forth too quickly- then in the blink of an eye, every one was gone! I was proud that he waited- even though it twice left him empty handed! So 3 clean kills and 1 clean miss for the 3 days. We had good hogs within 20 yards almost every hunt. We booked to return over Christmas break and the kids couldn't stop talking about it on the ride home! Good people, good lodging and good hunting!

Dave Fulton Lawrenceburg, IN (worth the 12+ hr drive)

29-Mar-15
Pics, Dave. WE need pictures! Congrats to all the family.

29-Mar-15
Yes on the pics ! Love me some deceased hogs !

29-Mar-15

Family Man's embedded Photo

29-Mar-15

29-Mar-15

29-Mar-15

29-Mar-15

29-Mar-15
Geez. With that title I thought Obama showed up. lol

Congrats guys.

29-Mar-15
I included the pic with Cheryl and the kids on the Kubpta because, for those of you who are parents of hunting kids, you understand how important the mood and attitudes of the hosts can dictate the "fun factor". Our kids took to Matt and Cheryl like their own grandparents!

29-Mar-15
Sorry, Ziek. We're far from that important! Didn't intend to mislead...

29-Mar-15
Ziek x2 The thread title made me do a double take!

29-Mar-15
What an incredible Ram. Super gold medal

You guys did great. There are none better than Shiloh !

Thanks for sharing and good job on getting it done

30-Mar-15
Great pics. Awesome ram. Love to see the kids getting involved and I know Cheryl really enjoys the kids in camp and out in the field. What great parents to let their children enjoy the outdoors and have an awesome learning environment. The camp and the house will give them memories to last a lifetime. OR the next time they go to Shiloh.

BTW, as a school teacher, you could combine a trip to Shiloh with my classes. I'm almost sure I could get them an Econ and Government high school credit for the cost of tagging along on a hunt.

Congrats again to your family and Grandma and Grandpa Napper!

30-Mar-15
A quick read of the title and I thought that Shiloh was really in dire straits for clients:) Glad you had a great time!!

30-Mar-15
Thanks for sharing David! Looks like you guys had a grea time! I'm waiting for my youngest to get another year older then we're going to do a trip like this! Congrats on a great hunt and a great family!

31-Mar-15
Congratulations to you and your family Dave! It was our pleasure to host your hunt and get to visit with you all. Please tell Madison thank you again for the birthday cake she shared with us. It's a long story that we'll share with you next time, but that ended up being the only "meal" we had until 11:30 that night.

Oh, and wish her a belated birthday from us too.

-Matt and Cheryl

01-Apr-15
that is awesome, love the pics, great family time!

01-Apr-15
Congrats to you and your family! I really like hunting at Shiloh and have been many times. I will be going back next month to hunt with some friends. Looking forward to it! Shiloh is the best for hog hunting1 and Matt and Cheryl are also the best!

05-Apr-15
its awesome to see kids getting involed

• Sitka Gear