DonVathome 14-Apr-15
Drnaln 14-Apr-15
Stick Man 14-Apr-15
Quinn @work 15-Apr-15
bowbearman 15-Apr-15
bowbearman 15-Apr-15
TXCO 15-Apr-15
03-Apr-15
Sent my big 3 checks off to CO the 1st week of March, all the same day, different envelopes of course. Sheep and moose checks were cashed over a week ago. Still waiting for goat to be cashed...anyone else out there in a similar situation?

Imagine the $ the DOW could save by not mailing everyone a couple of printed brochures. They wait until a week before the deadline and make an application available that you can print off their website...how much sense does that make? Why not have that available from day 1, and stop sending out the brochure? Save the printing cost and postage and put it to use somewhere else.

03-Apr-15
The check clearing method is not very reliable. There's no rhyme or reason to the timing of CPW depositing the checks. For the past several years, I've been sending my apps in by certified mail so I can track it on-line. Costs 5 or 6 dollars each, but IMO is worth it for the for peace of mind. Here's the record of my sheep app arriving this week:

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction!input.action?tLabels=70131710000116670302

Regarding the on-line printable apps, I understand they don't want to encourage a lot of those, since they run the apps through a scanner to read them, and the home-printed ones may not scan properly, causing more work.

03-Apr-15
Makes too much sense for a government agency to change! There really is no reason they can't allow online cc payment either. That would save errors and labor to process checks and apps. The already have the whole system set up.

03-Apr-15
Ok I'm confused! Are non-residents not allowed to use the online system to apply for some of the tags?

03-Apr-15
I think they could save. But it also limits people putting in. I think it makes people more accountable and serious. If you can do it online so many people will just put in and the odds with go thru the roof.

03-Apr-15
Oldgoat-Mail in only. But they provide an application you can print off the web site and mail in vs tearing it out of the brochure. That popped up within a week of the deadline, if it is good enough to use now I was just wondering why it isn't available the day the brochure comes out.

I used to do the certified mail thing, and I did sleep better at night...might have to go back to that, but I am pretty tight and don't like to throw $18 out the window when I can do it for $1 either.

03-Apr-15
There's literally another thread about this on the 1st page that also started with a question about the paper apps and also quickly derailed into a discussion about their system and its effect on the odds of drawing...

03-Apr-15
oldgoat - For CO, NR must submit paper apps for moose, goat, and sheep. The other big game apps can be done online.

07-Apr-15
Well, you guys got me thinking. So, I checked to see if my checks for sh and gt pp's were cashed. They were not.

I then called the Co P&W, the women checked my account and theres no record yet for my apps, and really nothing they can do but wait. Hope all is right.

Bill V.

07-Apr-15
I was really worried about my apps for a few weeks but they finally cashed my checks a week or two ago. I was relieved. I called and they told me there was no way they could check on it either

08-Apr-15
A) my goat check has yet to cash too while sheep was 2 weeks ago. I called and got nothing. B) its a giant waste of DOW money to have to hire staff to handle and input all the paper applications and then print and mail all the refunds. I agree it might be slightly better odds and can even see the argument of paying with a CC full fee upfront to avoid getting burned but come on, its too expensive and burdensome to single out one group. Postage, paper and people cost money.

08-Apr-15
Applications are electronically processed by scanning. Refunds and licenses are also electronically managed. There are 3 employees working in the limited license division and easily handle the workload.

08-Apr-15
If only the USPS could be so effective! !

09-Apr-15
So bottom line- Ive had my sheep check cashed weeks ago but no goat check cashed? Who has had their goat check cashed?

09-Apr-15
I sent goat, moose & sheep in on March 10th. They cashed sheep check March 26th, moose check April 8th & haven't cashed the goat check yet.

09-Apr-15
Ok, at least Im not alone! Hope nothing bad happens.

09-Apr-15
Same here too...still.

Online apps with a debit card only would solve this problem and make the argument about credit card fees irrelevant. Debit cards are the modern day version of a check.

When I am at Wal-Mart and I see someone break out a check they are all old people, probably the same people making the decisions at the DOW. They will retire someday and things will change, the younger generation won't let this fly when they start to hold positions that make decisions.

14-Apr-15
Check got cashed last night, 2 months to the day after I sent it off.

14-Apr-15
Thanks for the update and the encouraging sign. Mine is still floating in the breeze.

14-Apr-15
You do not want CC apps for NR, it would double the number of apps.

14-Apr-15
My goat check was cashed yesterday & I sent it in on March 10th. I wish all the states were money up front, require a license to apply & only took Cashiers Checks!

14-Apr-15
Sent mine in in February and it just got cashed today. Three months of interest the state lost out on. Wish they would run it like a business, and use what ever extra cash they could muster and put it to use for the huntable wildlife. Oh well, I guess.

15-Apr-15
Stick Man-

For some reason, someone may be able to elaborate on, the CPW is not allowed to collect interest on our tag fees. It doesn't makes sense to me. If they have our money they should at least be able to collect interest on it and HOPEFULLY put it towards wildlife management.

You NR"s don't want CC payment apps. Your odds will go down even more than they already are at.

15-Apr-15
They need to get with the times and have all the applications online!!!

Aaron

15-Apr-15
I replied before I totally read this post I guess your right the odds would go down sorry about that your right. Aaron

15-Apr-15
My check finally cashed 6 weeks later. I guess the scanners are back from vacation.

• Sitka Gear