Bigpizzaman 08-May-15
bghunter 08-May-15
bigswivle 08-May-15
spike buck 08-May-15
Chris Durando 09-May-15
bigswivle 09-May-15
03-May-15
Whose going?

Me and 8 buddies were all unsuccessful in the Phase 1 draw.

03-May-15
If I lived closer, I would go every year. I am on the wrong coast to like this so much.

03-May-15
Neither me or any of my buddies drew round 1 either. Kinda makes you wonder who got those tags. Will probably put in during second draw if anything near me left.

03-May-15
No gator but shark fishing in Sept

03-May-15
I drew lake lamonia. The sole reason I applied there was because it is one of the closest places to a cousin that lives in the panhandle. With new information I actually had planned to restructure my application but when I thought about it, it was late on the 30th and I had no internet connection.

A bit of research suggests that it isn't one of the better locations for gators in Florida. I did however, find a few that said it had some really big ones, who knows, but I wouldn't think that state stats lie.

If anyone has any information, good or bad, about lake lamonia, I would greatly appreciate a PM.

To make matters worse, it was my second choice, so I must have been pretty high in the ranks of the drawing process. I don't know exactly how the drawings work in Florida, but I say this because my cousin, who is a resident, also applied and used the exact same choices I did, and he didn't draw anything. From what I understand, only 10 percent of tags go to nonresidents. Actually some clarification of this, as well as their drawing process would be appreciated and interesting.

04-May-15
There is no resident or non-resident distribution. It is all random draw.

04-May-15
Thanks NY Bowman. I was told that the special permit opportunities hunts were allocated 10 percent to the nonresident, so I assumed that alligator would be the same.

That better explains why my cousin as a resident wouldn't drawn when I did.

05-May-15
I'd like to see them go to a preference point system like some of the Western states. I personally haven't drawn a tag in 5 years. Fortunately, people I hunt with have.

05-May-15
Looking at one now, trying to get dates right!

05-May-15
BPM,

Are you looking at a tag....or a gator?!!

05-May-15
BPM

Was last gator you took not big enough :), or do I see a gator pizza in the works

05-May-15
My son drew a very good tag so maybe this year we will get Godzilla! Mike

05-May-15

Bigpizzaman's embedded Photo
Bigpizzaman's embedded Photo
Mine was just over 12' looks like some 13 footers are around this year! Upgrade???? Just about out of meat!'

06-May-15
Good luck Mike I hope you get a giant.

06-May-15

Chris Durando's embedded Photo
Chris Durando's embedded Photo
If anyone gets Okeechobee south I know where there's a 13 footer. But if you get him I want my treble hook from last year back. Here's our 2014 11 footer from Okeechobee south.

06-May-15
BPM,

Plus an excuse to go hunting again too.

08-May-15

Bigpizzaman's Link
Alligators-1 Humans-1

Time to hunt more of them!~

08-May-15
Now that is an odd one to say the least

08-May-15
Been trying to draw some of our STAs(storm water treatment area) for two years now. I've lived here since I popped out of the womb 35 years ago and still can't get drawn.

08-May-15

spike buck's embedded Photo
spike buck's embedded Photo
Everglades off Aligator Alley.

09-May-15
Haha John,I'm a native too and I cant even draw an STA duck permit in Florida!

09-May-15
STAs are full of 12'+ gators. Drives me nuts

• Sitka Gear