Toby 26-Jun-15
Buffalo1 26-Jun-15
Buffalo1 26-Jun-15
Keith in colorado 10-Jul-15
PAstringking 13-Jul-15
Buffalo1 13-Jul-15
W.P. Archer 16-Jul-15
09-May-15
Alright. It's been far too quiet on this site. Who's going over this year?

09-May-15
Me and 3 buddies are leaving July 8th to hunt with Limcroma for 10 days. I'm beyond excited for my first hunt on the dark contienent !!!

09-May-15
My wife & I leave on July 10th and are going with Limcroma As well.

See you guys in camp JW!!

09-May-15

Firehuntfish's Link
I wish we could be there in July when you guys are there.... There's no telling what kind of fun we could have had.....On second thought, it's probably for the best that we are going in September..... I'm a bad influence..... I can't wait to hear the stories and see the pictures from your safaris.

09-May-15
Looking forward to it Troy! It would be great to have have you and the Mrs. There too Dan! Have a great time on your trip!

09-May-15
JW - You're going to have a great hunt at Limcroma. No need to worry. You picked the right safaris company.

09-May-15
leave June 30th... Coming up quick

10-May-15
3 of us are leaving June 9 for Namibia to hunt 10 days with Agagia. This will be my first trip to Africa. Getting very excited. Have a long list of critters I'm interested in. Found out last week that we will be the first hunters of the year. Buffalo 1 scheduled our hunt and he has a short list of trophy animals he wants. Wish us good luck!

10-May-15
I leave tuesday 12th for NZ south island.

10-May-15
I'm going with JW. And one of our group has never been on a plane.......... Good way to start for him.

11-May-15
Dang...I've just realised it's twelve years since my last hunt in RSA...

11-May-15
I'm going. August 18-28 with African Barefoot Safaris. First trip over. Getting ready to book flights tonight.

12-May-15
Wish I was going again this year, but it looks like I owe the Wife a European trip of her liking first.

P.S. Roger, You will have fun with Reon at Barefoot!

Also, for those going to Limcroma, you may want to ask where your groups will be located for hunting. Not all their camps are located near the rivers, with at least one that is over 2 hrs away from their primary two camps.

12-May-15
I'm headed over on June 16th to Zimbabwe for leopard and buffalo with a rifle and a bunch of plains game stuff with the bow.

It's my fifth trip to Zim and I can't wait.

12-May-15
Good luck to all. Limcroma is a great place, please send my regards to Hannes Hoyt with whom are you going for the leopard? This is an animal that i will like to hunt in the near future

12-May-15
I'm hunting with Thierry Labat. I've hunted with him four times already and he's a fantastic PH.

I considered doing the leopard with the bow but I'm concerned with possibly having to shoot at night and shoot at a leopard that is tugging on the bait and moving a fair amount.

Wounding a leopard (or anything for that matter) is not something I want to chance for various reasons.

It should be fun hunting a bunch of plains game with the bow though, I'm very excited for that.

13-May-15
Leaving on the 27th of July for my second trip to Namibia...

Tick tick tick!

13-May-15
Melorani in August

13-May-15
W.P. Archer - what outfitter and what kind of game are you hunting in Namibia?

14-May-15
Im going in a year (june 2016) and am wondering what you guys are seeing in costs for flights and which flights are best. Thanks

14-May-15
HoytSlinger, are you going to Mozambique or Zimbabwe with Thierry I just talked with him and seems to be a very honest and good guide. Please let me know how the hunt goes!!!! I am looking for Leopard and bushpig!!!

14-May-15
Heading out the first week of June to South Africa for my honeymoon! First trip ever so really getting excited!

15-May-15
Congrats Jake! That's fantastic. What outfitter are you going with, and does your new bride hunt as well?

15-May-15
Toby,

Going to Zimbabwe and hunting the Save Valley.

Thierry is a fantastic PH and an even better guy.

I've hunted with him 60 days or so in the past three years and I can't recommend him enough.

If you want a leopard, he is your guy in my opinion.

His success rate on big cats speaks for itself.

PM me if you want additional info.

15-May-15
Jake Awesome!! I'm going back in 2016!!

16-May-15
Limpopo Melaroni,,,,,,,,,,,,, >>>----> August.

20-May-15
Chris PM sent

26-May-15

Bud Meadows's embedded Photo
Bud Meadows's embedded Photo
I leave June 22 for 10 days in northern Namibia. Here's my kudu from my 2012 trip there:

29-May-15
Leave in 30 days for RSA. Excited to chase some Kudu in the mountains.

29-May-15
40 days till we fly out to RSA. Excited to hunt with my buddies and fellow Bowsiter T- Roy !

29-May-15
My son and I went in 2013 and have another trip next June. We chose Limcroma for our hunt. My son shot a warthog and an impala. I myself took a blue wildebeest. Unfortunately the kudu I shot was too high in the shoulder, but was never found. We can't wait for our next trip! Good luck on yours! Ps save a little more cash for trophy fees , you never know what will show up at the waterhole.

29-May-15
Yep. Gonna be here before you know it!!

30-May-15
Sorry Buffalo1, I missed your question...

We will be hunting here again:

http://www.ekuja-hunting-namibia.com

A lot of Aussies bow hunters have been and as mentioned, my second time around.

01-Jun-15

06-Jun-15
Just a courtesy FYI for anyone flying SAA from IAD to JNB. Did not witness any issues checking sports cases (as usual they were focused on weight). However, they were weighing all wheeled or hand carried carry-ons (the limit was 8kg), and those that did not comply were directed to checked baggage. Their policy was not to check weight on backpack style carry-ons, purses, computers, etc.

All of that said would still advise keeping the size of the backpack within reason - day pack size. If obviously overweight, it stil could be challlenged.

Hope this helps.

10-Jun-15
That's good info Spiralhorn, as I always pack my cameras, binds, rangefinders, etc. in my backpack for security reasons. Sometimes that pack gets pretty heavy..

We leave for Mozambique, the last two weeks of July, hunting with Mark Haldane of Zambezi Delta Safaris for Cape Buff and Sable.

It's been booked so long that the excitement has faded...been shooting the bow and started getting my stuff together. The excitement level should build as time gets closer.

15-Jun-15
Good Luck to all of you going to Africa this year The outfitters that you have selected are very good (personally I had hunted with Stewart in Melorani and with Hannes in Limcroma, both are Top guys) Please send a lot of pictures of your hunts HoytSlinger, also please let us know how your hunt with Thierry goes!!!

17-Jun-15
Medicineman, glad you're gonna get to go to Africa, even if not for elephant.

That trip we have been planning for over two years is a month off now. The bow/arrow setup that you and I discussed worked great on Australian Buff last summer so now we'll find out how it's gonna perform on a Cape. We leave for the Zambezi River Delta, Mozambique the 18th of next month.

We got our visas back from G3 this morning so things are coming together...shooting every day and finally getting excited.

17-Jun-15
20 days out for me. Can't wait to get there!

18-Jun-15
JW please send hello to Hannes and his crew You will have a great hunt for sure.

18-Jun-15

Toby's embedded Photo
Toby's embedded Photo

18-Jun-15

Toby's embedded Photo
Toby's embedded Photo
some pictures from Limcroma

18-Jun-15

Toby's embedded Photo
Toby's embedded Photo

20-Jun-15
Leaving July 7th for Cape Buffalo and Sable.

21-Jun-15
Now that's a fine hunt. Wish you luck!

22-Jun-15
T-minus 7 days!!

24-Jun-15

Ranger's embedded Photo
Ranger's embedded Photo
Took my youngest son over earlier this year to RSA. Was an incredible trip and awesome time together. He is hooked and is mentally still there. Sorry wasn't with the bow but next time will with the older boy when he graduates next year.

24-Jun-15
14 days out.

24-Jun-15
Just back yesterday with thread coming soon. In recovery mode at present.

26-Jun-15

MedicineMan's embedded Photo
Just back from my first of hopefully many trips to the Dark Continent. Had an incredible time and wish I was still there right now! Truly unbelievable place. I now understand why and how so many get hooked on Africa!

26-Jun-15

26-Jun-15

26-Jun-15

Really owe this trip to my new wife as she was okay with going to Africa for our honeymoon!

26-Jun-15

26-Jun-15
great pics MedicineMan!!!!! Congrats in your hunt!!! You are right, once you go to Africa, you need to go back again!!!

26-Jun-15
MedicineMan looks like y'all had a great time and collected some great trophies. Congrats

26-Jun-15
Africa 2015- See my thread "Agagia Hunting- The Namibian Jewel"

Tks

10-Jul-15
Hey guys, I posted a question on here awhile back and got a private message, I thought it was from the owner on Melaroni, but instead of copying it and emailing it to myself I read it and it went away. Can you please email me again with the name of the travel agency you recommended? Thanks

13-Jul-15

PAstringking's embedded Photo
PAstringking's embedded Photo
My wife enjoyed the trip with me...still a little jet lagged and ached from the 15 hour flight home.

13-Jul-15
Good pig there PAstringking. Congrats on a nice trophy.

16-Jul-15
Where were you and your wife hunting Medicineman ?

• Sitka Gear