Bowhuntak 30-Aug-15
wifishkiller 31-Aug-15
elmer@laptop 31-Aug-15
KHunter 02-Sep-15
rambows 11-Oct-15
rambows 11-Oct-15
rambows 11-Oct-15
19-May-15
I see I am well behind the curve. Congrats to all other tag holders! I was lucky enough to draw S49. I actually believed I would draw this tag at some point in my life but that didn't dull the excitement! I had 10 weighted points going in for those that are curious.

I hope to hunt the majority of the season. Living in Alaska will limit my ability to scout but I might make one long weekend.

Any information on the sheep in S49 would be appreciated and respected.

Thanks in advance to those willing to help. Kyle Wait Palmer, Alaska

19-May-15
Kyle,

Sounds like an opportunity for a hunt swap of some sort......someone can scout Colorado for you, and you can return the favor up in Alaska sometime......

19-May-15
Medicineman - I am not opposed to that but am fine with some friendly exchange of information. Thanks.

19-May-15
Hi Kyle, I could give you a few pointers as I have hunted twice and have assisted many others. If you do not have time to scout it will be more difficult. The sheep move around quite a bit. Their are private landowners that may grant better access but it is not a guarantee. DIY is possible but, as a NR I would recommend an outfitter. They keep tabs on the sheep and it will help your odds in the long run; if your time is limited.

Start by plotting all the kill data coordinates on Google Earth. That will give you a pretty good idea what you are in for.

Don

19-May-15

http://cpw.state.co.us/thingstodo/Pages/Statistics.aspx

Bighorn Sheep

Horn/Antler Measurements & Locations

19-May-15
I hunted there a while back. I just sent you a PM. Good luck

19-May-15
Rambows, Thank you for the link. I will start that now. I am a DIY guy whenever possible so I am going to go it alone for the most part. Might have some friends come in to help if time permits in their schedule. I do appreciate your help! Thank You.

JSW - Thank you for the PM. Now I just have to figure out how to find my PMs.....

100 degrees and snakes..... not the sheep hunting I am used to. Looking forward...

20-May-15
Bowhuntak,

Let's connect towards the end of the week and I'd be more than happy to help you out.

Blayne

20-May-15
Bowhuntak,

Let's connect towards the end of the week and I'd be more than happy to help you out.

Blayne

20-May-15
Bowhuntak,

Blayne

21-May-15
I hunted S49 in 2011 and would be glad to give you information about the unit as well.

It is a fun hunt!

Russ

21-May-15
Chukar

Thanks, look forward to talking with you.

30-Aug-15
I need to give a big thanks to the Bowhunters I met on my trip to Colorado. First I would like to thank RAMBOWS. Don was kind enough to drive down from the Springs and dedicate an entire day to help me. His knowledge of the zone and its sheep was detailed and proved accurate. I reached out to him via internet and phone several times throughout the hunt and he always took time to talk. Don, it was great to meet you and I appreciate the help. Deric Denny was another tag holder that went out of his way to help me. A class act and a heck of a nice guy. He hunted very hard all the way to the end and I'd hunt with him anytime. I met Tom Hoffman and his fiancé Denise. They were working on Denise's tag so we didn't get a chance to hunt together. But the words of encouragement and conversation were great to have on a long solo hunt. Meeting these Bowhunters made a good hunt great. Thanks to all!

Kyle

31-Aug-15
Pics!

31-Aug-15
Pictures and full story please!!

02-Sep-15
It never happened if there are not pics!

11-Oct-15
Hey Kyle, it was good to meet you as well and congrats on a great hunt. I start my ewe hunt next weekend! Hey Kirby nice job on the moose!

11-Oct-15
Hey Kyle, it was good to meet you as well and congrats on a great hunt. I start my ewe hunt next weekend! Hey Kirby nice job on the moose!

11-Oct-15

• Sitka Gear