CurveBow 23-Jun-15
safari 23-Jun-15
Kingntuff 08-Mar-22
Kingntuff 08-Mar-22
RK 08-Mar-22
Kodiak 12-Apr-22
Boatman71 12-Apr-22
20-May-15
My wife gave me a new book by Tim Wells of Relentless Pursuit for my birthday. Its called A Demon in the Dark. I was skeptical at first the book is really good. Really good. If you followed the Corey Knowlton rhino hunt you will love this book. Has anyone else read or seen this book?

21-May-15
I heard him mention it on Relentless.

On his show, he often speaks as if he's writing. :-)

Give a review when your done. I'd be interested.

21-May-15
I have never given a book review before but I will try my best. I spend a lot of time reading. My favorite authors are pretty common: Tom Clancy, John Grisham, James Patterson, David Baldacci, and western great Zane Grey. Also, because of our teenage kids, I have read all the recent series like The Hunger Games and Harry Potter. Almost hate to admit that. :-)

A Demon in the Dark kept my attention from beginning to end. The story and how it was written is comparable to any of the authors above. I mentioned in my post before about Corey Knowlton's rhino hunt. This book is set in Africa and follows the fight of Ren Skyles as he takes on Rhino poachers. Its very intense and detailed. You can tell its written by a hunter, which in a way, makes it even better for us hunters that like to read.

Is that good enough?

21-May-15
Buddy - you gotta read Lee Child too! His series of Jack Reacher novels are awesome!

Is the Wells book a novel or non fiction?

>>>>-------->

21-May-15
" I have read all the recent series like The Hunger Games and Harry Potter. Buddy5555"

Excuse me sir but we will have that MANCARD now.

21-May-15
Thanks Buddy! I'll have to check it out.

If you like to read I'd suggest CJ Box's Joe Pickett series as well. Very good read for outdoors types like us that enjoy reading.

21-May-15
Yeah I'll second CJ Box. I also read Clancy, Grisham, and the like and I think Box is pretty good. I'll have to see if I can find a copy of "A Demon in the Dark". It sounds interesting.

21-May-15
Florida - I agree! :) LOL

>>>>-------->

21-May-15
Hey, my daughters were glad I read those series so I will retain my main card! LOL. I figure if I make them clean fish and cut up deer I can read the books they are! I read one of the Jack Reacher series on Kindle and it was good. A Demon in the Dark is a nonfiction book.

23-May-15
Anyone interested in "fiction based on fact" historical perspective primarily of sub-Saharan Africa should definitely check out some of the novels by Wilbur Smith.

Smith has authored several series that feature the history and politics of RSA, Namibia, Rhodesia/Zimbabwe. Also Egypt and the Nile Valley.

I have 'em all, both paperback and hard cover. I highly reccommend them.

Pete

24-May-15
Not sure about his writing, but the dude can shoot!

25-May-15
Dose he write about any Bigfoot sightings?

25-May-15
+3 on CJ Box Joe Pickett novels

25-May-15
I taught him how to shoot. He was a good student. :^)

If he writes like he shoots, it ought to be a good one.

Florida Mike, that was funny. God Bless

25-May-15

Buffalo1's MOBILE embedded Photo
Buffalo1's MOBILE embedded Photo

If you want 600 pgs of pure safari read "African Game Trails" by Roosevelt. A documented 1 yr long safari. A super read.

23-Jun-15
Heck, anything by Peter Hathaway Capstick is awesome - Death in the Silent Places, Return to the Long Grass, Death in the Long Grass, Death in a Lonely Land, Sands of Silence, Death in the Dark Continent.... He wrote quite a few great books; the kind that have you along for twig snap by twig snap as he trails wounded leopards, as he hunts elephants as a government hunter to control herds, trails wounded cape buffalo, etc.

Just typing this makes me want to dig them out to read again. (Although I may have gotten them from a library)

>>>>-------->

23-Jun-15
Fiction based on fact "Something Of Value" Ruark

08-Mar-22
X2 on capstick. Larry mcmurrtary awesome reads. The wensel bros.

08-Mar-22
Tim wells does do go books as well. Very captivating just mentioning others

08-Mar-22
Capstick was a great writer. Brought Africa back to the everyday joe hunter. Made the Buffalo the most accessible big five game animal. Elephants and Lions were just to expensive.

He was a really funny guy

12-Apr-22
He might be the best shot I've ever seen.

12-Apr-22
Just met Tim at the Iowa Deer Classic this spring! What a great dude! Told him I have been a follower since Lethal Flight, he said "now your aging me!" Nice guy. Slock!

• Sitka Gear