R.Cooling 26-May-15
R.Cooling 26-May-15
W8N4RUT 26-May-15
NY Bowman 27-May-15
Kurt 27-May-15
carcus 27-May-15
jtelarkin08 27-May-15
24-May-15
The other thread was fun to read.. So thought I would start a moose one?

1. What was the shot distance on your moose?

2. What was angle? Broadside, quartering away etc 3. Was it coming to a call or spot and stalk??

24-May-15
20 yds. Quartering to

24-May-15
25 broadside

28 quartering away

24-May-15
45 yards broadside.

35 yards broadside.

15 yards slight quartering to.

All called to a tree stand and shot from about 25 feet up.

24-May-15
AK bull - 21 yards, broadside, called in after spot & stalk, 75 yd recovery.

CO bull - 20 yards, broadside, spot & stalk, 30 yd recovery.

24-May-15
8 yards, quartered towards, kneeling.

Sitting water between hunts. He walked in straight towards, never presenting a shot until he stopped to drink. At which point he went to his knees quartering towards. It was a shot Id never really visualized and had a hard time trying to figure out exactly where I wanted to hit as I stood, full draw. Cheated back a little further than I should have and hit one lung and liver. He went a ways after almost running over me after the shot

24-May-15

Billincamo's embedded Photo
Billincamo's embedded Photo
23 yards 1st shot in the lungs and then he stopped at 50 to look back and took a second arrow in the lung, two more steps and tipped over!

24-May-15
30 yards broadside.

Spot and stalk. Finished with some light calling to get him in range.

24-May-15
50 yard broadside shot on my CO cow moose last year. She went about 100 yards and l watched her stumble back into a bedded position and she later her head down for good about 2 minutes later.

24-May-15
31 yards broadside.

24-May-15

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
First bull was 40yds broadside coming to the call.

This bull was 45yds broadside and coming to the call as well.

24-May-15
15 yards broadside, coming to calls, only made it 15 yards before falling

24-May-15

SOMI's embedded Photo
SOMI's embedded Photo
35 yards broadside coming to call

24-May-15
Nice bulls guys.. Keep em coming. I am exactly 4 months out today :)

24-May-15

Straight Shooter's embedded Photo
Straight Shooter's embedded Photo
32 Yards broadside.

Got in the middle of him and a cow, grunted him in and perfect heart shot. Dropped in less than 50 yards. Good luck.

DJ

24-May-15
25 yards broadside, stalking....

Joe

24-May-15

ki-ke's embedded Photo
ki-ke's embedded Photo
1st shot 12 yards broadside, coming in hard. Pass through both lungs. 2nd shot at 45, also pass thru, went another 10, did a back flip, a couple upside down air taps and was still

25-May-15
15 yards broadside, coming to a call. dropped 70 yards from my truck.

25-May-15
Out of Tue 7 bulls between me and my buddy, longest shot has been 35 yards, shortest 15 yards with the average being 20 yards.

25-May-15
BC: 17 yards front shoot, coming call, dropped 100 yards Yukon: 25 yards ,quatering away, coming call, dropped 60 yards

25-May-15
My 52" bull was 27 yards broadside with my longbow. One of the most exciting days of my life! I still relive the scene over and over from 10 years ago. Hope to top it this September in BC.

25-May-15

Eric B.'s embedded Photo
Eric B.'s embedded Photo
25 yds. 40 yd. recovery. Spot and stalk Idaho

25-May-15
2 yards :) I was still hunting post rut and jumped one up. Shot him through a small opening in the pine trees. Went about 70 yards. Hoping to have another close shot this year in Idaho!

25-May-15
1st moose 9 yards broadside,

2nd moose 12 yards broadside

25-May-15
I called my shiras in to 38 yards away from a cow...I was in the middle of a clearcut with nothing to hide behind! I grunt, he stopped, and I let'r fly. Arrow passed all the way through behind the shoulder. He continued to grunt and walk over to the edge of the clearcut. Laid down and died. Thank goodness moose have horrible eyes!

25-May-15
Wyoming Shiras, 15 yards broadside....spot and stalk.

40 yard recovery, dead on the ground in less than a minute.

25-May-15

LongbowLes's embedded Photo
LongbowLes's embedded Photo
18 yards broadside and spined him. Calling,stalking,pushing,and he finally held up to see what was after him. 2nd hit didn't even get through ribs as I drew short in excitement which only made him mad and sent me running away(thankful for his severed spine). Last arrow sank deep,killing him in seconds. Dead in less than a minute from 1st hit.

25-May-15
Cow, 25 yds. slightly quartering to me. One lung and Liver.

Bull 22 yds broadside, double lung, down in 35 yds.

60# longbow for both.

25-May-15
I thought you posted that you were bison hunting and moose were secondary? Good luck, sounds like fun.

25-May-15
Nice photo Les!!

25-May-15
1st shot about 16 yards broadside. Not 100% sure but I think my arrow deflected on a limb and I only got one lung because I caught part of his scapula.

2nd shot was 10 yards through both lungs. Both shots were broadside.

He came into raking. We stalked in on him until about 80 yards. He heard us coming and evidently thought we were another bull. (We walked one right after another to try to sound like a moose walking.) My guide didn't call, he just got about 20 yards behind me and raked some trees. The bull was bedded down grunting, before my guide raked any trees. When my guide raked the trees, the bull stood up and began raking the trees. He was swaying back and forth as he walked, grunting and slobbering the whole way in. He didn't come straight at us, but made sort of a zigzag pattern. It was an incredible experience, something I will never forget.

Good luck on your hunt JT.

Kevin

26-May-15
2yds. 6 yds. 2@7yds. 9yds. 28yds. All shot from trees stands with the bulls coming to me. All were broad side at the time of the shot except the one at 2yds. which came head on and walked under me.

26-May-15
My Shiras Cow is the longest archery harvested animal I've taken. I stalked in to 20 yards from her and a big mature bull that was lying in his rut pit. The cow bolted out down the hill and quartered away. I shot directly over the top of the bull that was under 25 yards to shoot the cow at 51 yards.

After the shot she ran about 70 yards and piled up. The bull continued to gore her with his horns attempting to get her up. We were chased off numerous times while we worked on her by the bull. It was scary hearing him coming back- "Ummp, Ummp..."

26-May-15

Shiras's embedded Photo
Shiras's embedded Photo
A lot longer than I like to shoot, but I made the shot. 62 yards broadside while sparring with another bull. Next time with the long bow it will need to be a lot closer.

26-May-15
Thanks Nick. Good luck to everyone after em this fall!

26-May-15
Hey nick. I am moose hunting first and bison secondary.. I start hunting September 26 and bison season doesnt open until october 1. That gives me 5 days to concentrate on moose.. This is how my outfitter suggested We do it. THey have lots of guys take both every year so im hopeful.. You probably thought bison was primary because i am trying to set my bow up for bison bc i know any arrow combo good enough for bison will be a tad over kill for moose lol

26-May-15

Waterfowler's embedded Photo
Waterfowler's embedded Photo
50 yards, slight quarter away, spot and stalk

26-May-15
Alaska-Yukon. 3yds Canadian. 12yds Shiras. 35yds

26-May-15
All were broadside and all came to a call.

26-May-15

W8N4RUT's embedded Photo
W8N4RUT's embedded Photo
25 yards broadside

27-May-15
61" AK Yukon at 2 yards and 66" AK Yukon at 15 yards.

27-May-15
First Alaskan bull, 30 yds broadside, S&S. Second Alaskan bull ONE yd shot up into him from below as we called him past. I was in the river hidden along the bank and could have grabbed him by the hoof as he went past to the caller. One lung and he went a few hundred yds. Wyoming moose 45 yds or so broadside S&S. British Columbia moose 35 yds broadside S&S.

27-May-15
65 yards 10 yards

27-May-15
These shots under 5 yards are awesome. I can't wait to be chasing bulls in september

• Sitka Gear