Fuzzy 03-Jun-15
Phil/VA 03-Jun-15
Rayzor 03-Jun-15
Phil/VA 04-Jun-15
Phil/VA 04-Jun-15
Fuzzy 04-Jun-15
Phil/VA 05-Jun-15
01-Jun-15
I have hunted hogs a few times at Shiloh and had a blast. I am looking at other options. Possibly a place closer to KY (somewhere SE like Florida) or even a ranch in Texas that might be able to host a party of bowhunters. Thoughts?

01-Jun-15
There are several in Tennessee, only one I have experience with is wilderness hunting lodge. Its nice lodging and meals, large hunting area and a lot of hogs when I was there.

01-Jun-15
Mo Mercy in OK is a sponsor. They have a nice big lodge and plenty of hogs, best skin/butcher setup I've seen.

Clarkrange in Tennessee is a nice setup for groups as well.

01-Jun-15
Thanks for the info guys.

01-Jun-15
If you want to hunt free ranging hogs you will need to go to SC, GA, or FL. Nearly all hunts in TN will involved fenced preserves. You can still have a fun hunt there but just know you will be hunting pigs behind fences.

01-Jun-15
I am OK with a fence. Hogs are fun regardless.

01-Jun-15

Forest bows's MOBILE embedded Photo
Forest bows's MOBILE embedded Photo

02-Jun-15
Ollie, No Mercy offers so very challenging, but very high-opportunity Free Range hog hunting, in addition to the fenced areas they run.

02-Jun-15
I was referring to hog hunts in Tennessee.

02-Jun-15
you said if you want free range you have to go to SC GA or FL ...I just added a State to your list ;)

02-Jun-15
Bowfreak

If you want to travel a little further and add something different to the hunt for your group you might try a free range hog and javelina hunt If that is appealing try Fair Chase, Ltd

Their place is very nice with lots of animals, great food, nice lodging and as all inclusive package. No add ons

Just a thought anyway

Good luck in your search !

02-Jun-15
I'll second the free range hog and javelina hunt. I've never hunted with Fair Chase, Ltd, but my wife and I, along with friends from NC, go down to a ranch in South Texas every Feb or March to hunt pigs and javelina. We hunt javelina during the day and pigs at night. It is primitive camping as the ranch has no electricity or running water. They do have flush toilets and hot showers. They charge $100 per day with a 2 day minimum. They only offer 3 hunts per year. A week each in Jan, Feb, and Mar.

02-Jun-15
That sounds awesome! I'd love to hunt javies!

02-Jun-15
Phil/va that sounds like a killer deal!

02-Jun-15
Fuzzy, Forest

It's an absolute blast, I've been doing it for the past 15 years or so. It's a long haul from here in VA but we think it's worth it. We usually hunt 5 days. Texas has a 5 day license that lets you hunt javelin and non-game animals for $48.

02-Jun-15
pm me i would love a week!!

02-Jun-15
Can't beat HUNTER CREEK RANCH in Mt Vernon, Tx. I've been hunting down there for the past 4yrs now and scheduled for next Jan again.

This place is AWESOME! Tons of pigs! Very comfortable lodging..great food!

For just $275/day..you get 2 pigs per day (1 over 100 lbs and 1 under). Plus your lodging AND meals are included in that cost!!

There are about 10 stands out around the property some standsblinds are set up for rifle and others are set up for bow hunters!!

Check wen out!! You'll be glad you did!

www.hunterscreekranchtx.com

Shoot Str8 and Stay safe

Jeff

03-Jun-15
Phil, I am in VA too. Where are you? When's the next trip?

03-Jun-15
Fuzzy, I'm in Chesapeake. We are going back to South Texas for pigs and javvies in Feb or Mar. I've got a trip back to Texas S Bowhunting in April with some buddies from Texas Bowhunter.

03-Jun-15
I'm looking for early mid Jan hog and or hog javi Texas hunt. Going to be down on business and figured I may as well take advantage to the 1100 mile I'll be driving anyway, have some fun and home some fine tasting tenderloins and hams and maybe even a toothy Skull mount.

04-Jun-15

Phil/VA's embedded Photo
Phil/VA's embedded Photo
Love stalking javvies.

04-Jun-15

Phil/VA's embedded Photo
Phil/VA's embedded Photo

04-Jun-15
Man, you're a long ways from me! lol

05-Jun-15

Phil/VA's embedded Photo
Phil/VA's embedded Photo