13-Jun-15
Results posted today (6/13), at 7pm.

Who is feeling lucky?

13-Jun-15
who's lucky?

13-Jun-15
When is VT and NH doing their draws

13-Jun-15
No tag for me, 30 years and counting. Give or take.

13-Jun-15
No tag for me.

13-Jun-15
I know a Maine resident that drops his application off at headquarters the last day every year and has 5 tags in 25 years. He believes last in first out:)

If you saved $100 bucks a month for 4 years you'd have enough to hunt Moose in Newfoundland.

13-Jun-15
Newfoundland is looking better and better as starting to run out of time,nothing in Maine this year, been applying since day one, maybe NH but not holding my breath,Vt is out the next few years,as I drew there lsst year

13-Jun-15
NH draw is June 26.

Not sure about VT but you can still apply there until June 17.

14-Jun-15
Maine resident. Not this year. Next year will be year #35 for me. Someday...maybe.

14-Jun-15
guys who like dreaming about hunting moose at a reasonable cost put in for the draws. guys who like hunting moose, without dropping 12K all in for western canada or 18 K all in for AK youkon guided go to newfoundland for about 6K all in. really not much more to it than that.

any given year the odds of non resident drawing in maine are about 1 in 85 people. in other words you will draw once in 85 years given the odds. NH and VT are a little better, but still long and the hunting is much tougher in those states as well.

how old are you? how long will you live?

the "rock" awaits those who do instead of dream.

14-Jun-15
Not me just checked.

14-Jun-15
Damn...I forgot to apply.... again.

14-Jun-15
I drew, I just know I drew, now I just need to visit the website to confirm my thoughts.

14-Jun-15
Well,,,, I guess my intuition was wrong, I didn't draw squat. There sure seem to be a lot of Tripp's who live in Maine though.

14-Jun-15
25 years and no tag here. At max points and buy extra chances. I have drawn New Hampshire and Vermont in the past 10 years.

14-Jun-15
Grizz, I drew Vermont, the first year I applied. Of course that was back when I had good luck with a lot of different things, including the big game drawings. The last five years, my luck has flipped to the other side of the spectrum. Since drawing Vermont, one year, I did end up on the alternate list in New Hampshire, but I was too far down the list to even matter. But Maine has never offered so much as hope. Well, I guess the great state offers hope, but minimal hope at best. However, I shouldn't grovel, as there are countless others who had applied in Vermont and had never drawn a tag, well before I came along, and I am certain there are still countless numbers who have yet to draw a tag there, some in their home state. So though I can complain, doing so isn't highly warranted as I had numerous years of great success in the big game draws across the country, and hopefully, that horseshoe will return before I get too old to fully utilize it.

Good luck to everyone.

15-Jun-15
No luck for me with 15 NR points. The more I hear of guys failing for 35 years the more grateful I am I drew NH in 2012 and got a great bull on my wall. Not sure if NR's get priority at age 70 like residents, but doubt I'll be physically able if I'm alive then, at the pace my wheels falling off.

15-Jun-15
Got picked in '05 and '09....looks like my luck ran out :(

15-Jun-15
Newfoundland is great for guys who don't mind hunting with a guide. Those of us who enjoy the satisfaction of doing it on our own are at the mercy of the draws.

15-Jun-15
Well, you may not be required to have a guide but by the time you draw you may need a nurse.

15-Jun-15
I drew a zone 1 September bull. I am so pumped. I know guys/families that seem to have someone draw year after year after year. I cannot wait!

15-Jun-15
Grats n.e.hntr

No tag for me

15-Jun-15
I agree NoWiser.I'd love to go diy in Nf but its not available.One year I'll probably go to Nf,but that's because I want to see the place.The size of the moose shot there don't really interest me either.and the outfitters that do get really nice bulls on average are a bit out of my price range

16-Jun-15
Congrats n.e.hntr! Is this your first tag? Great unit. Slay a big one and post pics.

16-Jun-15
NE Hnter, that is a prime tag, congrats!

16-Jun-15
I put in for first time and didn't draw. I must be really unlucky.

17-Jun-15
Congrats n.e.hunter very nice tag! If you have never been to Zone 1 PM me as I have hunted and fished it several times. There are no gas stations, no cell service and no stores but plenty of moose.

17-Jun-15
Nothing for anyone I know. Still have friends waiting on NH, and we are all waiting on VT also

17-Jun-15
Nope! Oh well :(

17-Jun-15
This year, like last, I went point only in NH. I understand that moose numbers are down in the last few years. I'm hoping things improve in the next few seasons.

17-Jun-15
BC, if it's anything like Minnesota, I'd apply every chance you can get because it's only going to get worse until there is no season left.

I was lucky enough to draw in 2011 and my dad drew in 2012 for MN. They were the last two years the state had a moose hunt, and I don't see them opening it anytime in the foreseeable future. The population was down, but moose are pretty easy to hunt and we had a blast and saw plenty of bulls. At the rate they are going we'll be lucky to have any left in 15 years. I'm so thankful we applied and drew tags while we still had a chance.

17-Jun-15
ZIM...yes this is my first tag. R.R. sent you a p.m. thanks guys...I plan on hopefully documenting it with alot of pics. I'll post up after the hunt. Not to rush my life away but end of September can't get here soon enough.

18-Jun-15
I may have posted this tale here before, if so, I apologize. It is the story of our experience in the Moose lottery game.

I had entered the Maine drawing as a nonresident for 11 years - no tag. Wife said that instead of tagging along as my sub-permittee (no pun intended) she wanted to hunt her own moose, and asked me to help her enter for a bull tag in the same zones as me. The night of the drawing, a friend in Maine called to congratulate Wife on being drawn for a bull tag in her first choice zone for the first season.

I had also been entering for many years as a non-resident for the drawings for New Hampshire and Vermont. That same year, I drew a bull tag for my first choice zone for a hunt that was two weeks after my wife's Maine hunt. WHAT GOOD FORTUNE!

We bought tags, licenses, and paid a hefty deposit to a Maine Master Guide for a very remote boat-in hunt. We planned on doing my hunt on our own since we had a local friend in the area scouting for us.

Less than a month after the Maine results were released, on July 11, my wife became very ill. She was stricken by very fast onset rheumatoid arthritis. Of course, that meant much doctoring, diagnostic tests, and hospital stays. We were both very concerned about Wife's health crisis - diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment options. We were being bombarded with offers of very expensive and not all that safe treatment options. As a result of this life-changing event, we cancelled both hunting adventures.

We tried in both states to get refunds for licenses and tags with documentation from her doctors. Denied. I asked in both states if we could donate the tags to a make-a-wish program, or a Veteran's program. Denied. There was no alternate program in Maine, so Wife's tag went unused in Maine. New Hampshire had in place an alternate hunter program. So I asked if I could give for free my New Hampshire tag and license to the alternate. Denied. My tag and license were re-sold to an alternate in New Hampshire. We asked the guide for a partial refund on the condition that since it was still early enough that he book a different hunter. Denied.

Good fortune had struck and we were elated. Then, bad fortune struck. We were far more concerned about my Wife's health, than missing the hunts and losing the money. The one regret we had about the moose hunt situation was that there was no provision for an alternate to use my Wife's tag in Maine. Someone would have certainly appreciated the rare opportunity.

Maybe next year, I will enter the drawings again.

We hope that everyone has a happy, healthy, and successful hunt this year and every year. Best wishes.

18-Jun-15
Fisher, Wow that is incredibly unfortunate. I am stunned they don't do refunds for medical reasons. Every other state I apply in does that. Hope all improves and you do indeed luck out again soon.

n.e., I beat the crazy odds in NH in 2012 and it turned out to be the only tag I drew out of 30+ lotos. It was a great and different experience compared to all my western state adventures. Cancel all your other plans and sink all the PTO days you can get into your hunt. It will be well worth it. I'd also treat it as the only moose hunt you'll ever go on.

20-Jun-15
."...........

20-Jun-15
My buddy drew as a Non resident second time in 10 years.....go figure

• Sitka Gear