Beav 27-Aug-15
Mad Trapper 27-Aug-15
Keith in colorado 31-Aug-15
wifishkiller 01-Sep-15
cityhunter 08-Sep-15
Cazador 09-Sep-15
standswittaknife 09-Sep-15
09-Jul-15
I have been looking around a bit in the unit and have located a few small groups but not quite as many as I would like to have by now. I figured maybe someone on here may have a few ideas or be looking to get out. I live outside of Vail in unit 45 and have some info for the local units if that is of any trade value. I did have this tag about 20 years ago and failed to connect (probably did not appreciate what I had then). Will be scouting as much as possible up to the season. Haven't spent much time in the eastern part of the unit but remember seeing some groups out towards Blackhawk in the past. Send me a PM if interested in helping, less than a month to go. Thanks, Scott

10-Jul-15
things have changed in 20 yrs public access sheep numbers good luck

13-Jul-15

Scoot's embedded Photo
Scoot's embedded Photo
Well the weekends have been pretty busy up there. Did a couple hikes this weekend and saw a few sheep but a lot of hikers. I have been driving through the unit since I had that first tag and try to look around when there is time. It's a great area and it should be fun. Here is a crappy picture from the hike.

13-Jul-15

MATHEWSSHOOTER's embedded Photo
MATHEWSSHOOTER's embedded Photo
like I said things have changed

13-Jul-15
Good luck up there Scoot! We look forward o the pics and story!

Mark

14-Jul-15
Nice one Mathewsshooter, one like that one would do. I haven't got that close to any (not that I've tried yet). Seems like most are right around treeline and not going to be easy to get to. Hope to check on some quieter valleys this weekend.

27-Jul-15

Scoot's embedded Photo
Scoot's embedded Photo
Seeing a couple rams here and there but they seem harder to find these days. The eastern end of the unit is a very busy place it seems. I will be focused on the western and northern sides and hope for the best. Been hiking around a bit but maybe time is better spent glassing from the roads. I was hoping to find some away from the I70 noise. Anyway it looks like it is going to be a tough hunt but it will be fun. Sure is pretty. Any last minute tips are appreciated. Do sheep move around all day? Do sheep hang out above treeline out in the open? Do they stay in the valleys with major hiking trails?

30-Jul-15
Scoot, I have the 1st season ram tag too, I have been scouting and have found ewes but no rams yet. I am heading back out scouting Friday evening thru Sunday but getting a bit nervous as the rams are eluding me. Please send me a PM and we can converse off line. Mark

30-Jul-15
dont give up found 13 tonight

02-Aug-15
Found a few rams this weekend so feeling bit better but S32 aint what she used to be.

03-Aug-15
Better call the CPW, you have a RAM tag dude!

Bowsite allows any user to use a previously used handle. There was another grasshopper years ago from Washington.

03-Aug-15

Scoot's embedded Photo
Scoot's embedded Photo
I started this thread. I did register under Scoot and it went through as that. Wasn't trying to steal your handle. I do have a first season ram tag and we have seen a few different groups but none that would be anything close to an easy stalk. I'll send you a PM Mark and I will try to change the handle Scoot.

03-Aug-15
I am cheering the tag holders on! Interested in how the hunt transpires. Good luck!

03-Aug-15
Scoot(old) and Scoot(new),

I'm just impressed that you were able to reconcile this without questioning each others ethics.....LOL

Now, whichever one of you ends up with that tag (LOL), good luck!!!

03-Aug-15
To the new Scoot, grats on your tag and GL.

FYI, the old Scoot has been around and posted quite a bit for quite a while and your posting under that handle is going to be very confusing. When I saw the original post, it blew me away as I didn't know Scoot had a sheep tag as we'd have all known about it. You might consider changing your handle.

03-Aug-15
Who cares which Scoot has a tag why are they here posting not hunting?

Sandbrew

03-Aug-15
Scoot and I suggest scooter..... I am sure the handle can be reconciled...seems like an honest mistake.

Scotter good luck with the tag!!

03-Aug-15
Put a new name in my profile I don't know if it has to be approved or what. The season starts Saturday

03-Aug-15
Testing new name Scooter

04-Aug-15
Good Luck Scooter!

04-Aug-15
Now go get Scooter's ram!

06-Aug-15

Scooter's embedded Photo
Scooter's embedded Photo
Seeing a lot of great country. Looking forward to Saturday.

07-Aug-15
Go get 'em Scooter!

Brings back memories of my S-32 bow Ram opening day!

Good luck, Robb

12-Aug-15

Scooter's embedded Photo
Scooter's embedded Photo
Rams have been hard to come by the last couple days. Came home last night and slept in today. Heading back out now. Hopefully find some undisturbed groups. Nice area in pic mot will recognize but only ewes and lambs. Looks like a good year for lambs so that's good.

12-Aug-15
Well done gents!

Good luck "Scooter"!

12-Aug-15
Have fun and shoot a big one!

12-Aug-15
Forget that area, it's not bow friendly at all unless you catch a ram in the south facing slope.

I'd glass from 40 and 70. I know it has changed, but I truly feel that side that area is a waste of time.

13-Aug-15
Cazador, I would have to disagree with your statement to forget that area as it has always held good numbers of Sheep/Rams. I have personally stalked many Sheep in the area of that photo and many have been killed there. Never was much interested in glassing from the roads, did so when scouting but not much while hunting.

13-Aug-15
X2 rock- Many sheep have died there. I missed one there myself Keep at it Scott, you are on a poor man's sheep hunt in your own back yard. Anything can happen

13-Aug-15
Many sheep have died in cloud as well, but things have changed over the years, at least when I've been in there.

You guys are studs if you got on Rams in there on that wide open stuff. There are some broken areas in there, but I liked hunting them in the slides.

13-Aug-15
I have to agree with Chad, we hunted it again in 2011 and it was tough, not like when we could sit on a chute and pop a ram.

13-Aug-15
I decided to hike back to the atv down through that hell hole one year rather than up and around. Never again!

17-Aug-15

Scooter's embedded Photo
Scooter's embedded Photo
Sheep have been up really high and not easy to get close to. Quick break to see the family and check in at work. Heading back out this afternoon. Not getting any calls back or info from the DOW guy. Heard the non res is done.

17-Aug-15
"Done" as in tagged out?.....or simply stopped hunting?

18-Aug-15
tagged out

19-Aug-15
Good for you Scooter!

Congrats

Good luck, Robb

19-Aug-15
Not sure if Scooter means he tagged out or the nonres tagged out. lol

19-Aug-15
Pictures....we need pictures :)

19-Aug-15
Story please!!!

19-Aug-15
Good luck Scooter!

19-Aug-15
I did not tag out the non resident tag holder did. I'm still going. Hopefully pictures coming soon.

19-Aug-15
Keep going Scooter....I met a man two weeks shy of his 82 birthday that just killed his first Stone's sheep!

Mark

19-Aug-15
Yeah get em Scooter. How much time is left? Mark you need to fill us in to buddy. lol

19-Aug-15
I was really confused as well. I thought "old" Scoot got lucky!

Good luck Scooter...finish strong.

20-Aug-15

iceman's embedded Photo
iceman's embedded Photo
I saw this on facebook yesterday. Anyone know the unit?

20-Aug-15

iceman's embedded Photo
iceman's embedded Photo
Pic 2

20-Aug-15
4 likes

Yikes!

Congrats to the hunter!

Mark

20-Aug-15
That's DAn Clum and his S9 ram. Heck of a ram. s9 is a tough unit

20-Aug-15
Man, what a stud of a ram!

20-Aug-15
That's the kind of ram I dream of.

20-Aug-15
Wow, that is a stud for S-9!!! The non res draw odds got close to 25% a few years ago because nobody could find the rams!

Was he hunting with the Sangre De Cristo boys?

21-Aug-15
Takes a stud to kill a stud and both those guys in that photo are studs. One more so than the other ha! I can guarantee no guides were used or hurt in the making of that hunt.

Those Clums (Pops included) have been putting some beasts down the last few years. Huge Bulls, and now this sweet ram.

Good job guys, couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

23-Aug-15
Great ram! Congrats to the hunter.

26-Aug-15
S9 is tough, makes that ram even cooler!

26-Aug-15

26-Aug-15
No guide. Do it yourself. The Clum boys are the real deal

26-Aug-15
Justin, you know them? If so, you think they would post up the story on Bowsite?

Mark

27-Aug-15

CO Oak's Link
The story is at this link.

27-Aug-15
Incredible story and sheep

27-Aug-15
Wow! Impressive story!

27-Aug-15
That's awesome...Any word on the non-red S32 Ram?

27-Aug-15
CO Oak,

Thank you for sharing an awesome link.....!!!

27-Aug-15
That was cool!

27-Aug-15
Absolutely OUTSTANDING story! Many Congrats!

31-Aug-15
Anyone in 32 seeing any ewes? I have a 14 year old girl tryiong to fill a ewe tag. So far no luck. Areas to look would be great

01-Sep-15
Saw ewes Sunday on the way back from elk hunting. North side of the road east of I70/40

08-Sep-15
congrats to Dan that was a hunt!!!

09-Sep-15
I drove by some glassing spots yesterday, and there was a huge high end camera crew on the frontage road that seemed to be pointed up. Anyone know if there is video crew filming a tag holder. It was some space aged looking stuff that's for sure.

09-Sep-15
those clums can simply hunt. Incredible people all doing it with stickbows. (owners of rocky mountain specialty gear)

• Sitka Gear