IdyllwildArcher 16-Jul-15
cityhunter 17-Jul-15
gbh5358 03-Aug-15
Rut Nut 04-Aug-15
cityhunter 04-Aug-15
gbh5358 04-Aug-15
Bou'bound 04-Aug-15
09-Jul-15
I had been part of Safari Nordik for the past 13 years. Until the BAD BUSINESS. Unfortunately my name is connected with them as I stood by them as I was fed all the BS. As far as my connection with Safari Nordik, Nickolas Laurin and Nunavik Expeditions. There is no more. It does sadden me to see this in the caribou business, because Quebec is a wonderful place to visit and hunt. I have read the posts about the co-exhistance of Nunavik Expeditions and Safari Nordik and it is Nickolas who is on the ownership. Which leads to my seperation. It was supposed to be another longtime employee of safari that was supposed to be owning the business as Nickolas was to disappear and take care of his own problem with the people who have been taken. The main plan of the deal was that I and the longtime employee would be able to still send in hunters into a simi guided hunt with a very agressive price. a very small operation. Which had no affiliation with safari. Incorporated in the plan with us two was to recover anyone who had been unfulfilled by safari and offer a plan for them to come up and hunt so they were not getting taken by an outfitter in Quebec. (Which in this season, there were already 5 enrolled in this plan) It isnt Quebec Caribou hunting its specific individuals that cant be trusted. All the banking was taking place in a US bank under a US company with a net worth so there was the security of recourse and peace of mind. All financial responsbility in Canada would be paid immediatly upon the client getting to camp and only when they got to camp. It all would have worked Simply but the name Safari Nordik is so tarnished and now to find out Nickolas didnt do what was supposed to be done in this case as well. Quebec is a great place to visit and other outfitters like Richard Hume do not deserve to be labeled in the general "Quebec Outfitters" coulmn. I know Richard has big fans here, but I am talking on a much larger scale. Not just Bow Site. As the industry is shrnking the market is shrinking must faster not to mention the trust. So what I am saying to anyone who just reads these posts and doesnt indulge in the bashing. Go to Quebec and hunt caribou. It is a great place and caribou are a great animal to have the privilage to hunt. I have no dog in this fight anymore, but dont let two bad business men (laurin and Bonecutter) taint the water for all Quebec Caribou hunting outfitters. As ar as the people I have booked for this season that will not have their tags. They have been refunded in full. Thankfully because of the banking plan used in the US. HUNT QUEBEC CARIBOU IT TRUELY IS A TREASURE!!!! Good luck to all, anyone caught up in the Safari Nordik issue can reach me anytime if they need any info. And hopefully I can be instrumental to those caught up in this to help place you with another outfitter, as I continue to to look at avenues to promote Quebec Caribou especially for those americans in this situation.

09-Jul-15
.....? Kurt, a couple years ago you came on here bashing us that we didn't know what was going on in Quebec and it was the governments fault,our fault and basically anyone but your guys fault for people not getting to go hunting. And now you're all nicey nicey? You get fired or something? But You are right in several accounts. Quebec is a great place to visit and hunt caribou. And the Humes are great people!

09-Jul-15
Go to Quebec screw that Bunch of crooks up there !! what about my 5300 that got fobbed along with 200 other Americans. Please save your BS sob story .

Quebec is not a safe place for Americans to spend there coin , what about the horror stories of American cars being broken inrto while hunting in Quebec .

CRIME PAYS IN QUEBEC !!! louis

09-Jul-15
No thanks regarding Quebec. I hunted caribou there in the early 1990's with a different outfit. Worst hunt I was ever on. Lied to by the owner. Lied to by the guy running his base camp in Schefferville. Lied to by camp guide. I'll take my money elsewhere. I know of too many hunters that have had bad hunts in Quebec that was directly attributed to the operation, not weather and game. I'm sure there are reputable and honest operators in Quebec, but all the dishonest ones have tarnished the whole group.

09-Jul-15
I understand why people are upset about go back but I have hunted with Richard hume have booked with Richard Hume and would hunt up there with him anytime. I am able to separate a place from a person not everybody appears to be able to do so

09-Jul-15
Ollie ... who did you hunt with?

09-Jul-15
No, 77. Its not all nicey, nicey. Ive been through alot with these guys and its the end. . In business you will back up who you fight with, so I will stand up for what I am part of, and I told Safari I was loyal to them as long as things were up and up. For alot of years they helped me so yes I would naturally help them. As far as getting bashed on this site, I can deal with that. We all have the right to disagree we arent sheep. I am from a world of say what you have to say brush off your pants and move on. No grudges but stand up on your feet. Speak what you know and dont talk trash.

I have sent close to 1000 hunters into the bush in this time and have many life long friends due to the days in the field. Its Quebec Caribou hunting that I know well and love, my part just happend to be with Safari. My affiliation was with Safari since the beginning at age 28, so of course Id back them up. I am not a ship jumper. However, as you have read, their things are not on the up and up. So it is time to part. I was instrumental in the paln to recover faith for the hunters left out in the cold and future hunting for caribou hunters, however things were not laid out as they were planned to be. So yes that leaves me the option to walk away. Through 13 years the last 4 have soured me with all the bad press. I was the last guy on the ship out of dozens and I stuck my neck out and will do it again for the right reasons for the right people. Thats why you know my name. I am not asking for pitty. Just simply stating that its not Quebec, and the whole industry shouldnt be judged by a few. Most of the hunters that are hanging out there I talk to on a regular basis. And I have talked to several outfitters on a plan to restore the temperment twards Quebec. As I said, I have no dog in the fight now, but I do feel as an American, an importance to help the guys who trusted something I was part of to get something for their money. As far as the outfitters left, I hope they continue to move forward as the bad rap hits.

But the note here was to the many who have not hunted Quebec, dont have a favorite outfitter and dont respond to these threads but to simply say Quebec Caribou hunting is safe and Safari Nordik failing to follow through shouldnt persuade anyone wanting to hunt Quebec with an outfitter for Caribou

09-Jul-15
Geez, I'm needing some info here.

I'm booked with Richard for September and have no second thoughts about my choice! I'm worried about my new truck as I'm driving to Montreal. Going to make that call tomorrow,

09-Jul-15
In 13 years I have never seen a truck stolen. I have heard the same stuff but never have physically know of it. You outfitter parks your vehicle in a secured parking anyways.

09-Jul-15
Im sure a few will chime in about there rigs being broken in .. Secured lot run by Quebec crooks!

!! How many millions of American dollars have to be stolen before, Quebec gets off there ass and takes action ?

Tuttulik it was over 200 hunters plus deps 2009 2010 over one million dollars !!! not one person was held responsible in that scam .

And we should trust u guys in Quebec LOL

CRIME PAYS IN QUEBEC .

09-Jul-15
Here's what really bugs me: Quebec is obviously a wonderful province to hunt and fish within. There are obviously some good outfitters, guides and people working there to make it happen. In the past I heard great things about Safari, Delay, Bonecutter, Andre, Taillon, Tuttilik, Ungava...and so on. You couldn't go to a sporting show without there being 6-10 caribou outfits from Quebec there and very few reports were bad. Guys were so enamored by tales of huge migrations and easy kills that they allowed themselves to be blinded. The point is that EVERY one of these setups could show you glowing reports and reviews back in the day. Nobody here EVER imagined Tuttilik willingly putting the screws to so many hunters. Nobody imagined they COULD do it, and certainly not get away with it.

Now it's been proven that the very best Quebec outfitters can pull up their stakes and leave hunters with no recourse. It happened. It happens. The Quebec government isn't going to fight the battle for hunters. The track record of Quebec outfitters as a whole...and the Quebec government in these matters... is more than enough cause for hunters to make a logical decision to avoid the potential for huge disappointment. It's a bad deal for the good outfitters of course. I won't go there simply because so many good people taking it up the rump were told by both the outfitters and the government they could do nothing but grit their teeth and put up with it. Based on that set of facts, I see no useful purpose in supporting the overall industry which has harmed so many there.

American hunters got hurt, and hurt hard. If Quebec outfitters get hurt by the fallout from that, it's their mess to contend with. There are plenty of beautiful and wild places to hunt caribou in North America and sometimes for far less money than the going Q/L rates. I've sent plenty of friends to other places, but never to Quebec...and the latest news from there just confirms I'll advise people to go elsewhere. If they get hosed in Quebec, they had plenty of chances to avoid it.

09-Jul-15
As a Canadian, i would have to wonder why anyone would hunt quebec too. So much $ stolen and the govt did nothing? That just sets a bad precedence. There are other places to hunt without the risk so why chance it?

Naturally, I prefer that all yanks hunt bears somewhere other than mb but i like to take guys out for waterfowl

10-Jul-15
Been going for 16 years and never had a problem. Saw lots of hunters with long faces years ago that booked with small outfitters with a couple camps. They were trying to save a couple dollars and they got what they paid for. NOTHING but bad memories. Do your research on ANY hunt, call people, talk to the outfitter and don't choose one just because he is cheaper. Rich, no problem parking at the Holiday Inn. Keep stuff out of sight in your truck and you will be OK. See you on the tundra. Two weeks this year, one week is not enough for me. Good time and memories. You just might get hooked on it like me and go every year. Always looking for a partner. Rory

10-Jul-15
I've been to Quebec, but never on a hunting trip. If hundreds of respectable guys bash the place on a respectable forum, there is no chance in he!! that one of the "previously mistaken" crook supporters could expect to be able to convince me to "try it"!

The motivation for this post is hugely suspect. If you "realized" you were on the darkside you should have slithered into a hole and disappeared. Instead you have taken a position of PROVINCE PROMOTION???...Okay...as if that's not suspect!

Good luck with your agenda. Try using an address in Nigeria as those guys seem to do pretty well with their heart-felt campaigns.

10-Jul-15
LMBO!!!!!!!!!!! The last time I heard something like THIS, I was told: "I DID NOT HAVE SEX WITH THAT WOMAN...............MS. LEWINSKY" and "IF YOU LIKE YOUR PLAN, YOU CAN KEEP YOUR PLAN!" ;-) So my question Kurt Santoro is this: Do you expect ANYONE to actually believe ANYTHING you say after everything that has come to light the last couple years with you, Safari Nordik and all the rest of the problems in Quebec(Tutulik)????!!!!

Quebec has a history of treating visitors poorly(not just hunters, and not just Americans)!

There are too many places in THIS great country(USA), to take a chance with my time and hard earned money in Quebec! They will not get a penny of my money. If for no other reason, than the PRINCIPLE that Kevin Dill so eloquently articulated above!

10-Jul-15

sureshot's Link
For anyone that missed Kurt (trophymanager) when this was beginning, here is a link. Kurt went by the handle trophymanager back then.

10-Jul-15
Seriously? Does this crook think any of us are going to buy this song and dance?

10-Jul-15
I had my Toyota stolen out of a fenced parking lot at a hotel in 1992. My wife was with me. It's frustrating to come back from a hunt with caribou antlers, cape, meat and a bear hide to find your truck stolen along with all your clothes. It's no fun being on standby in Montreal and Pittsburg with frozen meat and week old hunting clothes on. At least back then the airplanes weren't as full and we got on.

3 days after I got back I got a phone call that they had found my truck at a hospital parking lot 30 miles outside of Montreal. It was fine except the ignition had been pulled. They were going to tow it to a toyota dealer in Montreal and fix it and my insurance co. Was going to fly someone to Montreal and drive it back.

The next morning I get a call from a French Canadian service manager at the toyota dealership and ask me if I had come and got my truck? It had been stolen a second time from behind a locked high fence in Montreal. I can't figure out how those French Canadians get the trucks over those high fences, they must be really strong!

My other caribou trips have been to Alaska. I wouldn't go to Quebec or Montreal for another caribou trip if they paid me and threw in another toyota. In my humble opinion, while there may be good people there, overall it is a corrupt environment . I've hunted 3 other provinces over 10 times and have never seen the level of corruption that I experienced in Quebec. Again, only my humble opinion.

10-Jul-15
FYI...

Post from Northern Rubicon (Jack Hume) on another similar thread on this site:

"Here is the latest News provided by the Hunting Report on June 17 th . Notice! Nunavik Expeditions/Safari Nordik Connection If you are considering a caribou hunt in Quebec with Nunavik Adventures, take heed! Kurt Santoro, the California taxidermist long associated with Safari Nordik and at the heart of several disputes reported in our pages (read our Special Report on Safari Nordik), is attempting to set up a supposedly new operation and sell hunts under the name Nunavik Expeditions. Santoro has created both an elaborate website and a Facebook page promoting Nunavik Expeditions.

We've attempted to contact Santoro both through the email address on the Nunavik Expeditions website and his email listed on his Lifelike Taxidermy of Madero, California, company website, but emails to both addresses failed to deliver. We wanted to ask Santoro who his partners are in this venture and how many hunts he had already sold. We will continue to try to reach Santoro.

A little digging in public records in Quebec produced the not-surprising fact that Nunavik Expeditions is simply a DBA for Silak Adventures, a company that has not taken caribou hunters for some years and therefore has no license quota. The most interesting fact, however, is that Silak Adventure's company records list Nicolas Laurin as the president of the board. In other words, Nunavik Expeditions is operated and promoted by the same people who operated and promoted Safari Nordik; the same people who, by their own admission, have left several hundred hunters minus deposits and "guaranteed" return hunts.

Moreover, we have contacted the Ministère des Forêts, de la Faune et des Parcs (Ministry of Forests, Wildlife and Parks or MFFP) which controls caribou licenses in Quebec and have learned that Nunavik Expeditions, at this writing, holds no quota of caribou licenses for 2015 or 2016 and has no certainty that they will receive a license quota for either year. Caveat Emptor!"

10-Jul-15
Hey Kurt/Trophymanager- have you contacted the Hunting Report people yet? SOunds like they REALLY want to talk to you! ;-)

Gobbler- you are right about the corruption. I posted a couple weeks ago on the bear forum about my buddy that got robbed up there while on a Spring bear hunt this year(by the local cops!) He got pulled over for "speeding". He was pulling a fully loaded trailer with ATV's and hunting gear behind his pickup with a large loaded campertop. No way he could have been doing anywhere near what the cop said- which was verified by his buddies following in the truck behind him. Bottom line was he had to fork over $188 American OR Canadian and was told if he did not have cash the cop would follow him to the nearest machine. Also said he needed correct amount, or he would keep the change(difference). He asked to see proof of his speeding, but was told there was no recording of the radar, so his word against the cops. He decided to pay the extortion rather than make another trip up there to fight it. BTW, he was stopped just after checking in his bear, when they were leaving for home.

10-Jul-15
Kurt Santoro....MY- MY- MY, loved your post on that old thread.

10-Jul-15
I do feel bad for the legit outfitters in Quebec. It must suck to be them. If I were them I'd be very proactive about getting the dirtbags to compensate everyone who got screwed. But I think that some of the other businesses were legit at one time too. Sometimes there are factors beyond your control. Herds aren't what they once were either.

But when I read this thread I can't help but think about the attitude when I was up there. That was when Quebec was trying to separate from the rest of Canada. They hated EVERYONE. They talked trash on people from Ontario and new Brunswick as bad as they did about Americans. We did not feel very welcome in Montreal.

I have lots of really good friends in Canada. From NB to Ontario to BC. Really great people. So while we might judge some of the outfitters in Quebec and the government of that province I hope nobody out there is generalizing enough to bunch all Canadians into that group. Just had to throw that out there.

10-Jul-15
Kurt needs hung by the balls and beat from what I understand of this thread and his own admissions of participation in these events. The linked thread from 2013 confirms that.

10-Jul-15
Cant say I've had any trouble with anyone from Quebec. Made some friends that live in Montreal on our 2009 trip. And I've always gotten along great with all the waitresses, stewardess and strippers from Montreal.... Maybe its just me....

10-Jul-15
Mule Power.....absolutely in complete agreement. Well said! Good outfitters have gotten hurt as a combined result of the caribou cartel and lack of will on the part of Quebec's government to address their behaviors. Like it or not, the net effect looked like willful fraud with tacit approval by the province. Bad for business.

10-Jul-15
Justin I am surprised at you son saying what you have. Do you have a dog in this fight? Not saying your wrong but the wording is terrible you know what I am saying.

There's a lot of horror story's going around about everything with these hunts in QB.

I was up in camp with Carr-gar when I went I flew into Montreal got a rental car and left it at the hotel when I got picked up to get the plane to Schefferville. Had an amazing hunt.

I herd that Carr-gar flew for other outfitters up there and not sure if that had anything to do with it or not but no issues were experienced I was lucky I guess and looked out for.

This is sad how things go on like this it really is the entire world is uprooted and its no surprise. This all sure makes me not to want to go back just in case.

11-Jul-15
Glenn, If you like, I'll pm you next time to get your approval before posting.

11-Jul-15
went to Quebec a few years ago. It was nightmare. The guide was a crook and a poacher. He wanted us to shoot Caribou out of the boat. He offered to fly us into a refuge to fill our tags. He told us fishing licenses were included but went the Royal Canadian Mounted Police flew into camp he stashed all the fishing gear in the brush. The list goes on. Most unethical SOB I have ever been around. It was the only guided hunt I have ever been on in my life and the last. I wouldn't go back to Quebec if it was free.

11-Jul-15
Billincamo

how in the world does an unethical guide or outfitter tanslate to a venue.

your post above is no doubt 100% true, but why do you only name the province and not the operation and individual that engaged in such illegal and unscroupulous activity.

if you went bass fishing in florida and the uide fished without licesnes and suggested you take your limit by electroshocking the water would you blame florida and never go back?

11-Jul-15
WV Mountaineer

I think that is the first post I have ever seen from you with out the sign off "God Bless".

I guess a thread suggesting some needs to be "needs hung by their balls and beat" does not warrant such a sign off. LOL

11-Jul-15
Caribu77... Chez Paree..... best thing about Quebec right. Wow!

11-Jul-15
Boubound Grant if i recall u were one of the pro quebec guys back when tuttulik scam hit us , Grant you should go back and read your negative remarks you made to me and others .

11-Jul-15
Long thought that Quebec caribou hunting is the equivalent of visiting a club full of strippers and hoping you walk out with the prom queen. Could happen...I guess. If you lose your money, the club isn't refunding you.

11-Jul-15
Lou I was pro good outfitters in Quebec and had three great trips with tuttulick before they robbed people and collapsed. Horrendous outcome driven by thrives.

I am still pro good outfitters in Quebec and anti bad outfitters in Quebec which I guess is the point. My support or disdain is directed at deserving entities not a place on the map.

11-Jul-15
No matter what, I will never go to Quebec! Until they address the issues and provide basic protections for consumers! As I have read this and the other issues.

Why won't the "good" guides get off their butts and actually do something to fix it? Ultimately Quebec and the ones running legit businesses should have the power to fix this unless they are all getting paid some how. I know I will not be hunting there until they provide basic consumer protections!

11-Jul-15
Lou

Also with regard to the negative comments they were never made without empathy for those, like you, who were robbed of $5300 each.

I do recall that there were a handful of guys who lost money who directly blamed me to some degree for their loss since I was so vocal in my support of tuttulik based on my real experiences. I had good trips and rebooked, and spoke highly of them, just like the Bowsite leaders did when they ran a live hunt and booked an promoted a second one (that was ultimatel lost in the 2008 debacle). I was offended by those comments and found them crazy. that would be akin to someone booking a sheep hunt with Brent Sinclair, losing money, and saying you were partially to blame since you spoke so highly of Sinclair.

I do especially credit the guys who moved on immediately and booked other hunts on short notice, while short on funds, and made something happen to replaces the 2008 problem. they moved on in a matter of weeks and posted stories about success in those endeavors. others, to this day, are still hung up on the loss and have not moved on. they choose instead to blame a place vs. a company or a person. stuff happens. we have to persevere.

11-Jul-15
Grant for the record it was Tanner Sinclair who i speak great about as a guide and person. Grant loves changing the story to direct attention away from the topic at hand .

As with regard to the negative remarks!!! Grant says they were never made without empathy towards those that got robbed. Grant explain your need to attack guys that just lost a lot of money , lost vacation time ,airfare etc ,, Grant why kick those American hunters when down on there luck !

Grant i never took your negative remarks serious just you being you , But if u go back and read some post a few bowsiters wanted to hang you on a meat hook !

The past is the past i only post about Quebec to Warn other hunters about all the Scams over the years .

11-Jul-15
Grant also to booth the bou hunting up there has gone south , i recall many going with bow only having to use gun or have no chance !

11-Jul-15
To be perfectly clear, my main issue is with the provincial government and their general hands-off attitude toward attacking this problem...the fraudulent behavior of more than a few outfitters over many years. A bad outfitter here or there is gonna happen, and there is typically some recourse in dealing with them...unless they're lucky enough to be housed in Quebec. How long does anyone think these guys would hide from accountability in Alaska or the Yukon? The Yukon Outfitters Association would march them to the gallows.

11-Jul-15
The biggest problem with Quebec is Quebec. I know many Canadians personally and don't know many that don't wish quebec would just disappear. Just one of many stories personally, but I will avoid the Montreal airport at all cost. They take airport nightmares to a whole new level....which isn't an administrative thing...it's an attitude thing.

11-Jul-15
Louis, I disagree with the statement that the bou hunting has gone south. A better way to put it is, Bou hunting is no longer guarantee. Its actually turned into.....hunting. And every trip I've been up on (4) I've always had a chance at bou in bow range. Not always a giant, but always an opportunity.

This thread and every quebec caribou thread does make me laugh anymore. I realize some people have had bad experiences there. But 100x more people have enjoyed the hell out of it. Its a proven fact that people are far far more likely to talk about a bad trip and write a bad review on it than those people that had a good trip. Type 2015 chevy truck problems into google sometime. Why anyone would buy one is beyond me. Point being there are probably 100,000 perfect ones to every bad one. People still buy them.

And to the gentleman that had issues with the corrupt police in quebec. A) that sucks. B) if you think it is only in quebec.....you have another thing coming. Happens everyday somewhere in the US as well.

This Thread was started by Kurt Santoro. An American that has helped screw over many other Americans in Quebec. Warn people about him. Warn them about Safari. Tell them do do the research to find the best caribou hunt available. But don't blindly put down the entire country and every caribou outfitter because you had a bad experience with 1 of them.

11-Jul-15
+1 coelker

I understand a bad hunting experience can happen anywhere. I also understand theft can happen anywhere. What I don't understand is why the authorities in Quebec don't seem to care about (American) hunters that have been victimized by blatant fraud and theft.

I've been wanting to do a caribou hunt for years, but I'll spend my money elsewhere until Quebec decides to support American hunters that have been ripped off.

11-Jul-15
Coelker/Wild1 stupid question, but what about the canadian hunters that lost there hunt and money? Did they get it back?

Unfortunately the world we live in rarely works off handshakes anymore. And we all have to cover our own back sides. If that means you don't hunt Quebec, more power to you. But sorry for your loss as well. Maybe it means we have to buy trip insurance. We did learn from these events that these guys that paid with credit cards got there money back.

11-Jul-15
Heading to Québec again in 5 weeks to hunt with Jack Hume Adventures... this time I'm bringing my 13 year old daughter...a chance at 2 caribou a piece and world class trout fishing...I believe this is the best-valued outfitted wilderness hunt going, particularly for those of us in the Northeast.

When considering with whom to book in 2007 between Tuttulik and JHA, I fortunately chose JHA...the deciding factor for me was the fact Jack Hume's name is/was his business. To me, then and now, that speaks volumes.

For those who have followed the saga that has been Québec caribou hunting over the past 8 years, you are aware of the lengths Richard has gone to not only give his clients the best experience possible, but also those who were screwed by the outfitters mentioned above.

JHA is the only outfitter in Québec I would ever consider. In 4 more years, I expect to return with my 9 year old daughter.

Take care. Mike

11-Jul-15
bb X2.

I've never had a person turn their back on me before going through Montreal airport. An airport official turned his back on me when I was asking a question, directions. When I moved back in front of him he turned around again. When I went to the airport desk I was told "So? Maybe he didn't want to talk to you."

Finally made it to New Brunswick for my hunt, told them of my experience.... they said "now you know all you need to know about Montreal.... "

11-Jul-15
TD, that guy probably had bad breath and just didn't want to offend you. You should have given him the benefit of the doubt! That;s what Bou Bound and Caribou77 would have done! ;-)

12-Jul-15
Hello Perry Time to move on :>

12-Jul-15
LOL! Yes Lou, please forgive me, I forgot! We need to "immediately" move on- that is the politically correct thing to do! ;-)

15-Jul-15
Speaking of rude Montreal officials, I'll never forget the snide, bitchy comment I got from a Montreal customs official when checking my passport (after my response to the usual question about whether my long case carried a firearm):

"You're using a bow instead of gun? Well, at least you're giving the poor caribou SOME chance."

16-Jul-15
Quebec is running out of outfitters .

16-Jul-15
Well, evidently Richard Hume thinks Lou and I are picking on him! (as he stated in his PM ;-)

So let me make this very clear- I am not saying all Quebec outfitters are bad. Unfortunately though, we all know how it works..................if you are a member of a larger organization, you undoubtedly will reap the consequences when things go south! I have no doubt that Richard Hume runs a top notch business. However he is a member of the Quebec Outfitters Association and does business in Quebec. With all the problems that have occurred up there the last 10 years or so and the lack of action by the Association and the government to help AMerican Hunters get restitution or compensation, this reflects badly on all outfitters, whether justified or not. Just a fact of life- call it "collateral Damage" if you will.

I have personally made the decision to stay out of Quebec, so I have no dog in this fight. And I am not singling Jack Hume out. This is a personal decision. Everyone has to make up their own mind. But I think folks should have all the information before making that decision.

16-Jul-15
I have hunted with Richard Hume and I will be again. He and his wife run a top notch operation. As to Quebec and Montreal, well they are what they are. There are crooked outfitters everywhere, but it seems that Quebec has more than its fair share. I am just saying that based on my experience, Richard is not one of them. Hunting caribou on the tundra is a wonderful experience and when you get the privilege to actually experience the migration, there is nothing like it. That animal is made for bowhunting.

16-Jul-15
I guarantee you more hunters lost more money in the US last year on bankrupt operations than they did in Quebec. This issue is Quebec is visible and it all happened to one group at one time due to one situation.

And don't say "yeah, but in the US I can go to court".

You have apparently never stood in line as an unsecured creditor at a bankruptcy hearing if you think that will really matter to an average joe with a lost deposit due to US outfitter default.

it certainly does not matter to me if anyone else hunts in Quebec or Canada, but if you choose not to at least do it with a realistic view of the situation and the differences (or lack thereof) with your other options (including risk and reward).

16-Jul-15
Bou Bound- that's the point. It never even GOT to the courts! ;-)

Also, I make my decision based on a multitude of factors. Tutulik and Safari Nordik are just 2 of those factors. The others involve both personal experience and experience of others, as stated above in regards to how Quebec treats visitors.

And we didn't even bring up the Native Uprising that occurred in Schefferville that happened one year that caused major problems OR the group of hunters that got arrested in Labrador another year because they were hunting "unguided" (when they thought they were legal! ;-)

All these factors combined help me make up my mind.

16-Jul-15
Grant how much are you out from the quebec scam If u say nada then its best you move on ! Grant the right thing to do is inform American hunters of the crooks in Quebec .

16-Jul-15
Lou

If you mean out financially, I am out nothing. Actually it is just the opposite. I had two extraordinary tundra hunts with Tutulik and one very good hunt with them before they became destitute criminals. I have since had one exceptionally great hunt with Richard Hume and have another booked with him.

So I am "out" $0.00 dollars and "in" the value of four great hunts that I invested about $20,000 in but am richer for having visited the tundra and look forward to a 5th in a couple years.

Your passion is to inform people of the crooks in Quebec which is fine, but somewhat like warning people the horse is out of the barn and go close the door. The people you are warning our fellow hunters of are aleady dead and gone. Harmless. It's kind of like someone who got burned by Madoff warning people today about Madoff.

My passion is to inform people of the upside to hunting the north country which is fine. It serves a benefit since people who want to can actually use my information to gain something they otherwise may not have had. The people I am supporting before our fellow hunters of are still alive and helping to make dreams become memories.

We both serve a purpose here I believe. I am not suggesting you "move on" from your message and don't plan to take your counsel that I "move on" from mine.

One thing I do know.............nothing I say will result in you spending a nickel in the province of Quebec and nothing you say will prevent me from revisting it to hunt with solid outfitters like Richard Hume as my schedule allows.

16-Jul-15
This level of diplomacy is completely non-entertaining.

17-Jul-15

cityhunter's embedded Photo
cityhunter's embedded Photo
Rut Nut why bother having a Quebec outfitters Ass,big joke . Were is Dominc Dunn im still waiting a call back on the update !!! like i said crime pays in Quebec ! Common sense 200 American get over 1million dollars stolen vanished gone . Quebec Govt Refuses to do a thing about it says they cant and wont .I ask u what kind of Govt supports crime the Quebec Govt does ,,So why would any American fork over your money to these indvials .

Grant not all of us Americans have the money u spend on all your guided hunts . Some saved years for that hunt and your remarks were time to move on . Grant im sure if you sat at a table with these robbed American hunters you would not be saying move on ! Grant 6000 to you i guess is not a big deal but to many of us it is .

Grant if u sit here and promote Quebec for only the good hunts, you have had in the past and not a word of the troubles, and you have knowledge of it ,Then u are not helping other hunters make a good choice .

Hunters need all the facts good bad ugly, and Quebec has a history of UGLY !

With all the facts then a hunter can make a decision to go hunt Quebec .

Since 2008 what's has the Quebec Govt or Quebec ASS have in place to stop the lawless outfitters ???NADA

I bet many of the those that got scamed in this saari nordik had no clue to all the problems in Quebec .

Rut nut let Richard be upset call me names behind my back . Dear!!!!! Richard HUME im not the problem only the messenger !

On a side note go to Quebec no outifitter needed for BLK bear baited hunts DIY

03-Aug-15
It's been about this time the last two years in a row that we get a letter from safari telling us no tags. I guess this year we won't get even an apology or IOU! I came to the realization along time ago we were screwed but We have had over $22,000 stolen from us and that really sucks while these guys are still free to walk the streets and continue to do business. Even if it's under another company name.

04-Aug-15
I feel bad for you guys, Gregg! Maybe Trophy Manager/Kurt Santoro will come back on here and explain what his plan is(for restitution). I wouldn't hold my breath, though! :(

04-Aug-15
Sad deal if i ever go up to Quebec it will be with richard Hume he gave me his word he would try his hardest to provide me a good hunt !

04-Aug-15
Word doesnt mean squat!

I had Martin and Nick's word too when I called them in June of 2013 and before we sent our final balance questing the tag availbilty since it was cut to all the outfitters the month before. I specifically questioned this and was promised all was well. Here we are 3 years later and nothing to show for it!

04-Aug-15
Lou

don't feel too special. Richard tries his hardest to give each and every one of his 200 guys a year a great hunt..........and he does it. you'll just be one of the guys when you go.

• Sitka Gear