glass eye 02-Aug-15
chasintheslam 03-Aug-15
glass eye 17-Oct-15
Blacktail Bob 17-Oct-15
Bou'bound 17-Oct-15
glass eye 17-Oct-15
Blacktail Bob 19-Oct-15
30-Jul-15
ill be heading up the haul in a few weeks to hopefully find some caribou ill have a pack raft and was wondering who all has crossed it and what kind of conditions I should expect?

30-Jul-15
I'm sure it will be highly dependent on recent weather. When I was up there 15 years ago in late June there was still ice boiling and churning down the river. I wouldn't have crossed it with anything other than a helicopter! I didn't need or want to cross though...I was just backpacking through the area. I approached the Sag through Atigun Gorge to the confluence of the Atigun and the Sag. Stunning area and lots of bears. I think we saw 7 griz in 3 days on that trip. Never slept too well. Would love to go back someday though. Enjoy.

30-Jul-15
post this on www.outdoorsdirectory.com. I know of one guy that did it in a raft and said it was dicey.

30-Jul-15

Nick Muche's embedded Photo
Nick Muche's embedded Photo
It's not bad, just do it and take your time.

30-Jul-15

Nick Muche's Link
Watch this...

30-Jul-15
some nice bulls nick

30-Jul-15
I've got a raft for you Lou and my truck is yours as well. Hope to see you next month.

30-Jul-15
Man that's a hell of an offer . Better take him up on it Lou. Hunt

30-Jul-15
The main thing to remember about crossing rivers close to the mountains is that they can rise RAPIDLY. You can cross one easily and safely today that will kill you tomorrow.

Localized high volume in rivers can be the result of local rain, rain UPSTREAM that you didn't even see, snowfall upstream that you didn't see or even hot weather resulting in snow or glacier melt.

People have died crossing the Sagavanirktok River when they shouldn't even try. No big bull is worth that risk.

But if it does go up to the point where it becomes dangerous, the good news is that if you wait a few days, it will go back down. It drops as quickly as it comes up.

Pete

31-Jul-15
thanks nick, few more weeks for your hunt good luck bud

31-Jul-15
Thanks for posting that video Nick.

I hunted along the pipeline and the Sag in the very early 80s. Was pretty lonely up there then. Chasin we saw a ton of bou and several great bulls. We did not get a bull but only because we could not get across the Sag. That was my excuse anyway. Hopefully you are able to figure out how to cross. Good luck and be safe.

31-Jul-15
I hunted there years ago late 80's. You'll be fine with a raft. Lucky dog, I miss those days. Let me know how your hunt went, I'd really be interested in hearing it.

31-Jul-15
Thanks Nick sweet !!!! sure is wide open up there !!

31-Jul-15
That video is not of me or anyone I know...simply a video of guys crossing the river.

That should clear up the ridiculous PMs I've gotten about ruining bow hunting. Lighten up people.

31-Jul-15
Lynch mob is working itself into a frenzy last few days Nick. Careful what u post.

02-Aug-15
This would do the trick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDi9uFcD7XI

03-Aug-15
ill be sure to open a tread of my hunt up there

17-Oct-15
I have this ARK croc II that I would sell for $300 http://www.ark.co.za/crocs.php

17-Oct-15
I know a guy who saw a big bull on the other side and had no boat so he swam across and killed the bull. He then had to pack the bull back accrss the river.

17-Oct-15
Wow that is impressive.

17-Oct-15

glass eye's embedded Photo
glass eye's embedded Photo
ARK croc II

19-Oct-15
Impressive, but not too smart.

• Sitka Gear