Shiras 30-Jul-15
trapperwilliams 30-Jul-15
dgb 30-Jul-15
Bou'bound 30-Jul-15
Owl 30-Jul-15
Sage Buffalo 30-Jul-15
MeanMachine 30-Jul-15
30-Jul-15
I'll be going to alberta next year for my first lion hunt. I've never flown or been out of the country. My question is baggage fees. I understand all airlines are different but was wanting to what to expect for fees and how to avoid oversized baggage fees because of the size of my case. Any tips or advice will be appreciated.

30-Jul-15
You won't be charged Oversize.

30-Jul-15
I've never been charged oversized rates for my bow case. Just regular baggage fees. Just keep it under 50lbs

30-Jul-15
Same here. As long as you are not over weight and the case isn't ridiculously huge, you'll be fine.

30-Jul-15
Depending on your bow you might be able to fit it in to a duffle bag or something like a badlands terra glide bag. I have used my terra glide on multiple occasions with my bow in it with no problems.

30-Jul-15
I've read that some airlines charge extra for 50 lb+ bags or anything that was over so many inches. I just didn't know how often they enforced the measurement in inches policy. It doesn't sound like they do very often. Thanks everyone.

30-Jul-15
I flew to Alberta twice with a longbow in a PVC tube and was not charged an oversize fee.

30-Jul-15
Do bear in mind there are no airline policies only policies of the person checking you in. And if you disagree just remember who has the final access to your luggage when you head to your gate.

Hint........

It ain't you

30-Jul-15
Check your length requirements. Split your bags to get under 50 each. No problem at all. You'll probably switch to Air Canada once in country.They should be much more hunter friendly than our domestic airlines - perhaps, excepting Southwest.

30-Jul-15
Just assume everything you read is heavily enforced and you will be OK.

Once in a while you get someone behind the counter who gives you a few freebies. It's nice when that happens - it's not often.

Don't sweat the fees just budget for them and you won't get upset about it - nothing you really can do about them.

Most of all - smile, be friendly. It goes a lot further.

30-Jul-15
X2 Sage. I as nice in Edmonton and my bags weren't even weighed. The group of camoclad tards in front of me were being the rude, ugly Americans and paid plenty of overages.

30-Jul-15
You will have no problems.

• Sitka Gear