mixed bag 11-Aug-15
elmer@laptop 12-Aug-15
elmer@laptop 12-Aug-15
mixed bag 12-Aug-15
elmer@laptop 13-Aug-15
mixed bag 14-Aug-15
elmer@laptop 15-Aug-15
10-Aug-15
Going to hunt 21 in Alaska,and wondered if its worthwhile to pick up a wolf or bear tag.I'd really like to take a wolf if opportunity presents itself.Anyone familiar with the unit/area.Is there a good chance of seeing any wolves??Going to buy my locking tag today and wondering if I should add a wolf tag or if odds are too slim and be a waste of money.I've taken a few bears but may want a tag in case theres one messing around camp.No idea what bear population is either.

10-Aug-15
I have no experience in that unit but for the price of a wolf tag, ($30) I would get one.

10-Aug-15

Stekewood's embedded Photo
Stekewood's embedded Photo
Assuming that you will have a rifle available, I would absolutely buy a wolf tag. My buddy and I were taking a little mid day fishing break when we spotted a wolf at the bend in the river. It was a great opportunity that we took advantage of. For $30, its worth having a tag just in case.

10-Aug-15
Are you sure you need a wolf tag in 21B? Some of the predator control areas only require a big game license and tag for wolf. If you will have a rifle it is well worth it even if you need to drop the $30.00. Do your part to help the moose and caribou:)

10-Aug-15
We killed 3 wolves last year during a moose hunt in alaska. None were in bow range....all were in 300RUM range. I can't belive you're even debating over such a cheap tag. That said, you can damn sure lock a bear tag on a wolf.

11-Aug-15
Honestly, I didn't realize thy were that cheap.I didn't look it up yet.I'll be buying one for sure at $30

12-Aug-15
Get both a wolf and a bear tag. Shoot either of them and you help the moose population!!

12-Aug-15
Trying to get a wolf or bear into bow range Isn't that tough. Wolves and bear will come in to a rabbit in distress call. Have also called wolf in using just a blade of grass, making it squeal like a wounded rabbit. Also have called another wolf in to 10 yards just using my lips and squeaking like a mouse.

12-Aug-15
got a wolf tag.Hope I see one but the moose is top priority

13-Aug-15
Mixed Bag, good luck with your hunt! Take lots of pictures and post the stories here.

14-Aug-15
Thanks,very excited to finally moose hunt.I'll be sure to take ALOT of pics.And between me and mulepower,we should have good stories to tell.Getting ready to ship a lot of my gear out in a week and half

15-Aug-15
Mixed Bag, good luck with your hunt! Take lots of pictures and post the stories here.

• Sitka Gear