Contributors to this thread:
spinedoc 12-Aug-15
Charlie Rehor 13-Aug-15
South Farm 13-Aug-15
snapcrackpop 13-Aug-15
sbschindler 15-Aug-15
sbschindler 15-Aug-15
12-Aug-15
I am looking for recommendations for an Ontario Moose hunt for 2016. I have been fortunate to have been able to have gone to Alaska in the past where I was able to take a 62" moose. So I am not looking for a monster.

I would like to take my cousin with me and would like a reputable place with a good success rate.

I know these are kind of vague requests, but any advice or personal experiences would be appreciated.

Thank you

13-Aug-15
PM "Moose Man"! He owns Thousand Lakes, has great results and is a Bowsite Sponsor. Good Luck! C

13-Aug-15
Thousand Lakes, Howey Lake, Kashabowie, Canoe Canada, Thunderhook, Mattice Lake, Loonhaunt, Pasha Lake, Lukinto Lake, Red Lake, and Big North Wilderness Lodge are all worth looking into. I think more than any other North American animal you get what you pay for when it comes to moose, just keep that in mind. I've personally used Mattice Lake, Lukinto Lake, and Big North; I'd recommend any one of them. Lukinto is the best deal going in Ontario for a DIY moose hunt, but both Mattice and Big North can get you away from the people...at a price.

13-Aug-15

snapcrackpop's embedded Photo
snapcrackpop's embedded Photo
South Farm, shhh! Great people!

15-Aug-15
I have hunted with Howey Bay camps 4 times and have had good luck, their moose tags have been cut pretty drastically the past 2 years, if you can get the tags with Howey Bay it is a good choice, next I'd check with Duane at thousand lakes outposts,

15-Aug-15

sbschindler's Link
check out the Moose hunting DVD's from Alex Gouthro, if your hunting Ontario they are the gospel,

• Sitka Gear