Wild Sheep
Contributors to this thread:
jims 28-Aug-15
No Mercy 28-Aug-15
jims 28-Aug-15
kota-man 28-Aug-15
No Mercy 29-Aug-15
28-Aug-15
I was wondering where exactly on the front of the dall sheep horns the length measurement would be taken. The "C" meaurement is somewhat vague in the instructions. It mentions the lower point being the starting point and I'm not exactly sure where this would be. It is obvious from the description and photo of the "C" measurement that it isn't in the middle part of the horn width and not completly out on the outer circumference of the horn. Where this measurement is taken can make a huge difference in score since all the base measurements distances from the this starting point are derived from the length.

28-Aug-15
The length of horn is measured from the lowest point in front on the outer curve to a point in line with the tip. DO NOT press tape into depressions. The low point of the outer curve of the horn is considered to be the low point of the frontal portion of the horn, situated above and slightly medial to the eye socket (not the outside edge). Use a straight edge, perpendicular to the horn axis, to end the measurement on broomed horns.

From Boone and Crockett

28-Aug-15
What the heck does all that mean?

28-Aug-15
It means No Mercy is an official measurer...;)

29-Aug-15
Haha...yes I am.

Don't make it too difficult. It's the lowest point on the front of the horn That lines up with the curvature of the horn. Post a pic of the front and I'll help you out

• Sitka Gear