Contributors to this thread:
Eferry20 30-Aug-15
Bou'bound 31-Aug-15
Elkguide27 31-Aug-15
Sage Buffalo 31-Aug-15
Eferry20 31-Aug-15
Elkguide27 31-Aug-15
30-Aug-15
Getting ready for the fly in hunt on the rock. I'm all packed and have been walking 4-5 miles a day. Also adding 20-30 mins of stairs this week. Any last min advise or gear recommend. Getting excited and hopful.

31-Aug-15
those are really good dates. i'd pick that week everytime and I have been 7 times.

31-Aug-15
Good luck!! who are you hunting with. My wife and I are going with Ironbound Oct 1ST-8TH.

Ive been training for 8 months, Just got done running a 5k with a 40# pack on my back and took 3rd place. I averaged just over a 9min mile.. Should be good to go for moose

31-Aug-15
Elk you are a beast!!!

31-Aug-15
Elk, Your crazy, you should have no problem at all. Heck you can pack out my Moose for me. I am going with Portland Creek. I hunted the rock in 2013 with no luck my dad got a nice bull. We went a little early and the temps were high. Good luck to all hoping to hit the rut.

31-Aug-15
Well some people said that its harder than elk hunting and I have about killed myself guiding and packing elk out of some spots. I wanted to make sure I was in the best shape of my life for moose hunting and I think I am!! I'm sure I will have to help the wife quite a bit anyway. I hope we hit the rut as well or they at least are responding to the call. I want to hopefully get my wife's bull on video if she is successful.

• Sitka Gear