Rock 01-Sep-15
Ambush 01-Sep-15
Ambush 01-Sep-15
Rock 01-Sep-15
Rock 01-Sep-15
t-roy 01-Sep-15
Elkaddict 16-Oct-15
01-Sep-15
September 1st and the main hunting season is upon me quicker than I thought. So time to buy most of my tags for the season. Mule deer, whitetail, moose, elk, caribou, grizzly, sheep, goat, cougar, lynx and I have black bear tags left from spring.

In September the main focus is on caribou. Ten days in the Dease Lake area of BC. Drive to the jump off and then quad in for several hours to where we will set up a main camp and can spike out from there on foot.

While it's caribou we want, we also have tags for moose, goat sheep, [I do my partner's sheep tag is punched] and I have a grizzly tag. We will likely see all of these. Legal sheep can be tough to find, but lots of moose and grizzlies are fairly common. We are going to try and not get sidetracked, but if a good opportunity arises, we'll make a play.

We will hopefully come out with two bulls and maybe a bonus critter if things go great. Should be home in time to reorganize for an October moose rut hunt. Should be another great fall!!

01-Sep-15
Is that all?...ha!

Good luck Ambush. You're blessed with a fantastic variety of opportunities.

01-Sep-15
Just rub it in, Good Luck Rod. I only have Mule Deer, (2) WT Deer, Elk, Black Bear, Antelope, Turkey and Moose.

01-Sep-15
How is it going with that moose Ron?

You must have a short list on a few by now.

01-Sep-15
Sticksender, I hope I have half your luck and adventure!

To be honest I believe that most hunters that come up here guided work way harder than many of us that have it on our doorstep. Us residents are sometimes a bit complacent because we think we have lots of time and opportunity.

01-Sep-15

Rock's embedded Photo
Rock's embedded Photo
Here is one neat one I found that has double Drop Tines

01-Sep-15

Rock's embedded Photo
Rock's embedded Photo
Here another from a couple of months ago. This is all I have on this computer.

01-Sep-15
Good luck Rod!

Very jealous of all tags!

I did kill a moose up in that area years ago. I think we took off of Dease Lake to our outpost. Beautiful country for sure!

16-Oct-15
Updates on filling of any of those tags?

• Sitka Gear