Unit 17 WY antelope
Pronghorn
Contributors to this thread:
Marsh 17-Sep-15
archeryav 20-Sep-15
Marsh 21-Sep-15
archeryav 22-Sep-15
17-Sep-15
I am heading to Gillette Sept. 30th to yes I know rifle hunt antelope. I am bringing my bow and hope to hunt with it. First question is it legal to hunt with a bow during rifle season? I looked at regs quick and didn't see anything. I have ordered a topo map and gps chip. I have one landowner out there that is willing to let me hunt for free. I do not have a good plan B if this connection does not work. Public land sounds like it gets pounded. Anyway any help or other suggestions would be appreciated. I would be willing to pay a small trespass fee. Oh yah and this is my first pronghorn hunt. Thanks.

17-Sep-15
Pm sent

20-Sep-15

archeryav's embedded Photo
archeryav's embedded Photo
Hi I was hunting last week in WY unit 17 with Blue Rock Outfitter. I got this hunt from Bow and Arrows Adventure / Scott Alberda. I saw some awesome bucks and I was lucky to shoot this gorgeous buck. He Scores 74 PY. Then I went hunting also in public land with my guide but we were not able to so many antelopes. We saw maybe 12 antelopes during the morning in the public land.

Good luck for your hunt.

21-Sep-15
Great antelope archeryav! How tall was he? Looks like pretty flat terrain. My contact out there said the public land was pretty good, so now I am even more nervous about how reliable his information is. Oh well I can't wait to get to WY.

22-Sep-15
I can't remember Marsh, the terrain depends where you are. When I went in the public land, we had a lot of hills.

• Sitka Gear