bhunter 05-Oct-15
TD 05-Oct-15
mountainman 06-Oct-15
BOWUNTR 06-Oct-15
GhostBird 06-Oct-15
04-Oct-15

bhunter's embedded Photo
bhunter's embedded Photo
Had a great time in Greenland. What a place to experience. There were a good number of animals. We had cool temps and rain ,snow and some wind but no bugs.

04-Oct-15
Please post all your photos and details. That is an adventure I would love to do Looks so very cool

04-Oct-15

bhunter's embedded Photo
bhunter's embedded Photo
We were the last hunt for the season. There were 5 hunters including myself and I was the only bowhunter. Two others brought bows but ended up using a rifle.

04-Oct-15

bhunter's embedded Photo
bhunter's embedded Photo
This was camp. Frank built it in June of this year. It is a one room cabin with bunk beds a table, cook stove and cabinets and counter top.

04-Oct-15

bhunter's embedded Photo
bhunter's embedded Photo

04-Oct-15

bhunter's embedded Photo
bhunter's embedded Photo
Did a little fishing one day while glassing for animals.

04-Oct-15
Wha t did you do with the meat. Could not get it back right.

04-Oct-15

bhunter's embedded Photo
bhunter's embedded Photo
Pat yes we did and what a great guy to go with. Frank is here behind me in this picture. Thanks to Pat and others here on bowsite for answering question I had about this hunt last year when I was interested in Greenland.

04-Oct-15
Congrats and thanks for posting!

04-Oct-15

bhunter's embedded Photo
bhunter's embedded Photo
They keep the meat. We did get to eat muskox while in camp. did not see many caribou. but did get this picture of these 2 bulls. The gal that was hunting with us shot the one on the right. I did not think I could not get close enough as one already spotted us so I let her shoot it. We were having lunch in the boat near shore when I spotted these the dandy bulls.

04-Oct-15

bhunter's embedded Photo
bhunter's embedded Photo
This is what he looks like. And she shot him at 65 yards. If I would have known that they were not going the take off I may have had a chance.

04-Oct-15

bhunter's embedded Photo
bhunter's embedded Photo

04-Oct-15

bhunter's embedded Photo
bhunter's embedded Photo
Very neat looking landscape. If you don't mind I am going to show the other muskox the hunters killed. They are rifle shot.

04-Oct-15

bhunter's embedded Photo
bhunter's embedded Photo
First up was blair from Alberta CA. He was using a Winchester 1893 take down 33 caliber lever action rifle. They no longer make casings or bullets for this round so he makes them him self. The previous owner had carved in the stock. Moose Sept.6,1906,elk Sept. 16,1907 and several others. He said he was to carve the success of this hunt as well. I thought that was kind of cool.

04-Oct-15

bhunter's embedded Photo
bhunter's embedded Photo
Next up was me. I used a hoyt carbon spider 30 with 65# limbs and victory VAP elite arrows with 92 gr. ss inserts with 100gr. broadheads (magnus stinger 4 blade). I also added paracord inside the shafts. with a lighted knock the total arrow WT is 530 grains. In green land the rules are you have to shoot a minimum 60 # draw and arrow must be at least 525 grain. If you lok at the bosses on my muskox they gouges on them from fighting and he had quite a few scares.

04-Oct-15

bhunter's embedded Photo
bhunter's embedded Photo
More later I have things to do.

04-Oct-15

bhunter's embedded Photo
bhunter's embedded Photo

04-Oct-15
Thanks for sharing, glad you had a awesome adventure. What is the average distance for a shot on a muskox? Forrest

04-Oct-15

bhunter's embedded Photo
bhunter's embedded Photo
most of where we hunted was good for stalking into bow range. I shot 20 yards on my first arrow and went around and was able to get within 20yards again for a follow up shot. Blair shot his at about 70,and the others 65to 80.

04-Oct-15

bhunter's embedded Photo
bhunter's embedded Photo

04-Oct-15

bhunter's embedded Photo
bhunter's embedded Photo

04-Oct-15

bhunter's embedded Photo
bhunter's embedded Photo

04-Oct-15
What we're all in cost on that hunt.

04-Oct-15

bhunter's embedded Photo
bhunter's embedded Photo
This is the inside of the cabin. It was sure nice to have a place to get out of the weather and dry out.

04-Oct-15
wow....stunning landscape!

04-Oct-15

bhunter's embedded Photo
bhunter's embedded Photo
No bow hunt to greenland is complete without a toast to success with some whisky and glacier ice. cheers!

04-Oct-15

bhunter's embedded Photo
bhunter's embedded Photo

04-Oct-15
A really neat adventure. Thanks for sharing. You and the other hunters got some beautiful trophies.

04-Oct-15
Wow incredible,congratulations with the memory's for a lifetime there.

04-Oct-15
Awesome pics Dave! I especially like the one of the bluffs with the reflection in the water. Congrats on your bull as well.

I'm looking very hard at this hunt. Looks like it would be an incredible experience.

04-Oct-15
Congrats! Looks like a great trip!!!

Keep it rolling!

Mark

04-Oct-15
Great pictures, that looks amazing. I have been thinking of doing this hunt as well, ever since Pat had his story on here. Was that a lower number of caribou than normal or are they difficult to find? That is a great caribou that she shot!

04-Oct-15
Keep it coming! Love the pics! Congrats!

04-Oct-15

bhunter's embedded Photo
bhunter's embedded Photo
Keep in mind this was booked as a combo hunt. Its hard to have enough day's to hunt both. The caribou were in rut so with snow in the high country and rut they could be easier to access. These do not migrate so you have to hike hard to get to them each day.

04-Oct-15

bhunter's embedded Photo
bhunter's embedded Photo
You need to be in shape to get to them. In this picture we found some as far away s you can see.

04-Oct-15

bhunter's embedded Photo
bhunter's embedded Photo
We did well as the terrain was not great for getting into bow range.

04-Oct-15

bhunter's embedded Photo
bhunter's embedded Photo
Very fortunate to get an arrow in one.

04-Oct-15

bhunter's embedded Photo
bhunter's embedded Photo
Last day of the hunt.

05-Oct-15
Thanks for sharing your adventure. Great pictures. I'm booked on this hunt next year. Really looking forward to making the trip.

05-Oct-15
This is AWESOME with a capital A! Definitely on my list. Congratulations!

05-Oct-15
Very nice. Congrats! I'm not usually one for rifle stuff posted on this particular site, but that old lever action with the stock carvings is just plain cool!

05-Oct-15
Outstanding! Congrats!

05-Oct-15
Congratulations on a great trip. Looks a little more comfortable having a cabin and decent temperatures. I shivered so bad on my spring hunt it was a wonder my arrow ever found its mark.

05-Oct-15
Great thread. I'm curious about the all in costs as well. I talked to Frank a good bit earlier in the year and had a pretty good estimate worked up.

Has he worked out anything cheaper on getting the horns/capes back? That was one thing that kind of shocked me was the cost of the tanning/crating/shipping.

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Congrats on the adventure!

05-Oct-15
The tanning & shipping costs are expensive. Everything has to go to/from Denmark which drives the cost up.

05-Oct-15
Very cool! Thanks for sharing.

05-Oct-15
Yes sir Chief,I noticed that. Just wondering what his all in was, especially on what he had shipped back.

05-Oct-15
In prior conversations with BSC it sounded like it was no less than the Artic hunts which are no less than about 11K all in. I am just looking for some validation on that.

Outfitter payments, international travel, tips, tags, accommodations, basic taxidermy prep (not mounts, but prep for mounts, shipping, food, etc.)

not sure what the added caribou is costwise to the base muskox hunt.

05-Oct-15

bhunter's embedded Photo
bhunter's embedded Photo
My combo hunt will be 12k or so. It is an adventure just to get there. And the cost goes with that. But what a great adventure it was to me.

05-Oct-15

bhunter's embedded Photo
bhunter's embedded Photo
smoked salmon on bread with cream cheese for lunch.

05-Oct-15
what an adventure.... awesome. Congrats!

Factor in caribou and muskox that brings the value up a good deal. As well as it looks like frostbite not being a big issue....

Curious.... not being in NA..... does that mean the muskox cannot be entered into P&Y?

Thanks for the pics and stories!

06-Oct-15
TD. You can enter animals killed in Greenland because it's geographically considered part of North America. Geo politically it's considered part of Europe.

06-Oct-15
Congratulations bhunter.

Muskox and Central Canadian Barren Ground caribou from Greenland can be entered into the Pope and Young Club Records Program. Ed F

06-Oct-15
Congratulations on the adventure!!!

A place most people will never venture.

• Sitka Gear