bowhuntbob 11-Nov-15
RD 11-Nov-15
Master Guide 12-Nov-15
18-Oct-15
Any luck out there?

18-Oct-15

Savora's embedded Photo
Savora's embedded Photo
Here is a spike bull taken with a Triple Sec.

18-Oct-15
Didn't even know they were still made ! Killed my first two deer with them in '79.

18-Oct-15

Drop Tine's embedded Photo
Drop Tine's embedded Photo
How many ya want? Still have some around. I think I went from Bear to the Savora. Then to Rockies. Now using Slick Tricks.

18-Oct-15
killed my 1st buck nov 4th 1989 u just look at them and u got cut !

18-Oct-15
Be sure to shoot them before the season !!

I never could get them to fly good, they were sharp though.

Good Luck !

19-Oct-15
"u just look at them and u got cut !"

:)

still have a faint scar on my left index finger from the early or mid 80's timeframe, maybe '83 if memory serves. I have a few lying around yet in my supply box. i started using Wasp afterwards.

19-Oct-15
20 bucks for 10 heads. Like the price!

01-Nov-15

bowhuntbob's embedded Photo
I use a Savora Titanium DelMastro Hpv 100 built by Del Delmastro and Bryan Fry of Radical Archery Design. Here is the Black Bear I took in Alberta this spring. Have also dropped a couple whitetails as well.

01-Nov-15
Softest tip on the mark back then. Lots of guys cut their fingers pushing those blades forward to lock them in also. Seems to me, old Duke was not using stainless steel for those blades and they rusted pretty quick. We'd put Vasaline on them and some of the others so they would not rust.

02-Nov-15
The original was an outstanding head, nothing came close to it. On hogs and elk it was the best of its class for the folks that shot lite poundage bows. There blade angle was the key to there success.

05-Nov-15
Master guide your experience was much different than mine, I watched my buddy shoot at a mule deer doe at 15 yards and the arrow bounced off her. IMO they were junk.

05-Nov-15
The arrow bounced off her at 15 yards?? Was his draw weight under 10lbs? I could get a judo to stick through a deer at 15 yards with a 50# draw weight.

05-Nov-15
In the 70s I saw a guy kill a very good mule deer in hart mt . Ore. In the excitement of the hunt he pulled a judo head from his bow quiver. It was about a 30 yard shot in the lungs. The arrow went in about 12 inches. The hunter did not no he shot the judo head until the buck fell. Soooo RD I guess strange things happen IMO.

06-Nov-15
lol...sure, the Savora's were decent heads, as where the Wasps. And at the time, even the old Satelites were decent heads. But like mentioned earlier, they were very soft, and would bend on bone. I sure wouldn't call them the best head for lite poundage bows at the time...

06-Nov-15

Dante24's embedded Photo
Dante24's embedded Photo
This old warrior that I rattled in 10/23/15 fell to a savora broadhead. I have had a stockpile I have been hunting with the last 15 years. I'll probably run out in the next couple seasons which will be rough.

11-Nov-15

These are not the Broadheads of the seventies. Check out the new 2015 line of Savora Broadheads at savora archery.com

11-Nov-15
M PAULS, the bow the guy was shooting was a bear whitetail compound set at 68#.

12-Nov-15
Buglmin, if you will read it again, I said they were the best of that class of head . The screw on with razor blades. I agree that they were far from the best head for lite wt. bows. To this day the vast majority of clients still show up to hunt with a screw on razorblade heads.

• Sitka Gear