Huntcell 22-Oct-15
Elkguide27 23-Oct-15
Elkguide27 23-Oct-15
SteveB 23-Oct-15
LWood 23-Oct-15
22-Oct-15

Elkguide27's embedded Photo
We booked a hunt with Ironbound Outfitters and had the absolute best hunt one could ask. Despite being delayed flying into camp due to the bad weather. Once we got into camp it was a quick unpack and we were off after moose. Saw over 15 moose the first evening and I passed on a small bull with my bow and a cow inside 15yrds. Great start to the Hunt. Long story short we packed into a spike camp 2 days later and my wife and I were able to harvest 2 awesome moose. We ended up just taking the rifle into spike camp but My wife still shot hers at 38yrds and it came in on a string. Total we saw over 60 moose in 5 days of hunting and passed on 7 different bulls.. An absolutely awesome trip!!! I can't say enough about the staff and area Mark has to hunt moose in

22-Oct-15

22-Oct-15

22-Oct-15

22-Oct-15

22-Oct-15
Nice job! You both got Moose, that must of been a heck of a pack out.Congrats to you and your wife.

This is one on my bucket list. Over 60 moose, now that's something id like to see one day. I assume you took yours with the bow also?? There's more to the story, do tell.

Thanks for sharing.

22-Oct-15
Good stuff! A buddy and I are booked with them for 2017. Really looking forward to it.

Congrats to both of you!

22-Oct-15
Elk that is awesome!!!

Walking through the bogs is fun isn't it!!!

Nick here's a video of my hunt if you are bored:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrM9rWzh4rg

It's mostly scenery, helicopter ride and dead moose :). It all happened so fast on the first evening that I didn't get any other moose on video :).

I went late in the year and next time will go during the rut. I was using rifle and glad I was cause once the rut is over getting close would have been very tough.

22-Oct-15
Those are great bulls for Newfoundland. Congrats...Did you see much for caribou?

22-Oct-15
Yeah saw caribou every day for the most part we actually had a caribou hunter in camp with us and he took a great stag

22-Oct-15
Nick, Are you the only guy that lives in Alaska and goes to Newfoundland for a moose hunt? lol

22-Oct-15
I think they are chasing "Woodies"...(that doesn't sound right, does it)

22-Oct-15
lol....okay, that makes a little more sense.

22-Oct-15
Which camp were you in? Congrats to you and your wife on the moose !!! We hunted Sharon Valley this year with Ironbound. Good outfitter for sure. My group went 3/4, with me being the only one who did not harvest.

22-Oct-15
Well done. Why do they always die in the water? Ha! Nice trip.

22-Oct-15
Herd where Ironbound is 90% water. It's going to die in the water there :)!!

22-Oct-15
Those are fantastic bulls from what I usually see come from Newfie If ask which species they were? I would have never guess it!

You did great!

23-Oct-15
We were in Jason Lake camp but then we spiked camped into a place called Meat pond and that is where we both killed out bulls. We actually shot them the same day. and actually since the water was rock bottom and clean I didn't mind quartering it in the water, kept my knife and hands clean..lol

23-Oct-15

23-Oct-15
Man those are nice Newfie bulls!

23-Oct-15
I heard them mention Jason Lake camp. Thanks!

• Sitka Gear