Drahthaar 30-Oct-15
LUNG$HOT 30-Oct-15
Bear Track 30-Oct-15
Hawkeye 30-Oct-15
Hollywood 30-Oct-15
27-Oct-15

Bear Track's embedded Photo
A while back, I asked for opinions on which moose I should be mounting. I had one with great palms and long but weak fronts and one with weak palms but great fronts. The bigger and heavier with the weaker fronts won out. Here's the winner, and have to say, Jeannine did add more than her 2 cents to this choice.

27-Oct-15

Now roll the calendar ahead to Sept. 5th and I am at Rocking R hunting elk for my first time and I arrow this 6x6. This posed a dilemma also. Do I do a European mount because it's not a Pope and Young, or do I disregard what it scores because this 60 year old prairie boy has never shot an elk, let alone a 6x6 and having the room, do I mount it anyhow because my dream was always to have a moose in my cabin up in the vaulted ceiling, and I have now nearly finished my cabin. Here's my elk which exactly 30 days after the kill was made, was fully mounted ready for the trip to the cabin.

27-Oct-15

This past Sunday with scaffolding and my 5' 1" helper I got both heads up into their spot for good.

27-Oct-15

Another shot.

I don't have any deer mounted yet for the place and will only be adding one. Old pictures after that.

27-Oct-15
Trying again.

27-Oct-15
That's two great looking mounts. If you re-position the speed goats, you can easily get three more deer mounts up there :)

27-Oct-15
Looks great!

27-Oct-15
Nice cabin, great views, both inside and out!

Congrats!

Best of Luck, Jeff

27-Oct-15
Looks great, Ron!

27-Oct-15
Looks good!!

27-Oct-15
You killed it 30 days ago and now its on the wall. WoW! Never heard

such fast turn around time I am stunned! How is that even possible?

That's a story in its self. Man O Man

Thats setting the taxidermy bar HIGH!

27-Oct-15
Way to go! Looks great

27-Oct-15
Looks great

27-Oct-15
Me like.

27-Oct-15
Looks great Ron!

Huncell: Ron is also a Taxidermizer.

27-Oct-15
Awesome! That's exactly what I would've done too!

Congrats! They look great!

27-Oct-15
They look great!

27-Oct-15
Ron, That looks great , what a view! Souch looks like he's enjoying the cabin also.

27-Oct-15
Yes Huntcell, a week after I got home from my hunt, I had it fleshed and salted. It takes a week to tan it myself, having the right equipment. Once the form was ready, a day to mount it. 2 weeks to dry and it's wall ready. Our cabin is near Rainy River on Lake of the Woods which has 2 ways to get there, and one is through Minnesota, the other way is through Ontario. To take taxidermy mounts to the cabin through the US there's export and import permits required and lots of BS so the long way around which is 5 1/2 hours drive was going to include all the mounts planned for this year. One mount was a Bald Eagle for someone else (legal here) and I'd never get through the border with that thing. In the end, I had it all timed to get mounts completed for my trip 2 weeks ago.

27-Oct-15
Nice job Ron! Gotta love looking at those beautiful critters and the memories they bring. Look great in that cabin!

A year ago an elk was a dream.....now a 6x6 is on your wall!

Good choice!

27-Oct-15
Thumbs up Ron!

27-Oct-15
Seems like I remember that elk Ron. Beautiful mounts for your cabin.

28-Oct-15
What a view!

Dang nice

Good luck, Robb

28-Oct-15
How about that! Enjoy for many years!

30-Oct-15
Beautiful , all the way. Forrest

30-Oct-15
Wow! Next time your headed to the cabin give me a call and I'll come help you rearrange those goats to make more room. ..and I'll bring the fishing pole too, just in case we have extra time. ;)

30-Oct-15
lungshot, we're open for visitors anytime! To be honest, most of the cabin has nothing on the walls, so moving the goats doesn't need to be done. I've got an albino beaver that I'm stretching on a hoop of diamond willow to go up (and don't know how I'm breaking it to Jeannine. Then for sure a deerhead. I collect late 1800's and early 1900's settler or hunting pictures, so thinking of which ones I'll use to add to our woodsy theme. Kelly and Michele Harris have not set their date with us yet, but they are first Bowsiters up.

30-Oct-15
Awesome! Nicely done :)

30-Oct-15
Hell of a nice view!

• Sitka Gear