INbowdude 07-Nov-15
msNEassasin 07-Nov-15
dm/wolfskin 09-Nov-15
INbowdude 21-Nov-15
boothill 21-Nov-15
29-Oct-15

Tradman and Huntress's embedded Photo
It's time for a long overdue update on some of the recent hunts here at Shiloh. Our guests have been taking some mighty fine hogs lately and I've finally remembered to take a few pictures of them. I'm sorry the quality isn't as good as normal. While I remembered to take the pics, it seems I can never remember to bring the camera, so these are all from my phone.

This first picture is John from Kansas with a nice hog taken with his stickbow. Congratulations John!

29-Oct-15

"Omlahoma"? I guess it's time to break down and buy those reading glasses. Geesh!

Anyways, here is Frank from Kansas with another dandy. Good job Frank!

29-Oct-15

Matt from Kansas shot this nice spotted hog. Congrats Matt!

29-Oct-15

Here's Ben from Arkansas with a nice black boar he shot.

29-Oct-15

Here's Ben with his second hog taken later that afternoon. It was good visiting with you again. Don't wait so long to come back down here!

29-Oct-15

And no Shiloh thread is complete without an update on the "Trackin' Kraken". Kai has finally graduated to off-lead tracking with her gps collar so we can recover some of those not-quite-dead hogs. Here she is getting started on a track, finding that first drop of blood. Once we have confirmed that she's on the right track, we turn her loose and then monitor her progress on the handheld. It's quite an improvement over the old bell-on-the-collar we used with Sage.

29-Oct-15

Kai tracked this one about a third mile before she jumped it, but thankfully it only ran about 50 yards before she was able to bay it up for a finishing shot. She sure likes it when those hogs drop dead from her barking at them :)

29-Oct-15
The "Trackin' Kracken" and Omlahoma is a riot. Can't wait to get back down there. Missing my hog hunting fix.

Congrats all on some mighty fine hogs.

29-Oct-15
awesome! Getting my hog hunting fix vicariously

29-Oct-15
Awesome! Was hoping you'd have an update on Kai. Looks like she is doing great!

29-Oct-15
All right! I'm with you INbowdude. I'm having Shiloh withdraws

This is the first year I haven't been able to go ........yet

I know Angella is getting the symptoms of hog withdrawals as well.

29-Oct-15
Not fair Towhead, you live a lot closer than I do. Probably good because I'd be broke. On the other hand, I might be working for them too. Hmmm. My foot isn't broken. Just saying...

29-Oct-15
More Kai pics!

29-Oct-15
This is great news. Watching Kai work will be worth the price of admission all by itself.

29-Oct-15
Come on January 15

29-Oct-15
Thanks for the update, looking good . I really like kai. Forrest

29-Oct-15
The whole Fulton family is looking forward to our visit over Christmas break! Assuming your goat milk beauty products are gluten-free, the girls are surely up for one! I hope you guys are doing well and enjoying the Fall!

29-Oct-15
Not good enough, Cheryl.

We need videos, with sound, of Kaister working up some wounded pigs.

Need to get her a Go Pro that attaches to her collar.

Man, I bet that'd almost make a feller sick to his stomach watching, as fast as she probably tears through the woods after those pigs.

I kinda know how those pigs feel. I've barely survived some of the times my wife was barking at me!

02-Nov-15

Matt and I were just talking the other day about getting some kind of a camera for Kai to wear. That would be awesome to watch her track a hog and then bay it up for us to shoot. We only had one video of Sage baying a hog up at night and have never been able to find it after she passed away. I won't make that mistake again.

Here are a couple more pics from this past weekend. Sorry I didn't get everybody's picture, but the weather wasn't exactly cooperating. This first one is Jared from Missouri with a huge boar he shot in the rain.

02-Nov-15

And here's Jared , also from Missouri with another huge boar. Congratulations guys and thanks for coming to Shiloh Ranch!

02-Nov-15
First week of Jan can't get here soon enough.

06-Nov-15

Check this out! Gary (NEassassin) shot this big hog here on Shiloh Ranch. It weighed over 700 pounds and we're calling it "Boarasaurus". This is by far the biggest hog we've ever seen, let alone had killed here. That's more than 1/3 ton of pork there folks! Congratulations Gary on smashing the biggest hog record!

06-Nov-15
Congrats to the hunter, what a beast! Did you know that monster was on the ranch?

06-Nov-15
What do y'all estimate the age is on that 700 lb'er?

06-Nov-15
Hooo-reeeee shet!

06-Nov-15
Wow. Is that his first or second hog?

06-Nov-15
LOL, Kevin. I hope it was his first!

Congrats Gary! That thing is a monster. Break out the Kubota to move that boar.

Wow!

06-Nov-15
I bet Geoff is glad he is off with a broken foot! Yep, call in the tractor to load that big hog. I'd like to of seen the look over at G&L when Gary took that thing over for processing. That is a whole lot of sausage.

06-Nov-15
Skippy- yeah, it's pretty hard for a beast like that to hide!

Joey-he was well over five years old but can't say for sure as his teeth were wore down to nubs. He had a lot of domestic in him so grew much larger than most feral hogs.

Lol Kevin! ,fortunately for him it was his first. Knowing Gary, he still would have shot it as his second if it walked in front of him.

Mike, it took the Kubota alright, but not the one we haul the hunters in. I'll post that pic when we get back in from tracking tonight.

Brian, all I can tell you is that H&L charged more than $60 for that one!

06-Nov-15
Wow. Is that his first or second hog?

06-Nov-15
Hey Inbowdude, Gary now holds the record for the biggest pig and the only one to take a picnic table!!!

06-Nov-15
G&L....H&L can't believe I got that wrong, dang I hate getting old. Yep I bet the normal $60 didn't even come close to covering that bill.

msNEassisan please tell us more about the picnic table comment. Is there something we should know about? LOL

07-Nov-15
Lol. We were loading up that morning a few years ago. Matt, Cheryl and I were talking as Gary was backing up to turn around and WHAM.... Gary to out the picnic table. Cheryl has said they needed a new one anyway....... It crumbled to the ground. Kind of a running joke for awhile.

07-Nov-15
Did Kai happen to comment on the humongus porker after she came upon it. How is the meat on a pig that big? Hope all is well with you guys.

07-Nov-15
msNEassassin,

Guess I'm going to have to create a P&Y monster hog form for Gary.

Need to run into you all again down at Shiloh one of these days. I'm sure it won't be hard to twist Gary's arm to come back down.

07-Nov-15
Sounds good Mike. Give Gary a call anytime. Would love to see you.

09-Nov-15

Oops! I just realized that I never posted the pic of how we had to load Boarasaurus. His gut pile alone weighed as much as the average hog.

09-Nov-15

It was our pleasure to host this next group, also from Nebraska on their first hog hunt here at Shiloh. All three of these hogs we're exceptional!

Here is Adam with the big boar he shot.

09-Nov-15

Lisa was the next to score with yet another bi boar. Good shot Lisa!

09-Nov-15

And not to be outdone, here's Brad with his big boar. Congratulations to all of you and thanks for coming down to "Omlahoma" to hunt hogs!

09-Nov-15
First picture up top looks like Col Potter on Mash.lol

21-Nov-15

Here's Jeff from Colorado with another nice hog he shot.

21-Nov-15

And Jake from Colorado with the hog he shot. Congratulations guys! It was nice to see y'all again. Sorry I missed saying goodbye and getting more pictures. Looking forward to seeing you all again the next time!

21-Nov-15

For those of you who haven't yet heard the news, we have finally got some help here on the ranch! This is Chris, the new face of Shiloh Ranch. Chris is a hard worker and will be helping us take care of you during your stay at Shiloh. Welcome to the family Chris!

21-Nov-15
Way to dive in there Chris!

21-Nov-15
Welcome to the family Chris.... Will be seeing you in February for the Aporkalypse.

• Sitka Gear