EmbryOklahoma 06-Dec-15
Surfbow 06-Dec-15
S. C. Mercer 06-Dec-15
Neb_Bowhuntin' 16-Dec-15
mattandersen 17-Dec-15
05-Dec-15

EmbryOklahoma's embedded Photo
Yesterday around noon, I was driving across a large pond dam on my way to hang a new stand. I stopped for a few seconds to admire the ducks flying off of the pond. As I sat there, I looked to my left down in a rather large grown up field. Lo and behold, I could see the backs of several hogs, as they were rooting up the field.

I devised a plan to swing around and get the wind right then stalk them in the field. I grabbed my bow and was off.

It took me probably 15 minutes to swing around and get the wind right. As I came out of the creek that I used for cover, I could see they were still there. I krept closer in the waist high grass until I was around 40 yards from them. With grass chutes still blocking the kil zone, I had to get closer. It was then that I saw several piglets running around. One coming less than 10 feet from me. Also 4 other hogs in the 75-80 lb range. This big sow is the one I wanted to kill, and as luck would have it, she was the closer one.

Using the freshly dug up mud (from the the damage the hogs made) to mask my movements, I got within twenty yards and found a hole to shoot though. The big sow was quartered away and when I released, pigs went everywhere!

When I walked up to where the sow was standing at the shot, there lays a piglet with a hole in the ten ring spot. What the hell? Apparently, the piglet was on the other side of momma and the arrow blew through both of them! I'll take it! A good pig is a dead pig.

Thanks for reading.

05-Dec-15
Now that's what I call Hammertime. Keep up the good work. Hope a big one comes by you guys. Hunt

05-Dec-15

I think I like my new muzzy heads. The blood trail was phenomenal!

05-Dec-15
Two for one Okie special!

Congrats!

Mark

05-Dec-15

Here's the only pic I could come up with.... Pig selfie! Lol

05-Dec-15

Sow again...

05-Dec-15

The piglet was about 15 lbs...

Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. Thanks for looking.

05-Dec-15
nicely done! and they say that luck is where preparation and planning meet opportunity,,,,,,,you just meet your opportunity!!

05-Dec-15
Excellent work! Good eating right there.

05-Dec-15
preparation and planning...meat opportunity!!

Cook up one of those ham steaks in a sherry/mushroom sauce for me brother!!!

Then do it again!

Congrats.

05-Dec-15
That piglet will look real good on a smoker and taste ever better. Congrats on two nice pigs.

05-Dec-15
Nice!

05-Dec-15

06-Dec-15
Nice job Rick. How'd that piglet eat?

06-Dec-15
Couldn't tell you, Ike. They are a nuisance. They compete with the deer I eat, for food sources. The pigs I don't care for, so I drag them out into the fields and let the coyotes and buzzards have a meal.

06-Dec-15

S. C. Mercer's embedded Photo
S. C. Mercer's embedded Photo
Been there, done that! Pure dumb luck on my part as well.

I was pig hunting in Texas a few seasons ago and had a group of sows and piglets feeding up towards by ambush spot. I picked out a nice eating size jet black sow and focused all my attention to the spot on her I wanted to hit. When I squeezed off the shot it hit the very spot I was focused on and hogs exploded in all directions. While blood trailing the hog with my buddy, he says "there she is". I walked up and am puzzled because I know I shot a jet black sow, and there laid a multi-colored sow... He thinks I just picked the wrong animal and I am adamant that I shot an all black sow. We looked around a few feet and low and behold, there is another blood trail! Leads 15 yards further and there laid the jet black sow I knew I hit! After piecing the puzzle together we determined the multi-colored sow must have run up beside the black sow at the moment of the shot and I 10 ringed them both. Complete pass through on both animals.

Didn't intend to hi-jack your thread, just wanted to share a similar experience.

Congrats on your successful hunt!

06-Dec-15
Congrats to you both!

Embry, "Buzzards gotta eat". Ha!

God Bless men

06-Dec-15

SC... That's a pretty cool story and I'm glad you shared. Thanks!

My buddy killed this last night... Wow! He was hunting not too far from our camp and the big dude came in during last light rubbing on the electrical poles that run on a right of way. He arrowed him at 5 yards. He weighed 190 lbs! Big nasty sucker.

06-Dec-15

Here he is...

I've killed some big ones and this guy was a tank! My buddies name is Jamie. Some of you might remember him from my "eye popping pants crapping", thread. Good dude!

06-Dec-15
My buddy's dad used to only shoot pigs he could fit in the oven whole, he'd take that piglet off your hands in a heartbeat! He'd just pick up his little guys and walk back to the truck, and then laugh at us while we tried to drag the big old ugly ones we killed out of the brush...

06-Dec-15
Wow! Nice boar!

16-Dec-15
Cool stories!! Bonus pigs are always good!

Shoot Str8 and Stay safe

Jeff

17-Dec-15
Awesome job Rick! I'm coming out for a later winter/early spring hunt! I want to shoot some pigs in a bad way! haha Save some for me!

• Sitka Gear