Zackman 25-Dec-15
iceman 16-Feb-16
Iowahunter 18-Feb-16
LBshooter 18-Feb-16
17-Dec-15

NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
Alaska Range.

I'm trying to get the score and will post it.

17-Dec-15
WOW, beautiful... Thanks for sharing...

17-Dec-15
Wow, that's a heck of a ram.

What else do you know about the hunt?

17-Dec-15
CRAZY big ram.

17-Dec-15
Geez. That looks like a Marco Polo. Tell us a story.

17-Dec-15
Holy smokes!!

17-Dec-15
Wow! You're not helping my wait until next August..

17-Dec-15
Hell of a ram.

17-Dec-15
Wow. Perfection!

17-Dec-15
Wow!!! That is impressive!

17-Dec-15

Heat's embedded Photo
Heat's embedded Photo
Here's a big Chugach ram from 2012 a good friend of mine killed that officially scored 169 6/8 B&C. I'd say that ram is as big or bigger than my buddies ram.

17-Dec-15
DAY-UM!

17-Dec-15
Yup, that is a monster.

17-Dec-15
All I know so far is the hunter is 23 years old and took the ram in the Alaska Range.

17-Dec-15
You know someone was gonna ask,.... weapon?

Nice ram and great photo regardless.

17-Dec-15
Such a noble looking animal very impressive!

17-Dec-15
That thing is a pig. I've hunted it twice and their are some super Rams in the area.

17-Dec-15
He's gotta' be in the mid 170's as a minimum, I would guess.

17-Dec-15
In 2005 before Cam Lancaster passed away he told me a 175 inch dall is like a 7 foot human very rare indeed. C

17-Dec-15
That is a beautiful animal. Congrats to the hunter.

17-Dec-15
Wow

17-Dec-15
Fantastic Ram !! Congrats to the hunter

TMU ?

17-Dec-15
Never ask a sheep hunter where he got a ram. They all lie.

17-Dec-15
Mid 170's would be threatening the P&Y world record wouldn't it? If it was an archery kill of course....

18-Dec-15
Yup. The WR is 174.

We don't know what he used though and usually bowhunters put the bow in the pic so odds say it was rifle killed. I could be wrong though. It could be a WR.

18-Dec-15
Holy-molly!!

What a dandy

Good luck, Robb

18-Dec-15
Tremendous Ram! Congrats to the hunter.

18-Dec-15
Looks like possibly a rifle barrel laying across the pack in the upper right of the picture. Could be a hiking pole, hard to tell.

Nonetheless, great ram!

18-Dec-15
Great exceptional ram!...but even more so from the Alaska Range...where most of the sheep are spotted by everyone that flys...and picked over fairly often.

18-Dec-15
I thought the ram I got this year was incredible until I saw these! Congrats to the hunters that harvested the outrageous rams above. As a side-note...I know a guy that got a ram this year that supposedly scored 178 with a rifle.

18-Dec-15
Yellowjacket I blew the picture up and the object is not a rifle. It is either the bottom of trekking pole or an ice axe.

18-Dec-15
Has to be a world record for trekking pole. Not sure about ice axes.

18-Dec-15
I assume it is not a bow kill. The photo was sent to me by a fellow WSF director who lives in Alaska. I've e-mailed her back asking for the score.

It looked as if the score had been written in at the bottom of the photo, but then cropped at the bottom just enough so you couldn't read the score.

18-Dec-15
Kyle, what I've heard it is 178+, it is a AK range Ram (rifle) there have been several Giant Rams killed in AK this year, I know of 5 that are over 170...two of them in the 178 class, Gov. tag was like 172 Both 178 class Rams were shot I believe in non-drawing permit areas also..AK range & Talkeetnas anyway love looking at big Rams..!!!

18-Dec-15

grazak's embedded Photo
grazak's embedded Photo
This is the same Ram posted above...

18-Dec-15
Thanks, Tony!

That doesn't surprise me at all.

BTW, How's your golf game?

18-Dec-15
Not bad for an Alaskan golfer..!..HCP down to 4.6

Seems like all the Archery killed Dalls are coming from Canada these days...heard of a 168..?

19-Dec-15
Tony,

That ram looks like a freakin' Argali!

19-Dec-15
A giant ram for sure!!!

Grazak, why do you think so many big AK rams this year? Especially non draw rams?? Precipitation and lush vegetation = great growth?

Mark

20-Dec-15
The man with no name

20-Dec-15
Beauty ram for sure!

20-Dec-15
Nick,

Be nice. The smartest person on Bowsite doesn't need to give his identity. People would be knocking down his door to get all the information about every hunting-related topic imaginable. Let's just be greatful we get the insight he is willing to divulge.

21-Dec-15
I thought the smartest man on Bowsite was Idyl?

21-Dec-15
"The smartest person on Bowsite doesn't need to give his identity."

He does if he believes in following the rules of Bowsite.

Bowsite Forums Rule #8:

"Anonymous Registrations are Prohibited

People who register for our services under assumed or "bogus" names will be removed."

Seems pretty clear to me.

22-Dec-15
Mark, I'm not really sure, a few things is Alaska is big, lots of areas a sheep can roam and hide, access is limited, yes you do have to have mild winters, good food source & good genectics in a particular areas and they have to live long enough, some areas have suffered sheep # declines, some of these sheep are taken in highly sought after drawing permit areas (14C etc), Now for finding & hunting these big Rams, not many are stumbled into, most are airplane sheep, there are hundreds of hundreds of hours spent in super cubs by hardcore guides and sheep enthusiast each year trying to find the giant sheep..eventually there found and killed... I also think with the new no-fly law during the season may have forced pilots to fly a lot more because they had to get out and do ALL their spotting before the season start, probably more accumilitave hours in the air ust my thought,anyway just glad to see there still some mega rams around..

22-Dec-15
Nick, not sure if your referring to the pic I posted of the guy holding the horns..? That's just a friend of mine that knows the young man that killed it, he was able to put his hands on the horns I blacked out his face cause I figured he didn't want himself posted over the worldwide web, I just wanted to give everyone a different perspective of the horns,

22-Dec-15
Troy,

That's a great ram! No I wasn't referring to you or your picture. I was referring to the guy who knows everything about everything but doesn't use his name in his profile.

Hope you and your family have a great Christmas and New Years. I saw Brock a few weeks ago at a local meeting. He seems to be doing well! Take care!

22-Dec-15
I've been told both horns are a touch over 45!"

22-Dec-15
Wow, I've been told over 40 is the holly grail! Can't wait to hear the "Official score". Cool!

22-Dec-15
I've heard about this ram from 3 or 4 very reputable people in the community and I keep hearing 178ish. I don't think there's an official score yet and to be honest we may never know.

I know where the ram came from and perhaps that's more impressive. That's a sheep of a lifetime, but considering where and how it was harvested, I hope that guy bought some lottery tickets!!!! That could be the biggest ram to come out that area in 35 years.

22-Dec-15
Don I heard that score from the guy who guided the Talkeetnas ram while brown bear hunting this fall. No doubt the one posted above is close to that but it was from the Alaska Range, correct?

22-Dec-15
Yeah, that's what I'm hearing.

That's an epic sheep for AK range, I've got a friend who whacked a 42" ram out of there 8 years ago with R&R, but it only went 168. Heck, I used to guide out there, and my personal record was 41 5/8" @ 166+.

This ram is a whole other level. Maybe drifted out of LCNP. Though I have friends that flew that this year and they never saw anything close to that.

Probably shouldn't speculate, it'll all come out if the hunter wants it to. Doesn't matter, it's a giant! Good for him.

Sheep show is only a month away! Are you coming down?

25-Dec-15
I asked the friend who sent me the photo if she knew the score. She said, "I've been told 174." She's a wild sheep biologist with AK DFG, so may have decent information.

25-Dec-15
Boy Maverick, for a guy with no name it seems like you've spent a lifetime exploring Alaska's hinterlands.

25-Dec-15
WOW?:

Guide? Braun?

25-Dec-15
Nick,

I'm just amazed someone who has been hunting Dall sheep for 50 years is so proficient on a keyboard

16-Feb-16
Any further info ever come of this ram?

18-Feb-16
No matter what that RAM is fricken awesome congrats.

18-Feb-16
Bow kill? Rifle ? Nice ram either way.

• Sitka Gear